DSJ4 1.7 Gorisek Bros. Hills Showcase

Discussion about custom hills.
Gorišek Bros.

Re: DSJ4 1.7 Gorisek Bros. Hills Showcase

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

It's time to visit ski jumping facility located in Transylvania! Don't be scared - this one is not a medieval castle, but rather a modern construction.

GabaKiG

Post by GabaKiG »

Nice hills. I cant wait to jump on them
KulickiB

Post by KulickiB »

Again Gorisek Bros. did fantastic work!
Gorišek Bros.

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

Today we will show the biggest ski jumping complex made by Gorisek Bros. Time for fictional venue located in Rzeszów!

SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

Oh dear, oh dear! Now this complex is one reason that people can't wait to update DSJ4 :D :P It's going to be fun anyways :D
Du måtte bare si det!
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

holy moly, awesome stuff! :D now this is something that you can really call an UPDATE :D thanks for Your hard work Gorisek Bros :)
Gorišek Bros.

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

We are proud to present you our latest, but probably the most important showcase of hills made by Gorisek Bros.
Oberstdorf HS235, Bad Mitterndorf HS235, Planica HS240 and Vikersund HS240 are here, and all of them will be available in v1.7.0!

In addition, we'd like to invite you to our Hills Database which will contain all our hills! You can find it at dsj24.pl
Luk

Post by Luk »

I am waiting the most for Oberstdorf HS137 :)
And do you plan to maked Innsbruck HS130 :?:
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

@Gorisek Bros. How can we gain access to the documentation? Will it be available tomorrow?

Also, the hill search function doesn't work for me at the moment.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

Finally, you have shown us the hills we’ve been waiting for in years :D It’s going to be cool jumping in Vikersund, even with three hill profiles (current, 2011-2017 and other one) :D
Anyways, keep up the good work :D
Du måtte bare si det!
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@Gorisek Bros

Still missing:

Nizhny Tagil HS-134
Innsbruck HS-130
Titisee-Neustadt HS-142
Trondheim HS-138

Hinterzarten HS-108
Courchevel HS-135
Hakuba HS-131
Hinzerbach HS-90
Czajkowski HS-140
NicklasJensen123

Post by NicklasJensen123 »

Amazing. 71 new hills is abseloutely fantastic, thank you so much for all the effort put into the hills. I think im speaking on behalf of the whole community when im saying this. An update was needed for many years, but this is beyond anything i ever imagined, honestly incredible work. Can't wait to try out all the new hills.
Przemek1986

Post by Przemek1986 »

NicklasJensen123 wrote:Amazing. 71 new hills is abseloutely fantastic, thank you so much for all the effort put into the hills. I think im speaking on behalf of the whole community when im saying this. An update was needed for many years, but this is beyond anything i ever imagined, honestly incredible work. Can't wait to try out all the new hills.
You're right. This is more than anyone could ever dream of. One or two years ago I mailed Jussi and literally asked him if it'd be possible to create DJS2 or DSJ3 hills in DSJ4 but he said that it's totally impossible because those hills wouldn't cooperate with the advanced DSJ4 physics system. At that point I lost all the hope, until I visited this website some two weeks ago and noticed this thread. My jaw dropped to the floor and I still haven't managed to pick it up.

I remember somewhere in 1997-98 when I was watching the 4-Hills Turnament on Eurosport, watching Funaki and Thoma, I hoped that there'd be a video game about ski jumping. In my head I even had a rough idea of what it'd look like. Years later came DSJ4 that looked EXACTLY like what I had on my mind back in the 90s. Some 2-3 years ago I hoped that there'd come a day when DSJ4 would support third-party content and that we could patch the game the way we wanted. And here we are. The best Friday 13th ever in my entire life.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Przemek1986 wrote: ... Some 2-3 years ago I hoped that there'd come a day when DSJ4 would support third-party content and that we could patch the game the way we wanted. And here we are. The best Friday 13th ever in my entire life.
I had a dream once....I went to the online server and there were the usual official game rooms (or how do you call them) but then I was able to expand a "subfolder" with 3rd party content and there was lots of other active rooms with people jumping on all kinds of hills.

I thought that's unreal at that time, but now with the 3rd party support it does seem more realistic to me. Let's see how this evolves over time. Just imagine custom servers with custom hills, custom tournaments, leagues, team modes....I have so many ideas in my head...with roadmap like this, I would gladly pay much more expensive online subscription to cover that development. Or call it version 5.0 and let us buy the full game again, no problem :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Somelec is so much fun, IDK why :D