moderators

Off-topic discussion & chatter.
alexander

moderators

Post by alexander »

this forum obviously needs moderating. there's as much spam as actual worthwhile posting going on. we need more moderators, and they shouldn't be afraid to ban spammers for a couple of days (increasing the ban for each time).
Last edited by alexander on 12 Apr 2011, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Alan_Cieslar

Re: more moderators

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

alexander wrote:this forum obviously needs moderating. there's as much spam as actual worthwhile posting going on. we need more moderators, and they shouldn't be afraid to ban spammers for a couple of days (increasing the ban for each time).
You're calling people spammers but I made a thread and you've duplicated it which is basically spamming. Sorry but I don't get you..
alexander

Post by alexander »

your thread is about getting a Polish moderator. I don't know what the point of that would be. just get more moderators. this isn't a Polish forum.
Jesus4000

Post by Jesus4000 »

alexander wrote:your thread is about getting a Polish moderator. I don't know what the point of that would be. just get more moderators. this isn't a Polish forum.
this
Alan_Cieslar

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

alexander wrote:your thread is about getting a Polish moderator. I don't know what the point of that would be. just get more moderators. this isn't a Polish forum.
But if a Polish person was picked, like Risen, they would surely be able to speak good English anyway?
alexander

Post by alexander »

the average Pole post on this forum hasn't given me any reason to believe that the Polish are *better* English speakers than other nationalities represented on the forum. I see no reason to discriminate other nationalities.
Alan_Cieslar

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

alexander wrote:the average Pole post on this forum hasn't given me any reason to believe that the Polish are *better* English speakers than other nationalities represented on the forum. I see no reason to discriminate other nationalities.
Maybe they aren't but some Poles are as much capable of speaking English like people from other countries.
MichalD

Post by MichalD »

Look Alexander , probably 99% of users are from Poland so you cant require, that all of them will be good english speakers.

I'm convinced that if the 99% users will be Germans , Russians or any other large non english nation, we should have identical problem with their english language skills and all of you will complain about them in same scale as about Poles.
Last edited by MichalD on 11 Apr 2011, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Arto Sihvola

Post by Arto Sihvola »

alexander wrote:the average Pole post on this forum hasn't given me any reason to believe that the Polish are *better* English speakers than other nationalities represented on the forum. I see no reason to discriminate other nationalities.
So you discriminate Polish people?
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

I would create a Polish sub-forum and appoint a moderator for it if I had the rights. Enough of the clutter in this section ;)
magnevox

Post by magnevox »

Please, don't creep up to Jussi. If he wanted, he'd select somebody for this position. But, I agree, that on this forum is chaos.
alexander

Post by alexander »

Alan_Cieslar wrote:Maybe they aren't but some Poles are as much capable of speaking English like people from other countries.
so what? that is no reason to discriminate other countries. that doesn't even make any sense.
MichalD wrote:Look Alexander , probably 99% of users are from Poland so you cant require, that all of them will be good english speakers.

I'm convinced that if the 99% users will be Germans , Russians or any other large non english nation, we should have identical problem with their english language skills and all of you will complain about them in same scale as about Poles.
no where near 99% of the users are from Poland. no one is requiring them to have a perfect (or good even) handling of the English language. I have no idea where you even got that from or what you are talking about. I fail to see what any of these things has to do with anything. what is your point? all I am saying is that we need new moderators.
Arto Sihvola wrote:So you discriminate Polish people?
what are you talking about? on what grounds am I discriminating the Polish posters? you are the obvious discriminating party here. I just want new moderators. there is no reason for the new moderator to be Polish. that is discrimination. this isn't a hard concept.
Alan_Cieslar

Post by Alan_Cieslar »

alexander wrote:
Alan_Cieslar wrote:Maybe they aren't but some Poles are as much capable of speaking English like people from other countries.
so what? that is no reason to discriminate other countries. that doesn't even make any sense.
MichalD wrote:Look Alexander , probably 99% of users are from Poland so you cant require, that all of them will be good english speakers.

no where near 99% of the users are from Poland. no one is requiring them to have a perfect (or good even) handling of the English language. I have no idea where you even got that from or what you are talking about. I fail to see what any of these things has to do with anything. what is your point? all I am saying is that we need new moderators.
Arto Sihvola wrote:So you discriminate Polish people?
what are you talking about? on what grounds am I discriminating the Polish posters? you are the obvious discriminating party here. I just want new moderators. there is no reason for the new moderator to be Polish. that is discrimination. this isn't a hard concept.
But a Polish moderator would certainly be useful, you haven't seen the spam in the Polish thread, after all there are like 130 pages.
Grufugl

Re: more moderators

Post by Grufugl »

alexander wrote:this forum obviously needs moderating.
It certainly does. In my five years on the dsj3-forum, I've never seen anything like the way it has become lately. For some reason the amount of spamming and trolling has gone sky high since dsj4 was announced. A lot of posters here should be banned, and a lot of posts deleted. And we have ended up with as much as five different polish sections! By the way: Do we need polish, german, finnish or norwegian sections at all here? The list will probably expand (section for slovenians, romanians, etc). Why not make your own fora, and simply post a link here? This forum is international, posts here should be for everybody and should therefore be in english IMO.
Edit: SIX polish sections now, and new: an austrian in addition to the german. Can moderator please move all the polish threads to "section for poles"?
Edit: SEVEN now...
Last edited by Grufugl on 12 Apr 2011, 21:41, edited 3 times in total.
alexander

Post by alexander »

@alan_cieslar
ah, so you want a Polish moderator for the Polish section? that would be fine with me. but the forum needs moderators in general as well. however, I find myself quite in agreement with grufugl. this is the forum for the game itself. for just general discussion in Polish, or whatever, you could make your own forums, and maybe even request that Jussi posts links for "general discussion in [language]" forums like these.

I don't see any real reason for these social threads. this forum should be for support, technical information and suggestions for the game, as well as discussions around the game.

@grufugl - I agree. I haven't seen this much spamming and trolling here ever. I've been here for several years (though I haven't been a registered user for that long), and the sudden escalation in trash posts is baffling to me.