Our hero Severin

Discussion about ski jumping.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Neumayer isn't in the same shape as in 2005 anymore, I don't think he can keep the German record.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

To my mind Severin's former PB doesn't really matter here. Considering the form he had and his results on normal hills at that time, I would say that Severin is a talented Skiflyer.
By the way... 10th is a good result, especially of that competition on Wednesday. :)
m00nchile

Post by m00nchile »

Yes, the first round was one of many indicators this season that even with the wind corrections, unfavorable conditions can still ruin a competition. Not to take anything away from Uhrmanns first round effort, but subsequent jumpers had no chance to close the gap. And even though the wind was clearly unfavorable, jumpers still recieved negative wind points, wierd wierd wierd. Anyways, even though I'm rooting for you Severin, my hopes lie with Robert Kranjec on Oberstdorf. :)
Still, best of luck from Slovenia!
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Don't you ever jump like this again!! Man, this first jump almost scared the shit out of me! :D Especially the right after the take off when ur right ski went a bit too low :shock:
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

INCREDIBLE! 218 meters :D
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

Totally impressed, even though I was quite sure that you would beat your personal best!

:shock:
sunset_rider wrote:To my mind Severin's former PB doesn't really matter here. Considering the form he had and his results on normal hills at that time, I would say that Severin is a talented Skiflyer.
By the way... 10th is a good result, especially of that competition on Wednesday. :)
Nebenbei: Ich bin von Eurosport wieder zu den ÖR gewechselt. Ich weiß nicht, was andere schauen, aber Eurosport ist aj wohl recht beliebt. ARD/ZDF ist zwar auch kein Allheilmittel, hat aber einen großen Vorteil: Dieter Thoma.
Ich habe Tränen gelacht als er Freitag die Quali in Oberstdorf kommentierte. Zu Bodmers Sturz sinngemäß: "Jetzt hat er den Ski im Po." Der bringt genau die Lockerheit des Sports rüber, ohne zu verharmlosen oder in Überheblichkeit abzudriften wie das andere Kommentatoren teilweise tun.
Wenn ich Sport anschaue, will ich die Ästhetik und die Freude an der Bewegung genießen und nicht dauernd irgendwelche Mäkeleien von Zaungästen hören. Jeder ernsthate Profi hat ein eigenes Interesse an Leistung. Warum also sich als Außenstehender über die Leistung solcher Profis erheben, die x-Mal mehr drauf haben als man selbst?

Die sollten Thoma als Ko-Kommentator fest anstellen. Unvergessen seine Moderation mit Jauch bei RTL um die Jahrtausendwende.
Last edited by sunset_rider on 06 Feb 2011, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

lol ... I only just noticed: +4.2 wind points :P - Hey Severin ... be lucky you didn't have headwind ... according to the wind points, that is ... :lol: (wind points are a joke)

I gotta admit that I was kinda worried before you're second jump. You were in serious trouble in the first jump as well as in the third training jump on Friday. It seems as if your system is really at its limit at ski flying - it can work really great, but it can also become unstable and consequently dangerous. Accordingly, I could imagine that Schuster says no to Vikersund for you. Haven't heard anything official on the Vikersund team yet, though. If you know what the problems were and if you can control these problems, I hope you will be in Vikersund after all. To me, Vikersund is the bigget highlight of this season. The "shadow of Vikersund" has been all over this season so far and barely anyone speaks about Oslo - everyone is excited about Vikersund. I just hope that Vikersund will be just that: exciting! And not a disaster ...
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
m00nchile

Post by m00nchile »

Congrats on your new PB, what a wonderful flight. Also, that 188,5 meter jump in my eyes proved to me that you're really comfortable with flying, it seemed like you were caught in some bad crosswind, but still held it together. All in all, a great weekend.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Sevo congrats on that PB :)
But what's with the right ski man? :roll:
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

I was too busy this week, but finally managed checking my pictures from Willingen.

I visited the table some times during my training the other week and finally decided to take a tour in the afternoon. I had been up there for several times during the Jumping-Weekends, but never seen the rooms inside. The guide delivered no new information (explained K/HS and so), but at least I was allowed to see the inner rooms of the "eagle's nest". Quite interesting.
A fistful of pictures is attached below. Just a rough selection, but I thought that some of you were interested to watch them. So:

This was on Sunday, the day Severin won

The mono-rail up the hill

On top:

The Bakken and the room, in which the prepared jumpers waited for their jump:

I told the guide that I dream of jumping down hills on Ski since I was a child of 4 years, and if there was any chance to take a try on one of the small local hills. He responded that the club wouldn't do such trainings for everybody, but there was someone , who organizes such jumpings on these hills. The smallest one is on the left in the picture, hardly visible here:

Since I had watched that vid of Jussi on the mainpage some years before, showing his Skijumping training, I wanted to do that as well.
To be honest, I learned Skiing last week. Never stand on Ski before. But at least I was able to go down each local slope on the fourth day, which quite surprised me. No great abilites and skills, but I see a real chance to achieve my goal in the next years now.

It will take a lot of extra training. There was some kind of small natural jump (1m table height located in a "red" slope). Of course I needed to take a try on my first day up there. I actually didn't crash, because the weight distribution was obviously quite correct, but it was fucking hard to stand it. This was just 1m table height and a speed of 20-30km/h or so. :shock:

mazifin96

Post by mazifin96 »

Nice jump today Severin ! :D
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Good jumping once again Severin! I was there cheering for you. 8)
crystal

Post by crystal »

Severin, congrats on a fantastic season for yourself - it was extremely enjoyable watching the competitions, seeing your victories + splendid jumps as well! And a great finish with another Top 6 ranking today in Plania + finishing the World Cup as No 7 - fantastic!
J.MIRO

Re: Our hero Severin

Post by J.MIRO »

Great season by Severin! Grats!
Qestion:
Severin, whether you will be starting in polish 3 hills tournament?
Whether we will see you in Summer Grand Prix?