Problem with response of the jumper

Technical support for DSJ3.
BODI

Problem with response of the jumper

Post by BODI »

Jussi,please help me :oops: :oops:

I have a problem,that is very anoying,and it drives me crazy :evil: :evil:

When I move mouse too quickly-as much quick as I can-in case when I am too late on the bound table-the jumper not response-like the mouse wasnt moved at all.
The result is that the jumper not rebound and move into the skies,and the jump is ruined.

So if you maybe know,what seems to be problem.Maybe mouse or grafic card,PC.....

Mouse:mini mouse optical Logitech
PC:intel Pentium 4CPU 2.60GHz 512 MB RAM
Grafic Card:NVIDIA GetForce FX5200
Main Board:QDI PlatiniX 2PE/800-6A

Thanks!
Get movin´ ;)
BODI

Post by BODI »

Hi!

Jusi,I downloaded the latest drivers for mouse,like you suggested me,but,unfortunately,the problem stayes the same.

Do you have maybe some other suggestin?
Get movin´ ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Does the mouse work properly in other applications if you move it very quickly down?
BODI

Post by BODI »

Well,mouse work properly in other aplications.
But it is true,that in DSJ I use it the quickest of all.
So I cant answer that.
I can send you rpl of that kind a jump,if you want.

Thanks anyway.
Get movin´ ;)
BODI

Post by BODI »

I resolve this problem.
Bought a good gamer laser mouse,and now is ok :D
The problem was in bad quality of mouse,so the latest drivers couldn`t help :idea:

Have a nice day!
Get movin´ ;)
TuomoK

Post by TuomoK »

Here's a replay of this problem:
http://www.mediamax.com/tuomok/Hosted/D ... %20bug.rpl

I'm getting it all the time nowdays. For example yesterday in a big tournament I lost 6 rounds because of this so I can't really compete online before I'll get rid of this problem.

I'm using a cheap optical mouse which could be the reason for the problem so I'm thinking about buying a new one. I'm considering buying relatively cheap laser but I wouldn't want to do that before I know for sure that laser mouses don't have that problem.

So has anyone experienced this problem with any laser mouse?

And more importantly, has anyone found other solutions to fix this apart from buying a new mouse?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I have reviewed the DSJ3 source code and didn't find anything that could result the mouse input not being read. The most obvious reason for the problem is that the mouse can't track its movement if the movement is too fast. You could try either using a different mouse driver or a different kind of mouse.
TuomoK

Post by TuomoK »

Jussi Koskela wrote:I have reviewed the DSJ3 source code and didn't find anything that could result the mouse input not being read. The most obvious reason for the problem is that the mouse can't track its movement if the movement is too fast. You could try either using a different mouse driver or a different kind of mouse.
Thanks for your work.

I tried using higher mouse sensitivity so I wouldn't have to move the mouse that fast but it didn't help at all.

I couldn't find any newer drivers for my mouse so that won't be a solution in my case.

Finally I tried replacing my multi-colour mouse pad with A4-paper and it proved to be much more reliable choice. I guess I'll next try some single-colour mouse pad to see if it works even better. If not, I guess I'll have to buy a new mouse.