Continental Cup season 2007/2008

Discussion about ski jumping.
EyTschej

Continental Cup season 2007/2008

Post by EyTschej »

I just thought, we should bring the ski jumping section to life somehow. After all, DSJ has got "something" to do with ski jumping, hasn't it? :wink:

The last two days, there were two COC events in Engelberg, both of which were won by Jakub Janda. He will be at the Tour. Apart from that, the Austrian and Norwegian jumpers were pretty good, the Czech jumpers also are not doing fine this winter so far. Slovenia hasn't been that good yet, Roglic seems totally out of shape. Also, the Russians are not doing well at all. And the Germans? Oh dear. But at least they have a sort of excuse this time: the 6 best non-World-Cup jumpers were not in Engelberg because they will be at the Tour.

I just think that it makes perfect sense that Austria and Norway are that good in the COC. This provides the ground for their leading roles in the World Cup as well. The Czech jumpers are also improving and the World Cup will see more Czech jumpers regularly in the Top 15 as a consequence, I believe. They are doing good work over there with Richard Schaller calling the shots.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

I didn't want to start a new thread, but figured that this was the right place to break the following news:

Severin Freund is team junior world champion :!:

Germany won ahead of Austria and Poland. The first DSJ player to go for real gold :wink:
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog