Where could I see the competitions?

Discussion about ski jumping.
Flying Finn

Where could I see the competitions?

Post by Flying Finn »

So, this year here in Finland there comes no Ski Jumping for free. TV shows competitions only in MTV3 Max, which is something, you need to pay for. If anyone has suggestions, where could I see competitions for free, let me know. It doesn't matter, what language commentators are speaking, the picture is most inportant.

The Four Hill Tournament can be seen from TV for free, but other competitions have been anything but free to watch. :roll:

Sorry my english, it's not perfect.
LuckyStrike

Re: Where could I see the competitions?

Post by LuckyStrike »

Not entirely sure, but perhaps Eurosport streams the competitions?
My DSJ3 Hill Records!
dec

Post by dec »

Well if you want to watch ski jumping on your computer, this website always has a nice amount of streams: *link*. The quality is pretty horrid but it's a good alternative if you don't have a TV source.
TPo

Post by TPo »

LuckyStrike wrote:Not entirely sure, but perhaps Eurosport streams the competitions?
Yeah. Last year I watched the Vikersund quali from an Eurosport stream, because it wasnt shown live in Finland :roll: A very good decision, saw the WR live.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Flying Finn

Post by Flying Finn »

Thanks guys, that link, what Dec posted is working fine, and now I can see the qualification on last competition... Weather just seems to be bit bad at the moment. Hopefully they can jump the qualification and that competition.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

Flying Finn wrote:So, this year here in Finland there comes no Ski Jumping for free. TV shows competitions only in MTV3 Max, which is something, you need to pay for. If anyone has suggestions, where could I see competitions for free, let me know. It doesn't matter, what language commentators are speaking, the picture is most inportant.

The Four Hill Tournament can be seen from TV for free, but other competitions have been anything but free to watch. :roll:

Sorry my english, it's not perfect.

I'm sure there are streams available, I watched competitions on the web lots of times.

And btw. wow, no free ski jumping in Finland Tv ? Finland is one of the top teams in ski jumping and they dont show it in public tv ? I'd get mad ;)
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

I'm sure there are streams available, I watched competitions on the web lots of times.
And btw. wow, no free ski jumping in Finland Tv ? Finland is one of the top teams in ski jumping and they dont show it in public tv ? I'd get mad ;)
That's been one of the big problems recently in Finland. Ski jumping doesn't receive the attention it deserves - money moves away from ski jumping and that means less training jumps :<
That's gotta hurt.
bluebarcode

Post by bluebarcode »

Both ORF (austrian television) and ZDF (German television) were providing free live streams for the 4HT, where the German stream was REALLY good quality.

I could imagine that they will probably make live streams for some bigger events like ski-flying aswell.

greetings!
Mario Kickmayer 2

Post by Mario Kickmayer 2 »

I think ORF will bring the Kulm flying events as a stream on "sport.orf.at"
Flying Finn

Post by Flying Finn »

Yes, no free ski jumping. Well now they show those ski flying competitions for free, but not those normal competitions.
RobertKranjecFAN

Post by RobertKranjecFAN »

I also found this site: *CLICK*
Quality isn't pretty good, but still better than nothing
TPo

Post by TPo »

RobertKranjecFAN wrote:I also found this site: *CLICK*
Its using the DSJ logo for skiing? :lol:
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

TPo wrote:
RobertKranjecFAN wrote:I also found this site: *CLICK*
Its using the DSJ logo for skiing? :lol:
hahahahahahahahahahha yes , :lol: