How do you discovered Deluxe Ski Jump

Discussion about ski jumping.
Kofler

Re: How do you discovered Deluxe Ski Jump

Post by Kofler »

TheOnlySuperKing wrote:It was autumn 2006 or january 2007, I was surfing in net on my uncle's machine because I didn't have net back then. I found the demo somewhere (actually it was not Mediamond site...) and asked him to download and bring it for me. Hell I couldn't jump at all because I didn't know you have to push both buttons down xD But really I started doing records in 2010.
Heikki, why are you creating new and new accounts?
LuckyStrike

Post by LuckyStrike »

I came across one of the first games in the late 90's, but I am still unsure whether or not it was DSJ. This was around 97-99 if I'm not completely mistaken. I thiiink it was DSJ. Played a bit for laughs at LANs and such, and played abit more when 2.0 came out. I didn't pick it up again until DSJ 3 (when online records were implemented) and started having a record-war with my dad and my younger brother. Played ALOT back then until all records were erased with DSJ3 1.5, then I kinda lost motivation.

Left it alone until DSJ4 and got hooked again. I find it kinda ironic that I am sitting on a nuclear reactor of a computer and still this game is what I spend most time on.
My DSJ3 Hill Records!
TheOnlySuperKing

Post by TheOnlySuperKing »

Kofler wrote:
TheOnlySuperKing wrote:It was autumn 2006 or january 2007, I was surfing in net on my uncle's machine because I didn't have net back then. I found the demo somewhere (actually it was not Mediamond site...) and asked him to download and bring it for me. Hell I couldn't jump at all because I didn't know you have to push both buttons down xD But really I started doing records in 2010.
Because some dickhead is banning them, and I don't like it.
The Finnish DSJ Legend

I admire Szewczyk, Pfleger and Jaluvka

DSJ3 Total 7795,87 (15 FIN records)
DSJ4 Total 1611,35

Dont call me a cheater if you have better records than me. Thats like 20 years old muscle man punching out 10 years old girl.
TPo

Post by TPo »

TheOnlySuperKing wrote:
Kofler wrote:
Because some dickhead is banning them, and I don't like it.
Ban evasion is usually bannable.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
TheOnlySuperKing

Post by TheOnlySuperKing »

So? My account got banned after YOU said I'm multing on channel, even me and the topic publisher were online at the same time. Hehe... Next time please be more careful.
The Finnish DSJ Legend

I admire Szewczyk, Pfleger and Jaluvka

DSJ3 Total 7795,87 (15 FIN records)
DSJ4 Total 1611,35

Dont call me a cheater if you have better records than me. Thats like 20 years old muscle man punching out 10 years old girl.
dec

Post by dec »

I discovered this game about 9 years ago when I was still in elementary school. People loved playing it on library computers so I joined them. Been a fan ever since.
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

BartiSkiJumper wrote:Im start jump DSJ3 on 2004 with my uncle, when I have 6 years old :)
so now you are 14 years old ???
damn young for such a good jumper :wink:

i'm 26 years old and i discovered dsj in school, i think it was 2004 :arrow: it was the most popular game in school
me and my friend were very very good in jumping ... for example is dsj3 v.1 (where the take-off bug was) we had a lot of unregistered wr's
for example the wr in slovakia is still 197,09 (held by machowiak) and i jumped 201,69 :lol: haha, thats the truth but i don't know exactly how much is this jump worth ...!?

wherever ...
###fu**ing cheaters!!!###
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

By the way I´m 14 since february :)
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

SuperAdo111 wrote:By the way I´m 14 since february :)
another one :wink:

so you are 14, teen spirit, much time in and out of school ...

i think, if i'm 14 now, i will be on 3rd place in total length :mrgreen:

no, just kidding ... but maybe it would be possible !!!
###fu**ing cheaters!!!###
Mario Kickmayer 2

Post by Mario Kickmayer 2 »

domi_deluxe wrote:i think, if i'm 14 now, i will be on 3rd place in total length :mrgreen:
If i would be 14 i would be more than 1cm in front of Admir :lol:
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Boyfriend of my sister brought DSJ2 demo to me on a 3.5" diskette back in 2000.
I loved it, bought it immediately (spent my whole pocket money then, haha), and still playing today ;-)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin Kafka wrote:Boyfriend of my sister brought DSJ2 demo to me on a 3.5" diskette back in 2000.
I loved it, bought it immediately (spent my whole pocket money then, haha), and still playing today ;-)
Money well spent! :)
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Back in early months of 2001 I had no idea if DSJ is actually availible as a hard copy just as other regular games at the time... so I went to a local computer store and asked if they sell DSJ. They guy just told me to buy a 3.5'' diskette and in few minutes later I had a copy of DSJ in my hands. Being a newbie to computers and internet especially, I wasn't aware of that there is a licence to buy...