lights issue

Discussion about custom hills.
sneze2r

lights issue

Post by sneze2r »

Hello. I'm trying to put a lights inside house with side walls defined by profiles z(x) which are using <arc. House have flat front and back wall, I want to put lights under the ceiling along curved wall. But only front and back wall seems to absorbe the light. I tried with simplest lights possible(on refz="inrun-left|right") but effect is the same... What is causing this issue?

sneze2r

Re: lights issue

Post by sneze2r »

After some debuging I know what's causing this issue. Not the lights itself but pillars. When I define refz on left or right side different than inrun-left or inrun-right, then light near the edge is not absorbing any light. Is there any workaround for this?
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

Problem solved- I had to define curve of the pillar inside 'inrun-left' and 'inrun-right' profiles definitions and put refz for that... Seems that light absorbtion is defined for that profiles only...

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The inrun lights are clipped to 'inrun-left', 'inrun-right' and 'inrun-top' profiles to prevent leaking of light in normal use.
I think I could support adding custom light elements to hills in the upcoming versions so that this kind of "hacks" are not necessary.

The cabin looks great btw! 8)
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Also it would be nice to use the polynom3 function in y-axis :)
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

Jussi Koskela wrote:The inrun lights are clipped to 'inrun-left', 'inrun-right' and 'inrun-top' profiles to prevent leaking of light in normal use.
I think I could support adding custom light elements to hills in the upcoming versions so that this kind of "hacks" are not necessary.

The cabin looks great btw! 8)
Thanks :) somehow I needed only floor to be using 'inrun-left' and 'inrun-right' profiles, glowing floor lightened the rest of the cabin.
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 wrote:Also it would be nice to use the polynom3 function in y-axis :)
It's weird since it works for me when using pillars