Changelog DSJ4 v1.9.0 -> DSJ4 v1.10.0

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changelog DSJ4 v1.9.0 -> DSJ4 v1.10.0

Post by Jussi Koskela »

General improvements
  • 24 remastered original hills with custom landing hill lines, distance markers, banners, side fences, etc.
    (Special thanks for the DSJ fans who reworked the hills! 8) )
  • Third party hills menu (download / update / delete / view third party hills)
  • Search filter for hills, replays, ski jumpers, teams, hill records and stats
  • Easy way to see which hills have CPU player / global hill records support (small icons next to name of the hill)
  • Possibility for hill modellers to update the looks of their ranked 3rd party hills (global hill records won't be affected)
  • Configurable number of prequalified entrants in World Cup (0 / 10 / 15)
  • Added the flag of Kosovo and updated the flag of Mauritania
  • Updated HS value for 6 hills
  • Increased maximum camera distance from 500 meters to 750 meters
  • Visual improvements to terrain continuity next to landing hill (gap removed)
  • Improved rendering order to prevent other objects disappearing behind transparent objects
  • CPU player support for 20 additional third party hills (Download at: Main Menu -> Third Party Hills -> Download CPU Player Data)
Improvements to custom hill format
  • Option to define custom lines (spray / twigs / plastic)
  • Option to define custom banners
  • Option to define custom distance markers
  • Option to define custom grass areas
  • Support multiple labels on landing hill with custom color/size/positioning
  • Adjustable judge, audience, takeoff and start gate camera positions
  • Support same rendering types in 3d model batches as in pillars / railings
  • Adjustable height/profiles for stadium light poles
  • Option to define exact h and n coordinates for P and L points instead of l1/l2
  • Option to remove the landing hill ad fence (autodisabled if height <= 0.1)
  • Option to define the starting position (x0) of ad fence
  • Option to remove the default judge tower
  • Optionally define <arc> with r attribute instead of x0, y0
  • All zbias values can now be entered as floating point value
  • Custom transformations for 3d-models in hills
  • More strict XML validation (e.g. defining attribute multiple times is not allowed any more)
  • Fixed bug in landing hill label positioning (some 3rd party hills might require small adjustment to label positions due to this)
Bugs fixed
  • Deleting a non-PB-replay complained incorrectly that the replay was required for verification of hill record
  • Replays / practice mode did not limit the time of day according to limits set in hill
  • Vertical alignment of Å, Ä, Ö and Ü letters was wrong hill font
  • Texture bug in light pole
  • Disappearing landing hill labels (certain angles / camera close to label)
  • Terrain penetrated the landing hill at the end of landing hill on some hills
  • Graphical bug on hills with exactly 20 meter long flat landing hill bottom part
  • Minor bug in XML parser
  • Checkbox was triggered on mouse button down instead of up
  • Bug in checkbox highlighting
Rajmek1233

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.9.0 -> DSJ4 v1.10.0

Post by Rajmek1233 »

It looks like a solid base for the next updates...
Custom judge tower?
premier

Post by premier »

Hi,
I think there s a bug, in the section for new hills to download there are 2 icons next to all the hills but not all of them have cpu and after downloading in the my downloaded hills section there is 1 icon, eg. Belarus K220 DSJ2 remake hill,

Thanks
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Rajmek1233 wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 23:08 It looks like a solid base for the next updates...
Custom judge tower?
+1 this could be great. Overall some more eye-candy things to make it even more real.

This update is great btw.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Custom judgetower is already possible - you can delete the default one. It just depends on the hillmaker if he/she wants to make it.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Dalibor1

Post by Dalibor1 »

Great job JUSSI!

I have a question regarding the hill in Oslo. Why can't CPU players play? This is one of the most important and playable hills.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

premier wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 23:32 I think there s a bug, in the section for new hills to download there are 2 icons next to all the hills but not all of them have cpu and after downloading in the my downloaded hills section there is 1 icon, eg. Belarus K220 DSJ2 remake hill,
Go to "3rd party hills" menu and click "Download CPU player data".

That must be clicked manually after downloading new hills. I could of course automate that.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Dalibor1 wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 03:20 Great job JUSSI!

I have a question regarding the hill in Oslo. Why can't CPU players play? This is one of the most important and playable hills.
Oslo HS134 is not yet included to DSJ4 Online. The CPU player data is collected from the online game and therefore not yet available.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

In my opinion this update is really cool, playability up, congratulations ! But i will not suave :wink: Why there are no orderly ones hills on WOT ? Where is the permanent blocking on chat ?
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Bartimozo

Post by Bartimozo »

Great update! If there will be next updates in future is it possible to include these improvements?
- wind factors (similar to prequalified jumpers system - we could choose to use it or use classic dsj4 system without factors)
- chance to have wind lottery during competition (this could be great improvement to world cup tournaments, because it would increase immersion, because in reality competitions with changing wind strength occur often) (maybe also include bar to choose chance for such a competition)
- possibility to choose jumpers which will participate in certain competitions (also immersion improvement, because in reality in almost every weekend we have a bit different jumpers)
- with wind factors maybe it's possible to include gate changing during competition
- this is probably impossible, but could be great to add possibility to jump with stronger wind (at least in trainings) or increase max. wind speed to 3-4 m/s (this could be curious with wind lottery)
Krystian1995

Post by Krystian1995 »

No conversion factor for wind and gate.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Hello Mr. Jussi. Today I took down the revamped Zakopane 140 and it happened exactly what I was asking about last time. Because Zakopane was supported by CPU players, but the one that has been updated with new banners is not supported, despite the click to download CPU players.
Please clarify?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

If you are talking about this Zakopane https://dsj24.pl/hills/3666 it's because it's a different profile, so different records, cpu, etc if verified. As for the other hills, the compatible variants will be only these which will have been verified by the committee and have no changes in profile.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Thank you very much for the answer, so, as I understand it, there can be two options, to continue playing on these hills or to have both versions, on the current one we will use for matches, on the restored ones we will train which would be too many double hills until they are checked and approved. Otherwise, congratulations on a good update and I hope there will be some more to update the jumper.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Yes, this is exactly the hill I was thinking, although I don’t understand why if you update the inscription and banners, I would change the profile of the hill.