Bugs in the DSJ 4 v1.0.0 - Post your bugs here

Bugs in DSJ4.
tikozan

Re: Bugs in the DSJ 4 v1.0.0 - Post your bugs here

Post by tikozan »

Little problem, since I've the full version.
Some times when I have finished and exit the game, it goes to a black screen and I must restart the PC.
In the demo I hadn't this problem.
Mario Kickmayer 2

Post by Mario Kickmayer 2 »

I don´t know if anyone else posted this too, but sometimes when i do a good jump i save the reply. And when i yous signs like > or # the game has problems when i exit. When i try to start it new there is also a failure messege (similar like with polish names).
My idea:
- don`t allow to save replays which includes such signs
- allow all signs for the games (also the polish ones)

Its very frustrating, because i just can start the game again when i delete this replays (its also impossible to rename the file in the documents folder and start again like its workung with polish letters)
TPo

Post by TPo »

Mario Kickmayer 2 wrote:I don´t know if anyone else posted this too, but sometimes when i do a good jump i save the reply. And when i yous signs like > or # the game has problems when i exit. When i try to start it new there is also a failure messege (similar like with polish names).
My idea:

Its very frustrating, because i just can start the game again when i delete this replays (its also impossible to rename the file in the documents folder and start again like its workung with polish letters)
Download v1.0.1 :wink:
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Mario Kickmayer 2 wrote:I don´t know if anyone else posted this too, but sometimes when i do a good jump i save the reply. And when i yous signs like > or # the game has problems when i exit. When i try to start it new there is also a failure messege (similar like with polish names).
My idea:

V1.0.1 won't have affect on that. What Windows version are you using? And what's the exact error message?
Mario Kickmayer 2

Post by Mario Kickmayer 2 »

I use Windows 7
I haven`t DSJ installed on my working computer so i am not able to check.

When i exit the game there is a failure message and the hill records can`t be uploaded. A newstart of the game is also not possible without deleting the replay files.
The messege is (i am 99% sure) the same like when i start the game after pasting a polish replay into the folder.
Lord_Chrupek

Post by Lord_Chrupek »

[minor]
Ive never noticed such bug in any other game, or application, so i post it as a bug:

Game crashes each time, when i plug in/out usb sound card, while DSJ running. Quick BSOD, and almost immediate restart. Using win7, dsj4 demo version.
Noticed, that couple time, game didnt crash, but there were no sound (my system automatically switch for usb sound device, as a default if plugged, so its weird that only one app doesnt follow that rule is dsj4).
19Weiler95

Post by 19Weiler95 »

I dont know wheter this topic was discussed any time but a few days ago in Online Tournament i jumped ca. 143m in Kuusamo and fell. But in the result list there was only a line where the 143m should stand and i was last and out of the competition.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Good thing is that there is no such a big problems or many bugs,nice work ,i think hills took only 1 month for Jussi to do it,other stuffs takes much more,i think its maybe not a place but im impressed now :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

19Weiler95 wrote:I dont know wheter this topic was discussed any time but a few days ago in Online Tournament i jumped ca. 143m in Kuusamo and fell. But in the result list there was only a line where the 143m should stand and i was last and out of the competition.
Sounds like your connection was lagging and your result arrived too late.
mikulasturan

Post by mikulasturan »

I jumped 2 jumps with Severin Freund but :D

Spendon

Post by Spendon »

I do not know if this has been reported to you earlier, but I am giving it a go.

The style marks given to this jump are buggy. Some of the marks are above the maximum 13 points you can get for fall, others arent.
Jumped from gate 50 in Planica, Training mode, 2.0 ms wind 180°. Fall at 271,29 meters.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Spendon wrote:Image

I do not know if this has been reported to you earlier, but I am giving it a go.

The style marks given to this jump are buggy. Some of the marks are above the maximum 13 points you can get for fall, others arent.
Jumped from gate 50 in Planica, Training mode, 2.0 ms wind 180°. Fall at 271,29 meters.
Some judges didn't see if you fell before the fall line. They are only human. ;)
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Spendon wrote:Image

I think that's not a bug but nice feature :D