Changelog DSJ4 v1.10.0 -> DSJ4 v1.10.1

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changelog DSJ4 v1.10.0 -> DSJ4 v1.10.1

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bugs fixed
  • Changing the name of the player crashed the game if the player account was used in a saved world cup / team cup game
  • Flickering due to z-fighting when using F4 camera (This problem was visible especially in Sapporo HS134 in summer mode)
  • Z-bias problem in stadium light pole
Wolf

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.10.0 -> DSJ4 v1.10.1

Post by Wolf »

In just over a month, 11 years will have passed since the release of the DSJ4. This is a very long time period. During this time, the game has been updated; initially quite often, and less and less with the passing years. The current update brings almost nothing .... After 11 years, we should enjoy not the DSJ5 version, but at least the DSJ6! Each self-respecting author cares about his clients, reads and analyzes their comments and requests on an ongoing basis. In the case of DSJ, unfortunately, we do not have anything like that .... A lot has changed in skijumping over these 11 years, such as; competition rules, rules of the competition, equipment - the cut of the suits, the appearance of the jumps and their surroundings, etc., etc. For these reasons I have not played in DSJ for several years. I was hoping that we would finally have a new version after so long, and I feel very disappointed. I don't understand how such great potential of the best ski jumping game can be squandered. Currently, DSJ is no longer the best ski jumping game - it was overtaken by such titles as "K-Point Ski Jumping" and the currently best ski jumping game "Fine Ski Jumping". That's why I'm not going to keep asking the game developer to release another version - I don't want to, that's his business. Anyway, I'm definitely saying goodbye to the DSJ series, because after 11 years, playing an "out-of-date" game is not fun.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The list above is a quick bug fix for the last major update. You can find the full list of changes here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8151
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

But I say so, it's true that there has been no update for a long time, so I downloaded the game myself, k-point ski jumping, and I was disappointed, it's a failure for my taste. The jumper accelerates abnormally, the graphics themselves are poor, there is a new load for each jump, it doesn't run smoothly, the jumper is too wooden, I stay true to DSJ4 and I believe Jussi will improve the jumper and be top notch.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 18:42 The list above is a quick bug fix for the last major update. You can find the full list of changes here:

This seemingly "long" list of changes, or rather corrections, actually does not bring anything concrete. These are not changes, only fixes and the ability to create / edit hills. This should have been done a few years ago. Now we should play the DSJ6 adapted to the current ski jumping, not the archaic from 11 years ago. Such "patches" are just an unnecessary prolongation of the agony of the game and a waste of time.
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

Wolf wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 03:43
Jussi Koskela wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 18:42 The list above is a quick bug fix for the last major update. You can find the full list of changes here:

This seemingly "long" list of changes, or rather corrections, actually does not bring anything concrete. These are not changes, only fixes and the ability to create / edit hills. This should have been done a few years ago. Now we should play the DSJ6 adapted to the current ski jumping, not the archaic from 11 years ago. Such "patches" are just an unnecessary prolongation of the agony of the game and a waste of time.
lmao
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Wolf wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 03:43

Nobody's forcing you to play the game man. I personally think this is awesome that DSJ4 is being worked on and many new hills added. This game stood the test of time and is much better than lot of today's games.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Wolf wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 18:38 In just over a month, 11 years will have passed since the release of the DSJ4. This is a very long time period. During this time, the game has been updated; initially quite often, and less and less with the passing years. The current update brings almost nothing .... After 11 years, we should enjoy not the DSJ5 version, but at least the DSJ6! Each self-respecting author cares about his clients, reads and analyzes their comments and requests on an ongoing basis. In the case of DSJ, unfortunately, we do not have anything like that .... A lot has changed in skijumping over these 11 years, such as; competition rules, rules of the competition, equipment - the cut of the suits, the appearance of the jumps and their surroundings, etc., etc. For these reasons I have not played in DSJ for several years. I was hoping that we would finally have a new version after so long, and I feel very disappointed. I don't understand how such great potential of the best ski jumping game can be squandered. Currently, DSJ is no longer the best ski jumping game - it was overtaken by such titles as "K-Point Ski Jumping" and the currently best ski jumping game "Fine Ski Jumping". That's why I'm not going to keep asking the game developer to release another version - I don't want to, that's his business. Anyway, I'm definitely saying goodbye to the DSJ series, because after 11 years, playing an "out-of-date" game is not fun.
Then don't play the game. Noboy cares what you do.This is not an airport. No need to announce your departure.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Last edited by Wolf on 25 Dec 2021, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

akkarbelling wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 02:20
Wolf wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 18:38 In just over a month, 11 years will have passed since the release of the DSJ4. This is a very long time period. During this time, the game has been updated; initially quite often, and less and less with the passing years. The current update brings almost nothing .... After 11 years, we should enjoy not the DSJ5 version, but at least the DSJ6! Each self-respecting author cares about his clients, reads and analyzes their comments and requests on an ongoing basis. In the case of DSJ, unfortunately, we do not have anything like that .... A lot has changed in skijumping over these 11 years, such as; competition rules, rules of the competition, equipment - the cut of the suits, the appearance of the jumps and their surroundings, etc., etc. For these reasons I have not played in DSJ for several years. I was hoping that we would finally have a new version after so long, and I feel very disappointed. I don't understand how such great potential of the best ski jumping game can be squandered. Currently, DSJ is no longer the best ski jumping game - it was overtaken by such titles as "K-Point Ski Jumping" and the currently best ski jumping game "Fine Ski Jumping". That's why I'm not going to keep asking the game developer to release another version - I don't want to, that's his business. Anyway, I'm definitely saying goodbye to the DSJ series, because after 11 years, playing an "out-of-date" game is not fun.
Then don't play the game. Noboy cares what you do.This is not an airport. No need to announce your departure.
I didn't write this to you or the previous speaker, but to the author. So be so good and don't interfere - your train is long gone so goodbye.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Sadly there will be still some people who will complain and complain. We should respect Jussi's decision about the way of DSJ development he chose and let him work.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen