DSJ[vers. number]
100%
RTL SKI JUMPING[vers. year]
No votes

Total votes: 37

CalinStelistu

DSJ vs RTL SKI JUMPING

Post by CalinStelistu »

DSJ: real hills in vers. 4 but is an online good game, world cup etc.
RTL SKI JUMPING: real jumpers, all real hills, world cup etc.
SuperAdo111

Re: DSJ vs RTL SKI JUMPING

Post by SuperAdo111 »

How the hell you can compare arcade vs simulation?
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

SuperAdo111 wrote:How the hell you can compare arcade vs simulation?
LOL So true... DSJ is better, of course . BTW RTLs don't have real jumpers and DSJ have real hills. :wink:
JakubJiroutek

Post by JakubJiroutek »

RTL Ski Jumping is nothing against DSJ. For example, in RTL SJ 2007 the K-points are wrong and there is no HS-point. The end-result shows no distance, only the points. The inrun speed is totally wrong. How can someone reach over 115 km/h in Planica in real life ?
sado1

Post by sado1 »

DSJ: real hills, no cpu jumpers so can't compare with RTL's real jumpers, superb online multiplayer mode, AMAZING PHYSICS
RTL: more real hills, real jumpers, no multiplayer mode (not sure, don't remember, but I guess if there was any online multiplayer, it doesn't work anymore till now), arcade physics :roll:

I believe it's a bit more fair comparison, although there's no point comparing simulation game to arcade game. It's like trying to tell if Gran Turismo is better than NFS... RTL was made to be a game that you play for a while then forget it (or, from RTL's point of view, "you paid, we forget about you"), DSJ was made to give you something that you won't forget, something that constantly improves in each version, gives you more and more fun.
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I have absolutely adored ski jumping games from RTL back in the day. From 2003 edition onwards it went downhill...
Weavile

Post by Weavile »

JakubJiroutek wrote:RTL Ski Jumping is nothing against DSJ. For example, in RTL SJ 2007 the K-points are wrong and there is no HS-point. The end-result shows no distance, only the points. The inrun speed is totally wrong. How can someone reach over 115 km/h in Planica in real life ?
In DSJ, at Gate 50, the max speed approaches 114 km/h.
I've played RTL 2005, but it's complete garbage compared to DSJ4 and even DSJ3. You jump too much on large hills, for example my hill record in Sapporo is 147.5m!! But I can't jump longer than 220m in Planica. :(
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

RTL have not even bothered to upgrade hills properly... so now you can jump at Innsbruck K110 HS130
TheDawidek07

Post by TheDawidek07 »

Rajmek1233 wrote:DSJ>RTL
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

RTL was really good once upon time especially if your friends came over to visit you. We used to play their Winter sports game (Ski jump included) alot, its an idiot-proof game which attacts the casuals. But now their products dont have any gameplay, just eye candy.
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I still think that 2002 edition is the best of all ski jumping games from RTL. Even after 10 years :) Flying style was rather weird... :? At least distances were close to those real ones. As far as I remember reaching 220 metres in Planica was almost impossible. In RTL Ski Jumping 2007 you could jump 250 metres and land with a telemark :cry: