Bug with takeoff and jumper's steering

Bugs in DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Bug with takeoff and jumper's steering

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I detected two bugs with 1.6.2:
1. Sometimes on takeoff, even if I do this in ideal point, I can see that jumper lose a power after takeoff and jump is over 10 meters shorter than it should be. That's something like suddenly lowered takeoff.
2. Sometimes, meanwhile flight, I lose control for a moment or the mouse sensivity suddenly drops. It's irritating.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Re: Bug with takeoff and jumper's steering

Post by SoBo »

Maciejo-96 wrote:I detected two bugs with 1.6.2:
1. Sometimes on takeoff, even if I do this in ideal point, I can see that jumper lose a power after takeoff and jump is over 10 meters shorter than it should be. That's something like suddenly lowered takeoff.
2. Sometimes, meanwhile flight, I lose control for a moment or the mouse sensivity suddenly drops. It's irritating.

Maciej i had the same feeling , and i know so many of us can't play on the same level as before 1.6.2 Version. Jussi make this version for Windows 10 users , and after this update DSJ 4 became game with "another muse control" , is difficult make perfect take off "repetitively" , and after take off u can't feel nothing , i mean in older version everyone feel "oh perfect take off". Mouse sensivity is now totally different , but i have a question ..Is sense change it? The game has now "other control" , manny of us (mee too) change DPI and Sens , learn make good jumps again , (Gibbon is not working perfectly as before :P) , but the game is still playable.Give yourself time , changed a little bit control settings and you come back to the Top , faster than you think.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

1. In DSJ v1.6.2 the timing of mouse events is more accurate than before. Earlier the accuracy was linked to graphics framerate (60 FPS for most players), but now it's always 150 FPS. Therefore, it's now essential to press the buttons down very precisely at the same time. This change was introduced to make the mouse controls feel about the same regardless of the monitor refresh rate.
2. This could be caused by background processes interfering with DSJ4 mouse input thread. It's best to close other programs.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
1. In DSJ v1.6.2 the timing of mouse events is more accurate than before. Earlier the accuracy was linked to graphics framerate (60 FPS for most players), but now it's always 150 FPS. Therefore, it's now essential to press the buttons down very precisely at the same time. This change was introduced to make the mouse controls feel about the same regardless of the monitor refresh rate.
2. This could be caused by background processes interfering with DSJ4 mouse input thread. It's best to close other programs.

Jussi i give my opinion. I agree with Maciej , i have similar problem .It is no secret so in DSJ 4 the most important issue is take off , but i'm write about "speed rebound" i mean time between take off and obtaining perfect angles flight. In lastet DSJ 4 version it was easy to learn. I tested 1.6.2 , 1.6.2RC1 , and 1.6.1 version DSJ 4 on two different computers one Windows 8.1 64 / and Win 10 64 .(but 1.6.1 just offline). Results what were so 1.6.2 , 1.6.2RC1 they have errors in the mouse control. I mean when I press mouse to take off i notice "delay" , what causes late take off. It was a first think , another one is reduced mouse control when ski jumper is fly. I'll explain you , after take off is lost control for a momment , ski are going to down , and when try take control is to late because in this game is most importent distance :)My attention , and request is so you can try do something with mouse controle , try to improve , or on returning with mouse setings to version 1.6.1 will better to all DSJ community. Give me a answer thanks.

Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Try to download DSJ4 v1.6.1 T2. I am actually jumping on this version and I don't have any problem with jumping.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Try to download DSJ4 v1.6.1 T2. I am actually jumping on this version and I don't have any problem with jumping.

Hi.Can you send a link with 1.6.1 T2. Don't have any idea where search this .Thanks :)

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I found and fixed a bug which might have caused weaker takeoff sometimes on some computers. Here's another test version:
http://www.mediamond.fi/dev/dsj4v162-t1.exe
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Any feedback if this solved the weak takeoff?
At least it worked on people who kept mouse buttons down during the flight (and landed accidentally due to bug).
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Now it is okey... tnx Jussi
PEAK: 1842
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

I have the same issue on Win8.1 - had to go back to 1.6.1

if I had the new settings in configuration setup checked (don't know the name) I had weak takeoffs.

When I unchecked it I jumper normal but not the same as before...I had to tweak sensitivity a bit as my jumps didn't feel the same. Now I went back to 1.6.1 and my jumps are like I remember them :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Takeoff bug fixed, but still irritates that game can't handle control on mouse. Sometimes even if I move my mouse or click any button the jumper doesn't react and loses his control for about a half of second or a little bit less. For me, it seems to be worse, not better than in 1.6.1. Of course I don't have really good PC, but I think actually for me steering of jumper is worse.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Moment on Take off is improved :) I found small loss of control in the air for about a second ,there is completley no mouse control , but i had the same problem on 1.6.2 Version. So i can tell for me at this momment 1.6.3 Version is good , but i have a question too you Jussi. Did you change something for a landing? I ask becasuse i have a about 2-4 randoms landing fails after 48 Hills. Too this time i used 1.6.1 DSJ 4 Version , but at the moment i can recommend 1.6.3 Version for all players , because take of bug is improving , no problem with FPS , and this Version is verry similar to first playable DSJ 4 Version.

Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Takeoff bug fixed, but still irritates that game can't handle control on mouse. Sometimes even if I move my mouse or click any button the jumper doesn't react and loses his control for about a half of second or a little bit less.
SoBo wrote:I found small loss of control in the air for about a second ,there is completley no mouse control , but i had the same problem on 1.6.2 Version.
Is this going to be fixed? Have you been able to reproduce it? It's pretty much the only thing keeping me from upgrading to Windows 10 / v1.6.3.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Afaik, it's not a common problem. I haven't been able to reproduce it.