I can't play online as administrator (invalid player file)

Technical support for DSJ3.
Piotr Bukowski

I can't play online as administrator (invalid player file)

Post by Piotr Bukowski »

I was playing online when suddenly there was a short voltage fall (because of power station) - my PC turned off. I have Windows Vista and when I want to play as admin, the error occurs when I want to play online game:

Invalid file: User Filer\Players\Piotr Bukowski.plr

I have to play not as admin but as normal user and although I play with the same player, I have separated records (not blue but lighter line), I do not have permission to do some operations and some other things are very irritating.... :/

What should I do? Will I loose anything if I delete my player file?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

This admin/non-admin issue is related to Windows Vista's virtual file store. You can read about it at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387

The player file obviously got broken during the power shortage. If you are playing as an admin the game uses the player file which is located at your DSJ3 folder, but otherwise Windows Vista forces it to use the player file which is located in the virtual store.

You can safely delete the broken player file and then create the registered player file again. If you have submitted your personal hill records to the global hill records tables, you will be able to download them back to your new player profile.