World Record in Planica

Bugs in DSJ4.
helGn

World Record in Planica

Post by helGn »

I saw there were a new world record in Planica and i was eager to watch the jump, but when the jumper got close to takeoff i got an error saying this version was not compatible with my DSJ, so i thought, AWESOME a new patch... but there is no new patch?
TPo

Re: World Record in Planica

Post by TPo »

helGn wrote:I saw there were a new world record in Planica and i was eager to watch the jump, but when the jumper got close to takeoff i got an error saying this version was not compatible with my DSJ, so i thought, AWESOME a new patch... but there is no new patch?
It means there was hacking involved with the jump, or the replay is otherwise corrupted.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
helGn

Post by helGn »

TPo wrote:
helGn wrote:I saw there were a new world record in Planica and i was eager to watch the jump, but when the jumper got close to takeoff i got an error saying this version was not compatible with my DSJ, so i thought, AWESOME a new patch... but there is no new patch?
It means there was hacking involved with the jump, or the replay is otherwise corrupted.
bummer :/
Aerotal

Post by Aerotal »

If thats true Alexander Lössel loses all his records and get banned?
TPo

Post by TPo »

Aerotal wrote:If thats true Alexander Lössel loses all his records and get banned?
Don't know. Its jumped in 1.0.0, but theres no reason why it would crash because of that... At least this record will be removed, unless he has an uncorrupted replay to show us.

EDIT: Tested and it doesn't work in 1.0.0 either.
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
HP Lössel

Post by HP Lössel »

Just came home from work and my brother showed me his new record in Planica on his PC.
Very nice jump, top wind ... but then i tried to watch the jump on my PC and it told me, that this replay isn't compatible with this version.
But its interesting, that all his other replays work well.
Must be a bug or something.

Now he is very sad, because he practiced two days on this hill and now the people think he is a cheater and rail against him.
He often plays online and there he jumps well too and a lot of people know him (he is the one with the beer :lol: )

Perhaps Jussi could take a look on the replay, because i don't want to experience the same problems with my upcoming WR's :twisted:
Krzysztof Niechcial

Post by Krzysztof Niechcial »

HP Lössel wrote: He often plays online and there he jumps well too and a lot of people know him
He is well online player too ? Are you sure that we are talking about Alex ?
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

HP Lössel wrote:Just came home from work and my brother showed me his new record in Planica on his PC.
Very nice jump, top wind ... but then i tried to watch the jump on my PC and it told me, that this replay isn't compatible with this version.

Now he is very sad, because he practiced two days on this hill and now the people think he is a cheater and rail against him.
He often plays online and there he jumps well too and a lot of people know him (he is the one with the beer :lol: )

Perhaps Jussi could take a look on the replay, because i don't want to experience the same problems with my upcoming WR's :twisted:

Have you tried to copy the actual replay-file to your computer and watch it?
That's gotta hurt.
Alexander Lössel

Post by Alexander Lössel »

Ok, the video can be found at:

http://youtu.be/uhfCfvqlHJY

It's my first video on Youtube, tell me if you could see it, or do i have an incompatible Youtube version?

Waiting for gratulations :shock:
HP Lössel

Post by HP Lössel »

Zmaster wrote:
HP Lössel wrote:Just came home from work and my brother showed me his new record in Planica on his PC.

Have you tried to copy the actual replay-file to your computer and watch it?
Yes, i have copied the File via LAN and it didn't work. Only a few seconds.... but why the hell does it work at my brothers PC?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The check sum test fails also on his Lillehammer hill record.
If I just let the replays run to the end the length of the jump in Planica is 238,37 meters and in Lillehammer 147,28 meters (+crash), so the difference is not big. This could happen due to hardware or software bug or because of hack, but it's impossible to know better at this point. Whatever the reason for this deviation is I will have to disqualify these two jumps because the circumstances have been different.

Has anyone else experienced problems with replay incompatibility? And do other players' replays always work on Alexander's computer?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The wind behaves exactly the same way in the forced-to-run replay and in the YouTube video.
TPo

Post by TPo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:The wind behaves exactly the same way in the forced-to-run replay and in the YouTube video.
Could it be that Alexanders Lille and Planica hills are corrupted?
--
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

TPo wrote: Could it be that Alexanders Lille and Planica hills are corrupted?
Not really. All the files are check-summed.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SmMFFr-8A

Is that close enough? Figured I should be able to jump close to that with a proper wind! :)

Just to state that its really not that useful so far if AL jump had been slowed down... It's quite possible without stuff also.
That's gotta hurt.