Laggs

Bugs in DSJ4.
SoBo

Laggs

Post by SoBo »

Hi Jussi.I had a little break from the DSJ 4 , during which time there were a few updates Windows 10 , and GeForce updates , and now i can't play on DSJ 4 without lags. I mean lagging and i have no control mouse in game it's mean i have but with delayed .
I've tried many options and nothing helps. Even when I change camera angles all these struggles , no liquidity. I do not know what I'm looking in the right direction , but for me DSJ on Windows 10 is openieng in window border without the possibility of. Can u check it on u'r computer? The second idea , i have a monitor 144hz and tell me is it possible so monitor can make this lags?Try give me a few ideas what i can do do lest play normally
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Rajmek1233

Re: Laggs

Post by Rajmek1233 »

I have the same laggs on a new computer.
Win 10
gtx960m
i7-6700hq
ssd256gb
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I have tested DSJ4 on two Windows 10 computers with the latest NVIDIA drivers and everything worked as expected.
-There should be no window border for DSJ4 unless you are somehow overriding the default settings.
-Mouse lag could be caused by NVIDIA settings (e.g. if you are overriding the triple buffering / number of pre-rendered frames settings).
-DSJ4 caps the framerate to max 200 FPS. 144 Hz monitor should not be a problem but I haven't tested it myself.

If other players are experiencing new lag problems after driver updates etc, please report it along with you system configuration.
lenc

Post by lenc »

Previously I've usually had about 120-130 frames per second when jumping but now I only have 45-50 FPS. The GPU is utilised about 15% at the lowest clock speeds and the CPU at about 20%. In the menus the FPS is about 250-330.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7-4790
Nvidia GTX 970
12GB RAM
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Do you know if there was a specific Windows / NVIDIA update that dropped the frame rate?
Is there any difference in the framerate if you turn off the flag animations in Settings?
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Do you know if there was a specific Windows / NVIDIA update that dropped the frame rate?
Is there any difference in the framerate if you turn off the flag animations in Settings?

I checked DSJ 4 the new Windows 8.1 , and everything worked perfect on my computer. After that i update my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and is the same problem with lags. I know so game is opening in borderlesswindow and hier is a problem.U cant see how opening game because is look like ok , but when u clik windows on u'r keyboard the game is just "cover" screen , as an overlay is not fullscren...

lenc

Post by lenc »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Do you know if there was a specific Windows / NVIDIA update that dropped the frame rate?
I can't really tell what specific update it was since the last time I played it before this week was many months ago.

When I turn off the flag animation the framerate goes from 50 to about 70 FPS. Still nowhere near the usual.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

One thing that comes to mind is that Windows 10 could be throttling CPU incorrectly down for DSJ4. This happened if I switched to "Power saver" power plan.
So, if you are currently on "Power saver" plan try changing to "High performance" or "Balanced" plan.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:One thing that comes to mind is that Windows 10 could be throttling CPU incorrectly down for DSJ4. This happened if I switched to "Power saver" power plan.
So, if you are currently on "Power saver" plan try changing to "High performance" or "Balanced" plan.

Hi.I check ur idea with "Power saver" and you're right . If i have standard power setings i have a less lag then i change to "High performance" or "Balanced". You know already about what I mean lag :wink: Now, when i use u'r setings is more worse. I do not know much about this but I know that the game only "cover" desktop , and I think so from here is the problem. Note that when you run DSJ, and you running programs as just example "Uplay", and a'm play in DSJ4 , in right corner i have "when someone change status with ofline to online, or join to game" at "Uplay" information from Uplay , which previously was not, because the game was runnig in full screen.I do not expect you repaired DSJ 4 , I mean only for information as i can fix it :wink:

lenc

Post by lenc »

Jussi Koskela wrote:One thing that comes to mind is that Windows 10 could be throttling CPU incorrectly down for DSJ4. This happened if I switched to "Power saver" power plan.
Changing to "High performance" has no effect for me. Still 50 FPS.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

I have also a problem on my new laptop, probably connected with Windows 10. As approach to the take-off, I have some micro freezes, which are interrupting signifacantly when I want to get a perfect timing. It also continues, when I change the screen resolution from 1920x1080 to lower.
My computer's specification:
Intel Core i5 5200u (2,2 GHz- 2,7 GHz)
8 gb ram
AMD Radeon Graphics R9 M375 + Intel HD Graphcs 5500 (I've also noticed that in the setup the game automatically chooses intergrated graphics card instead of stronger dedicated device)
SSD HDD hard drive 1TB + 8GB
EDIT: The problem is also visible on my PC Computer also with Win 10, but with Nvdia Graphics.
Can anybody help?
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Today I update my win 10 and graphics drivers and laggs are huuugee.
Can jump normally only in lowest settings without trees,snow,buildings,etc.

gtx 960m
i7 6700hq
win 10 64bit
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I still have no idea what could be causing the problem on some computers.

To those with the problem:
  1. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Pro?
  2. Are you using default or custom NVIDIA/ATI 3D settings (Vsync etc)?
  3. Is the framerate constantly low or are there randomly dropped frames?
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

1.Win 10 pro
2.On default settings NVIDA in DSJ4 setup you can't see graphics card. In custom settings I must change graphics adapter to DSJSetup
3.Constantly low
lenc

Post by lenc »

OK, it seems that this problem might be CPU related rather than the graphics card / drivers. I tried playing DSJ4 today while my computer was also busy encoding a video file. The encoding application was running in low priority so it should not interfere with the game, but when I ran DSJ4 the framerate was really low at about 22-23 FPS. The CPU usage was 100% because of the video encoding but it seems like the game wasn't even trying to use more of the CPU, even tough it was a higher priority application. I have captured a video of this with the Afterburner OSD displaying the GPU and CPU loads:

After the video encoding was finished I tried to play DSJ again. It seems that the CPU load jumps to 100% during and just after loading the hill. It seems that the game then decides that the framerate of that moment (44-45 FPS) is what it should be running at and when the CPU load falls down, the game doesn't even try to increase the framerate:

Maybe Jussi can offer some info about it. Is this something where the problem might be at or am I just rambling nonsense here?