Ahonen returns (!!!)

Discussion about ski jumping.
TPo

Ahonen returns (!!!)

Post by TPo »

Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ahonen returns (!!!)

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Wow! Good luck to Janne!
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

YES! My favourite jumper!!!:)
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

hope he gets back to his old shape :)
it just can be good for finnish ski jumping

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

MTV3:n tietojen mukaan Ahonen on tämän kauden aikana hypännyt samoissa harjoituksissa Suomen maajoukkueen hyppääjien kanssa. Ahonen hyppäsi käytännössä kylmiltään uudistetulla puvulla, viime vuoden suksilla ja samalta lähtopuomilta kuin muutkin, ja päihitti kaikki nykyiset maajoukkuehyppääjät.

MTV3 sources tell that Ahonen has jumped practices with other Finnish jumpers. Basically when Ahonen jumped first time with the new suit, last year's skis and the same gate as others, he beat all the national team jumpers.

Just something to get hyped on!
That's gotta hurt.
alexander

Post by alexander »

excellent. Finnish jumpers are struggling at the moment.
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

alexander wrote:excellent. Finnish jumpers are struggling at the moment.
I hope it will help them, they have no leader. Well, polish commentator has just said their coaches are not good, they used to train very much countries and now they train only Finnish jumpers...
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

As much as Finnish ski jumping needs help i dont think a comeback is the best thing to do by Janne. The guy is past his prime for quite some time now, his last comeback ended in not being able to crack into 2nd round. If he was main coach or something it would be much better for the whole team. No disrespect to the legend but what happened last time, even though he had a great beginning with 2nd place at 4hills tournament is still something to worry about. Good luck to him anyway but its a long shot.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

^maybe true but its still nice to see someone from Finland join the WC. I am sad to see what's happening to Finnish ski jumping. I always cheered for the Finland jumpers, such a strong team a few seasons ago.
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

Quality of jumpers is not bad at all at this moment, Koivuranta, Happonen, Larinto (pre-injury) and in future Asikainen is a really good base to go from, unfortunately they are mostly made of glass so we have to wait for them to have a healthy season.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/makihyppy/art ... 23470.html Somewhat related: One Ahonen returns and another Ahonen rises! Article: Mico Ahonen jumped for the first time in Lahti HS 130 as 11 years of age! I hope this kid has the motivation to be one of the best one day!
That's gotta hurt.