screen format etc

Technical support for DSJ3.
Grufugl

screen format etc

Post by Grufugl »

Hi Jussi!
I am going to buy a new pc and screen. I now use a 4.3 format screen, but thought of buying 16.9 wide screen next. I also concider 64-bit system instead of 32.
1. Players using 16.9 tell me that the picture in dsj3 is simply streched. This is not very satisfying, to say the least. A solution with black "curtains" on the sides would be helpful. Even better: A picture that is not streched, but simply shows more landscape to the sides. Will one last upgrade for dsj3 to fix this be concidered?
2.Does dsj3 function with 64-bit?
3. What about the plans for dsj4? Will it be designed for 16.9, 4.3, or maybe with optional settings for screen format?
4. And will dsj4 work on 64-bit?
5. "System requirements" for dsj3 says Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista. Does it work with w7? I reckon dsj4 will?
Thanks in advance for your answers :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

16:9 is fully supported since DSJ3 v1.6.0. Menus are stretched, but when jumping the view is wider. You just have to select a widescreen resolution at the setup. DSJ3 works ok on Windows 7 as well.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Then I have been disinformed. Thanks, no problemo then :) Good heavens, you are so quick with your answers I could get the impression we are chatting 8)