Cannot create (/connect - ?) 3D Device

Technical support for DSJ3.
sunset_rider

Cannot create (/connect - ?) 3D Device

Post by sunset_rider »

Hello,

tried to install a new 22" TFT this afternoon. Have disconnected it, since there is obviously a problem with one of the bottom.

What was asthonishing for me: DSJ did not start without a obvious reason, but stating "Cannot create 3D Device" (I think this was the message that was displayed).

Have sometimes encountered this - usually when changing my grafics card driver. I was mostly able to fix it, simply running the Setup.exe again. However, this time I had to reinstall my driver once again although I had just updated it. Now it works again properly.

As I do not really understand why this happens from time to time, I would like to know what it is what forces DSj to crush, displaying this error.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Philipp
Christian Haugland

Re: Cannot create (/connect - ?) 3D Device

Post by Christian Haugland »

sunset_rider wrote:Hello,

tried to install a new 22" TFT this afternoon. Have disconnected it, since there is obviously a problem with one of the bottom.

What was asthonishing for me: DSJ did not start without a obvious reason, but stating "Cannot create 3D Device" (I think this was the message that was displayed).

Have sometimes encountered this - usually when changing my grafics card driver. I was mostly able to fix it, simply running the Setup.exe again. However, this time I had to reinstall my driver once again although I had just updated it. Now it works again properly.

As I do not really understand why this happens from time to time, I would like to know what it is what forces DSj to crush, displaying this error.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Philipp
hi,
I had the same problem and coreccted it by entering dsj3 setup, you find it in your install folder where you installed dsj3.

in the setup, if it says primary display in the field display then choose the correct display card in the dropdown box, also do this for sound and it should work.

for some reason if you update your displaydriver or card the setup resets to primary display. if it happens you need to enter dsj3 setup and change the display there.

hope it helps ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

You have to run the DSJ3 Setup again whenever you change your graphics or sound drivers. If the drivers are changed/updated the game can't guess which ones to use.