Laggs

Bugs in DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laggs

Post by Jussi Koskela »

lenc wrote:Wow, I just installed the new Nvidia driver and the FPS has suddenly dropped to about 70-80 :shock: Nothing else has changed as far as I know.
My interpretation is that the drivers are doing some kind of automatic syncing to monitor refresh rate even if the vsync is not turned on.

If I didn't cap the frame rate to 200 FPS by using CPU sleep, I got about 240 FPS, but if there was even 1 ms of sleeping for each frame, the frame rate dropped to about 64 FPS. In T1 version the sleeping was disabled but in T2 it was enabled again (in case that the user has disabled vsync).

So, the drivers might interpret sleep system call as a signal to cap the frame rate to monitor refresh rate. Sounds crazy, but I didn't come up with any other explanation. With regards to smoothness, this shouldn't be a problem as far as the resulting frame rate is higher than the monitor refresh rate.

You could still try what happens if you turn vsync off in DSJ4 Setup and force vsync on from NVidia settings. This way DSJ4 won't do any sleeping (it thinks vsync is on) and you will see what's the maximum frame rate.
matmatrix121

Post by matmatrix121 »

I Installed T2 version and I don't have problems, but mouse sensitivity is bad :( I had 1.50 and now 1.50 it is not enough. Higher sensitivity is not good too because jumper undulates skis :(
Mateusz Marciniak POL

Online peak: 1821
World Cup 2014/2015 - 5. place
World Cup 2013/2014 - 7. place
lenc

Post by lenc »

Things just keep getting weirder. I start the computer today and the FPS is back to 200 (T2 version), without me having made any changes what so ever :|
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

matmatrix121 wrote:I Installed T2 version and I don't have problems, but mouse sensitivity is bad :( I had 1.50 and now 1.50 it is not enough. Higher sensitivity is not good too because jumper undulates skis :(
Using vertical sync will result small mouse lag, so you could try turning it off in DSJ4 Setup. After that the jumping should feel exactly the same as before.
matmatrix121

Post by matmatrix121 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
matmatrix121 wrote:I Installed T2 version and I don't have problems, but mouse sensitivity is bad :( I had 1.50 and now 1.50 it is not enough. Higher sensitivity is not good too because jumper undulates skis :(
Using vertical sync will result small mouse lag, so you could try turning it off in DSJ4 Setup. After that the jumping should feel exactly the same as before.
It works :) Thanks :)
Mateusz Marciniak POL

Online peak: 1821
World Cup 2014/2015 - 5. place
World Cup 2013/2014 - 7. place
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Everything works smoothly. No laggs, even on FHD with highest details' concentration. Thank you Jussi :)
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Chabiker

Post by Chabiker »

Hi Chaps,

Where can I find the link to download the patch? Is it on the main page, because I cant see it?

Many thanks
DSJ ADDICT
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Chabiker wrote:Hi Chaps,

Where can I find the link to download the patch? Is it on the main page, because I cant see it?

Many thanks
There's only a test version: http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic ... =15#p75832
I'm working on the official release.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

I'm working on the official release.[/quote]

If you start working the official version , maybe you can make new hills? :o Many developers make now Remastered of old their games :D Maybe it's time for you ? ,time for the return of the classic game, on the refreshed edition :P

BTW version "T2" is working very well thanks Jussi 4that :D
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

SoBo wrote:maybe you can make new hills?
Only one upcoming bug fix and you think that Jussi will come back to DSJ4 development. Wrong way.

DSJ4 will have some new versions only if something wrong will be detected in game, for bigger releases there aren't still any plans. Jussi told us about that 2 years ago.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

lenc wrote:Things just keep getting weirder. I start the computer today and the FPS is back to 200 (T2 version), without me having made any changes what so ever :|
I found one more problem. The frame rate should now be constantly at 200. DSJ4 did not request high precision timing from the OS, and the frame rate was poor if no other program running on the background requested it either.

Here's one more test version before the official release:
http://www.mediamond.fi/dev/dsj4v162-rc1.exe

I would also like to get feedback if the mouse input during the jump works now better / same / worse than earlier. It should be more precise, but more experienced players (than me) should confirm it.
It's a bit better if you keep the VSync turned off in DSJ4 Setup.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

I would also like to get feedback if the mouse input during the jump works now better / same / worse than earlier. It should be more precise, but more experienced players (than me) should confirm it.
It's a bit better if you keep the VSync turned off in DSJ4 Setup.

I can tell you so after download version T2 to my computer ,I could not make any one good take off. I mean , i used to this time DPI 6750 and Sens on game i had 0.15 . I played with this settings about two years , and now i have to use with this same sens on game (0.15) my DPI 3500/3600 .DPI is more going down. I think game setings i mean CFG with sensitivity in T2 version is different than it was in previous versions.That's my note :)

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

SoBo wrote:I can tell you so after download version T2 to my computer ,I could not make any one good take off. I mean , i used to this time DPI 6750 and Sens on game i had 0.15 . I played with this settings about two years , and now i have to use with this same sens on game (0.15) my DPI 3500/3600 .DPI is more going down. I think game setings i mean CFG with sensitivity in T2 version is different than it was in previous versions.That's my note :)
Mouse input in T2 should be the same as before when VSync is turned off. I made some adjustments only to the latest version (RC1). So, I'm interested how the mouse input in DSJ4 v1.6.2 RC1 compares to DSJ4 v1.6.1.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Mouse input in T2 should be the same as before when VSync is turned off. I made some adjustments only to the latest version (RC1). So, I'm interested how the mouse input in DSJ4 v1.6.2 RC1 compares to DSJ4 v1.6.1.[/quote]

Like I said before. I tested in WIN 10 new version DSJ 4 T2 , RC1 , and 1.6.1. In my opinion when I use v1.6.1 i have still lags , drop FPS but my mouse sensitivity is Still 6750DPI ,then on vT2 , lags
disappeared , game is working fluenty , but mouse sensitivity is going down from 6750DPI to about 3500DPI/3600DPI , in RC1 is very similarly , i can't find too much difference. The only thing I can suggest , control the mouse in the game in "T2 , and RC1 version" is worse then v1.6.1. :( I mean we have a small "imput lag" by which control is slightly difficult , what causes lag after take off and the end of the fun in DSJ 4 :D I writes about it not that the sudden , i started to play worse in DSJ 4 , but because i know this game really good and i can give you my opinion. In my opinion u must make quickly decision about the future DSJ 4 , and make "just one version DSJ 4" for a everyone , because the Windows 7 , 8, 8.1 members can download version v1.6.1. and play for the best optimized version :lol: and members Windows 10 be worse off :? Of course, the decision is yours , but think of one version for everyone , and then maybe other players when will use new Version for example RC1 ,give you their opinions.........

BTW :D You are a Programmer , and you know well , so if you on V-Sync "Vertical Sync" , you will have always "input lag" on mouse :o

Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

up
+1
Same.