Computer restarts while playing (especially online)

Technical support for DSJ3.
IamJaruh

Computer restarts while playing (especially online)

Post by IamJaruh »

Dear support, i hope anyone can advice me on this problem, besides buying a new computer..

It seems that while running the game (V1.6.1), my computer every now and then restarts. Is
this somehow familliar? I tried installing it again, cleaned up my PC, even formatted everything
to install Windows again -XP Pro- and still once every 5 to 20 minutes my computers fails
and switch itself off and on quickly, certainly when playing online. The game is always stuttering images
before actually failing. This way i now its coming.

Realy hope someone can tell me about a possible solution.. Thanks in adance!

Jeroen
Either they are crazy, or i am very smart..
IamJaruh

It's even...

Post by IamJaruh »

once every 5 to 20 minutes my computers fails
and switch itself off and on quickly, certainly when playing online.
I should've point out, as well online and offline...

Jeroen
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Computer restarts while playing (especially online)

Post by Jussi Koskela »

IamJaruh wrote: It seems that while running the game (V1.6.1), my computer every now and then restarts. Is
this somehow familliar? I tried installing it again, cleaned up my PC, even formatted everything
to install Windows again -XP Pro- and still once every 5 to 20 minutes my computers fails
and switch itself off and on quickly, certainly when playing online. The game is always stuttering images
before actually failing. This way i now its coming.
Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Does this happen when playing some other 3d games?
IamJaruh

Post by IamJaruh »

Just when playing Dsj... Do have to say that because i have an old Pentium III, my cpu doesn't play games very fast,
though it doesn't fail. Sometimes when playing Dsj, it fails as well due to graphics application with a system notice
after shutting off the game. Bust in 90 % of the case it just shuts my whole computer off.
rukkanen

Post by rukkanen »

I have a similar kind of problem. I can play PES6 without any problems on my computer but DSJ3 causes the computer to shut down unexpectedly. It seems to happen while calculating the computer ski jumpers' results.

I have an AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ processor (1,67 GHz), 1 GB of RAM and a Connect 3D Radeon 9600 Series display adapter.

I have tried the game on 1 024 * 768 and 1 680 * 1 050 (my Windows desktop resolution) resolutions, but it doesn't seem to make any difference... It shuts down with both of these settings. Any ideas?

EDIT: I have also tried both settings 16 bpp and 32 bpp... no difference there either.
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

It would help Jussi if you activate Bluescreens. Instead of showing you the message your PC just restarts.

Are all drivers up to date?