Bugs in the Beta-1 - Post your bugs here

Bugs in DSJ4.
Severin

Bugs in the Beta-1 - Post your bugs here

Post by Severin »

Hi there, I thought we could just collect the bugs here instead of everyone opening a new topic as soon as he finds one and as it's a beta these would be bound to happen.

I currently just have one:

My jumper gets invisible during the takeoff, all of the jumps (also in replays)

Screen: http://i52.tinypic.com/2qszdqf.jpg

Ok with the screen I just noticed, that he gets half white and half invisible... And if you pause the replay at the table on F1 the white parts of the jumper move, so it kinda looks as if he's got worms inside :D on the other perspectives as F3 or F2 there's no moving

Hardware:
Windows XP Professional @ Service Pack 2
Intel Core2Duo T8300 , 2,4 ghz
2gb Ram
Intel 965 Chipset Onboard Graphics Accelerator

PS: Jussi, can you make a sticky out of this, so that everyone will use it? I think the forum will stay more clean that way...
Last edited by Severin on 22 Jan 2011, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

The same issue is present on Intel GMA x4500MHD, so the conclusion is simple - Intel's graphic cards are really crappy. :D Fortunately, my notebook has two graphic cards and on GeForce G210M everything's alright.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Intel makes graphic cards? Since when?!? :lol:

Severin, have you un-checked "Predator mode" under settings? :wink: :P

Only bug I've experienced so far is something I'm experiencing with other indie games these days as well (like Worms:Reloaded or Archon Classic): It can happen that the game screen and my Windows main screen permanently switch back and forth. I can only "fix" this bug by rapidly clicking the mouse button with the pointer on the DSJ windows in the taskbar. After several mouse-clicks, the game screen will finally be there as it's supposed to. There was a workaround for Worms:Reloaded, to start the game without that ... hmmm ... Desktop thingie in Vista. I believe, the 4th item in the list under "compatibility" of the link properties for the DSJ4.exe. I'll try this and see if that bug comes up again.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Keberis

Post by Keberis »

That's not something really important but when I quit it forgets my hill choices and I have to select them again.
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Hi,

at times i have "speed-ups", all of a sudden, when the jumper is for example in the inrun, the game becomes speedier, making the jumper incontrollable.
It happens every 3 or 4 jumpers.
Nik0-91

Post by Nik0-91 »

Game don't remember you'r selected hills when you start the game. It's bit annoying.
I registered game but I can't jump with more than two ski jumpers and game still says I'm using demo version. :? I can send records though.
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

Nik0-91 wrote:I registered game but I can't jump with more than two ski jumpers and game still says I'm using demo version. :? I can send records though.
Really? Then it makes no sense to buy it now...
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Nik0-91 wrote:Game don't remember you'r selected hills when you start the game. It's bit annoying.
I registered game but I can't jump with more than two ski jumpers and game still says I'm using demo version. :? I can send records though.
That's not a bug. The registration instructions are a bit irritating, I've experienced this myself. The instructions tell you to register your player with the code. However, this is only in regards to uploading your records to mediamond.fi. You still need to unlock the game itself unter "Buy the game" (or what the menu option is called). After that, you will have Team Cup and Online play available.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Sc0fieldek

Post by Sc0fieldek »

I don't know it's bug or what, but i can normally play like 1-2 minutes and the game start freezing very hard... Menu doesn't freezing, only game...

My laptop:
Inter Core 2 Duo T5800 2GHz
RadeonHD 3470
2GB RAM
Skyflyer

Post by Skyflyer »

I also have the same problem as Sc0fieldek - when I play 10 minutes, about 3 minutes of this time is freezing game with low FPS.

My laptop:
Intel Core i7 CPU 1.73GHz with Turbo Boost
Windows 7 x64
nVidia GeForce GT 330M
6GB RAM
JOIN THE BEST DSJ3 TOURNAMENT!
http://www.dsj3.net/index.php?lang=en
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

laptops are overall not that good for games. They are just build a bit differently and normal laptops (not special ones for games) just have a bit of trouble handling any games. I experianced that and many many people experienced that also.
Severin

Post by Severin »

EyTschej wrote: Severin, have you un-checked "Predator mode" under settings? :wink: :P
Am I too dumb to find it or was it a joke ;)
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Severin wrote:
EyTschej wrote: Severin, have you un-checked "Predator mode" under settings? :wink: :P
Am I too dumb to find it or was it a joke ;)
Isn't "Predator mode" self-explanatory? :lol: Of course it's a joke :wink:
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Hans Gunnar

Post by Hans Gunnar »

Not really bugs, but I have 2 small suggestions:

- Adjust scale for mouse sensitivity (as we spoke about yesterday, Jussi)
- In the upper right corner of the result screens (on the line that says Qualification etc.) it would be nice if it could always show "2/4 Hills" to let you know which hill number you're at in a world cup (currently it's displayed on the points screen but ppl click "ready" so fast there I often forget to check how many hills are left). Guess it's a pretty small thing to add. :)
Hans Gunnar

Post by Hans Gunnar »

Thought of one more suggestion:

- Make it possible to play in Windowed-mode