DSJ4 v1.8.0 will be released on 19th of February, 2021.

Official announcements about new features etc.
he10th3r310

Re: DSJ4 v1.8.0 will be released on 19th of February, 2021.

Post by he10th3r310 »

Yes, and I really like how they remade DSJ2 and 3 hills. Pro work. Some hills are pure art. There is much talent and because Jussi does not have time to develop the game it's really nice that he finally decided to cooperate with those who can help. Maybe one day the community will make DSJ5. With a bigger team, it's possible to do in a decent amount of time. I could help too but unfortunately I don't have time either. This is the best update ever for DSJ4, even better than any of the old updates from 2014 or earlier. Just my opinion but I think many will agree.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

he10th3r310 wrote:Yes, and I really like how they remade DSJ2 and 3 hills. Pro work. Some hills are pure art. There is much talent and because Jussi does not have time to develop the game it's really nice that he finally decided to cooperate with those who can help. Maybe one day the community will make DSJ5. With a bigger team, it's possible to do in a decent amount of time. I could help too but unfortunately I don't have time either. This is the best update ever for DSJ4, even better than any of the old updates from 2014 or earlier. Just my opinion but I think many will agree.

I agree with you, each workre freshes the game and this is great for all of us ,but you play just Offline.Mariusz Pawel expressed his opinion about Online game, Jussi reply so he make update 1.8.0 for Online players.This will be the update, that does not change the online competition, and we talk about it all the time.Online competition it takes several years, and we are still competing for 24 hills, and now there is an opportunity for change, but too many people has something to say in my opinion, this one does not want to delete records online, another Offline, that one wants this, and another wants that.I already spoke that year talking witch Gorisek, that everything should be removed, can be saved on the site Mediamond.fi, but if you want create something new,you can't lean on the old one, you won't make everyone happy but creating in-game DSJ 4 Online room witch hills from DSJ2-3 is acceptable, will find it little interested, but creating WC 30 hill's Ranked, and then and then they come back to 24 10 years old hills is totally senseless.that's my opinion, but also fev another player's,unfortunately decision to remove it's too hard, and it probably is this force combinations like that.Well, from my information know so nothing will change Online "in competition".
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
iSeb

Post by iSeb »

SoBo wrote:
he10th3r310 wrote:Yes, and I really like how they remade DSJ2 and 3 hills. Pro work. Some hills are pure art. There is much talent and because Jussi does not have time to develop the game it's really nice that he finally decided to cooperate with those who can help. Maybe one day the community will make DSJ5. With a bigger team, it's possible to do in a decent amount of time. I could help too but unfortunately I don't have time either. This is the best update ever for DSJ4, even better than any of the old updates from 2014 or earlier. Just my opinion but I think many will agree.

I agree with you, each workre freshes the game and this is great for all of us ,but you play just Offline.Mariusz Pawel expressed his opinion about Online game, Jussi reply so he make update 1.8.0 for Online players.This will be the update, that does not change the online competition, and we talk about it all the time.Online competition it takes several years, and we are still competing for 24 hills, and now there is an opportunity for change, but too many people has something to say in my opinion, this one does not want to delete records online, another Offline, that one wants this, and another wants that.I already spoke that year talking witch Gorisek, that everything should be removed, can be saved on the site Mediamond.fi, but if you want create something new,you can't lean on the old one, you won't make everyone happy but creating in-game DSJ 4 Online room witch hills from DSJ2-3 is acceptable, will find it little interested, but creating WC 30 hill's Ranked, and then and then they come back to 24 10 years old hills is totally senseless.that's my opinion, but also fev another player's,unfortunately decision to remove it's too hard, and it probably is this force combinations like that.Well, from my information know so nothing will change Online "in competition".
Competitions on DSJ 2, DSJ3, Fictional, Retro hills wont be ranked
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

I would like to send you the message by "SoBo" - but this time in correct English, so that educated people could understand it:

"I have to agree with you. Every amount of work by no doubt refreshens the game. This is great for all of us but you need to know that you play just offline. Mariusz Pawel has just expressed his opinion about the online game. Jussi has replied that he is going to make an update to version 1.8.0 for online players. This will be the update that does not change the online competition and we are talking about it over and over again. We are still competing on 24 hills online. Now there is an opportunity for a change. However, too many people have their own opinion to express. Some people don’t want to delete the records online – the other don’t want to delete the offline records. Opinions are varied. I have already expressed my point of view but if you want to create something new - you can't depend on the „old” way it has been done. You won't make everyone satisfied but creating in-game DSJ 4 online room with hills from DSJ 2-3 is acceptable for me. There will be very little interest in it - if you ak me. I would like to pay your attention to the fact that adding new hills and "preserving" the „historical” ones (e.g. Planica H-215) makes no sense at all. Well, to my point of view nothing is going to change in case of online competitions."
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

If it is needed to delete records for game to develop, I can do it, records mean nothing to me anymore. Times change

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

he10th3r310 wrote:If it is needed to delete records for game to develop, I can do it, records mean nothing to me anymore. Times change

+1 :)
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Please everyone stay on topic. This is not about English grammar.
.slander.86

Post by .slander.86 »

Jussi, will you update HS on original hills?
In 1.8 version, of course :)
(...)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

.slander.86 wrote:Jussi, will you update HS on original hills?
In 1.8 version, of course :)
The HS values won't be changed in 1.8.0. I'll return to this after the release and check if it is feasible to update them.
All the significant changes are listed in my first posting.
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

There are already even updated hill versions of the 24 hills that have been updated in real life too since the launch of this game. The old records list should be archived like in DSJ3 and new hills chosen after some time of considering for the main list, which would be brand new then. Just wait for people to finish with all the real life hills that exist out there currently and then choose some amount of those (maybe 40 like in DSJ3?) for the main list. I don't know if there are some legal problems about that then which prevents it, because earlier it was necessary to have some permission from hill owners to create and publish it ingame as I remember.

maXu123

Re: DSJ4 v1.8.0 ukaże się 19 lutego 2021 roku.

Post by maXu123 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:DSJ4 v1.8.0 will be released on 19th of February, 2021.

Upcoming changes:
  • Online game support for 3rd party custom hills
  • Global hill record lists for 3rd party custom hills
See the announcement trailer created by the fans:

O której godzinie będzie nowa wersja Pozdrawiam.
maXu123

Post by maXu123 »

O której godzinie będzie nowa wersja Pozdrawiam.
kzr

Post by kzr »

maXu123 wrote:O której godzinie będzie nowa wersja Pozdrawiam.
In english, please
Marek Wawrzyniak

Post by Marek Wawrzyniak »

maXu123 wrote:O której godzinie będzie nowa wersja Pozdrawiam.

około 17/18
SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

I guess it's going to be released around 6pm CET, not so long until then...
Du måtte bare si det!