Ideas & suggestions for the next update

Discussion about custom hills.
Xinitiao

Re: Ideas & suggestions for the next update

Post by Xinitiao »

40. Additional parameter d that can be used instead of x in pillars, railing, beams, 3dmodels
We think it would be very useful, especially in dhill constructions.

The commitee also came to the conclusion that the custom lines make the below suggestion obsolete.

Code: Select all

[b]38. Defining the U point [/b]
Defining the position of judges'/fall line (just the drawn/twig line) would be nice, although low priority too.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

5. possibility to remove judgetower building
This is now implemented.

37. Hillmaker-defined cameras
I implemented possibility to define the positions of judge / audience and start gate cameras.

Edit: Takeoff camera position will be adjustable, too.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

17. More <label> instances
19. <label> colors

These are now implemented, too.
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Thank you Jussi for your effort <3
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Xinitiao wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 18:11 40. Additional parameter d that can be used instead of x in pillars, railing, beams, 3dmodels
We think it would be very useful, especially in dhill constructions.
And also, to go with the suggestion quoted above:

41. Additional parameter d that can be used instead of x in profiles and refyd in profiles
Especially useful for lines, but also for all constructions made with d instead of x.

And also big thanks for your effort <3
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

42. Add possibility to use texture as bump map
I guess low priority since I have no idea about proof of concept. But I think textures like bricks, wood can be used as something like 'bump map' which is used to modify normals so object have better 'depth' (example for what would I expect something that would use bricks texture: https://youtu.be/PnazRFnPPcg?t=937).
I don't know how hard implementation is since I'm not D3D expert. But if possible and easy to implement without N bugs, then it would make DSJ look like it's using better engine. (I'm not sure if vertices definition would be unavoidable blocker...). Probably on xml side if would be just extra parameter like bump='true'
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

sneze2r wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 14:20 Implementing refx0 and refy0 in <arc> directive
For now, x0 and y0 parameters are reffering to the 'center' origin of the map, which makes finding proper x0 and y0 very hard. Using variables like refx0 and refy0 would make this much easier
I changed the implementation, so that it's now possible to define the radius of the arc instead of its center point. Positive radius for convex and negative radius for concave. This should be even easier than defining refx0 and refy0.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

baaeschiller23 wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 00:09 10. Rotate and scale model-instances

model-instances can be moved along x, y and z axes. It would be really useful to make rotating and scaling possible as well. This feature should decrease XML files size and make 3d models more flexible.
I have now implemented also this.

Example syntax:

<transformation id="bar">
        <matrix m11="1.0" m22="3.0" m21="1.0" m33="1.0" m44="1.0"/>
    </transformation>

<transformation id="foo">
        <rotate axis="y" angle="45"/>
        <scale x="1" y="2" z="2"/>
        <translate x="0" y="1" z="0"/>
        <transform id="bar"/>
    </transformation>

<model-instance 
        id="vdf106-roof1" refx="inrun0" refy="inrun-top" x="3.525" y="2.85" z="1.175" transformation="foo"/>
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 10:01
sneze2r wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 14:20 Implementing refx0 and refy0 in <arc> directive
For now, x0 and y0 parameters are reffering to the 'center' origin of the map, which makes finding proper x0 and y0 very hard. Using variables like refx0 and refy0 would make this much easier
I changed the implementation, so that it's now possible to define the radius of the arc instead of its center point. Positive radius for convex and negative radius for concave. This should be even easier than defining refx0 and refy0.
Good. Now when this is implemented, I think that having a possibility to create arcs of elipse would be something useful (discussed with sneezer) - and easy to implement (as long as the arc function uses equations to calculate values of the cordinates x = r*cos(alfa) + x0 and y =r*sin(alfa) + y0) because all what has to be changed is a value of the second radius of the eclipse that is different from the value of the first radius.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Xinitiao wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 17:46 36. Guardrail and dhill fence profiles

It would be very helpful in creating realistic inrun and dhill shapes in both real and retro hills, especially in the outrun area.
Apparently the guardrail profiles were there all along (inrun-left/right-guard) :oops:, they work perfectly. The dhill left/right profiles though dont seem to work - the only time I've seen them working is the skokwbok hill and even then it doesnt work every time and has very limited usability. It would be great to have them work similar to inrun - dhill left/right for dhill rendering and dhill left/right - guard for collision detection.
Lurker since 2001
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

43. Ability to manually define in xml which cpu file the hill will be using
For offline roleplay purposes, it would be great to be able to manually define if the hill will use an already available cpu file (i.e with <usecpu="[dsj24hillID]"/>. Such hills of course wouldn't be valid for verification, but would greatly improve the offline sandbox aspect of DSJ - i.e. you would be able to recreate irl seasons with appropiate dhill lines or other cosmetic things. It would even be helpful for very beginner hillmakers - they would be able to put CPU on i.e. a lightly modifed template :)
Lurker since 2001
damwach

Post by damwach »

43.Custom width of the hill at more points.
Some old hills have different width like in old Planica. Maybe it's possible to add parrameter like b0 for any meter of dhill.
44.Programable camera
Camara angle, camera type, zoom and following can be set automatic for jumper position. For example on inrun f1 camera, before takeoff f2 and before fall line f8.
45.For old hills non smooth snow on inrun
46.Editable ski position on traning mode
47.Dirty snow
Last edited by damwach on 08 Nov 2021, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
piczympoom

Post by piczympoom »

Mr. Jussi, this is my first post ever here. First I wanna thank you for the best ski jump game ever. You're the creator of entertainment of many polish fans. I have one suggestion about game. Is possible to put tournament creator to DSJ? Example like in player creator you create tournament, I mean name of tournament, choose hills, choose if classification of tournament per notes or places, KO, choose if it included to World Cup standings, choose if qualification round is included to standigs of tournament. In that way we can add created tournament in World Cup mode. Then we would have full realistic WC with World Championships or Olympic Games. Good option could be added team competition to custom World Cup. I know it could be difficult but have you ever think of that Mr. Jussi?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

48. Startbanner lights panel
After watching today's competition, I thought that adding a simple optional lights panel that changes its light colour with the startlight would add a lot to the immersion, especially in real hills.
Lurker since 2001
Stworap

Post by Stworap »

Jussi, can you add texture all over the ski?
Thank you in advance for your answer
Last edited by Stworap on 20 Nov 2021, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.