DSJ4 v1.8.0 will be released on 19th of February, 2021.

Official announcements about new features etc.
Mariusz Paweł

Re: DSJ4 v1.8.0 will be released on 19th of February, 2021.

Post by Mariusz Paweł »

he10th3r310 wrote:I know. Well I hope they do the best they can. Anyway for me custom hills update is the best thing ever in this game. I got bored of the old hills many years ago. Now I have been testing custom hills from time to time and I can say there are really nice ones, even in those hills that are not accepted on the main list. Of course there are ugly and stupid hills too with no gameplay value. But this is still good, everyone can show their skills now and get better. What I also hope is that dsj24.pl allowed some kind of comments section under each hill so users can describe their thoughs and feedback
Nice to hear u play sometimes to have fun - good luck and all the best from me.
GR,
Mariusz Paweł [POL]

TOP offline/online player :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Mariusz Paweł wrote:Can it be called an update? Maybe it is, but this update is only for offline players, and I thought that Jussi would increase online playability, unfortunately it will not be.
Hmm, did you read my first posting? This new update will add third party hills to the online game.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Lechoo wrote:Which custom hills will be the pre-selected ones for the online game? Do you have a list?
There will be multiple new non-stop servers which will host a large set of custom hills grouped by type. E.g. real / fictional / DSJ2 remakes / DSJ3 remakes, etc. For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen and they will be added gradually, so that everyone has enough time to practice them. We could also have votes on which custom hills should be added to weekly online tournaments. I will also add some new periodic theme tournaments.

The new online game system supports random hill selection. It means that it's possible to define a large set of possible hills and the number of hills that will be competed. It's also possible to define that some of the hills will always be included to the cup. This way we can have variety of hills in the tournaments without making the tournaments last longer.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen.
Does that include retro hills too?
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

Does it mean that on 19th February we will have additional 183 hills to play online - divided into 6 servers?

https://dsj24.pl/hills/search?name=&sor ... lse&page=1

CPU players for offline mode in 3 weeks from now on?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Xinitiao wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote: For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen.
Maybe retro hills should go into separate retro tournament? Hmm.. but some of the official hills are already retro, too... :lol:
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Lechoo wrote:Does it mean that on 19th February we will have additional 183 hills to play online - divided into 6 servers?

https://dsj24.pl/hills/search?name=&sor ... lse&page=1

CPU players for offline mode in 3 weeks from now on?
Something like that.

With regards the CPU players it may take a bit longer than earlier to gather enough statistics from the online game since there will be so many hills to jump.
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

I still did not find out whether jumps and replays will only be available for jumps done online or offline too for the custom hills?
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

he10th3r310 wrote:I still did not find out whether jumps and replays will only be available for jumps done online or offline too for the custom hills?
There will be both online and offline hill records list just like before.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Xinitiao wrote:
Maybe retro hills should go into separate retro tournament? Hmm.. but some of the official hills are already retro, too... :lol:
I think it's a very good idea :D As there is a Wednesday and Saturday weekly tournament, maybe one Retro and one Current? :)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
iSeb

Post by iSeb »

Jussi Koskela wrote:For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen and they will be added gradually, so that everyone has enough time to practice them.
How many hills will be added to the tournament in for example one week and over what time interval?
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

hills grouped by type. E.g. real / fictional / DSJ2 remakes / DSJ3 remakes, etc. For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen and they will be added gradually, so that everyone has enough time to practice them.

Seriously? Hills from DSJ2/DSJ3 in an online game DSJ4 ? What are you guided by? how will it look like ? I have DSJ 3, if I want to play in a different game will turn it on , of course decisions about what will happen what changes will be in new version 1.8.0, you consulted witch Gorisek, you did not give community queries great of you.I only know that you've implemented hills to online from older version DSJ many experienced and most loyal players will stop play DSJ online,including me.This is a joke, you don't have to listen me, listen commiunity.I respect that Gorisek team did, but remember make hills to game, is totaly different than developing the game, and unfortunately these hills from earlier DSJ versions plus tournaments separate record tabs and more these are the ideas of the Gorisek, and you know why he wrote it ? because within a few months of 2020 i talk witch them many times about future DSJ, and i know who is originator.Think about that, maybe ask commiunity, and try do something for them, not for Gorisek
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Maksuu

Post by Maksuu »

SoBo wrote:hills grouped by type. E.g. real / fictional / DSJ2 remakes / DSJ3 remakes, etc. For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen and they will be added gradually, so that everyone has enough time to practice them.

Seriously? Hills from DSJ2/DSJ3 in an online game DSJ4 ? What are you guided by? how will it look like ? I have DSJ 3, if I want to play in a different game will turn it on , of course decisions about what will happen what changes will be in new version 1.8.0, you consulted witch Gorisek, you did not give community queries great of you.I only know that you've implemented hills to online from older version DSJ many experienced and most loyal players will stop play DSJ online,including me.This is a joke, you don't have to listen me, listen commiunity.I respect that Gorisek team did, but remember make hills to game, is totaly different than developing the game, and unfortunately these hills from earlier DSJ versions plus tournaments separate record tabs and more these are the ideas of the Gorisek, and you know why he wrote it ? because within a few months of 2020 i talk witch them many times about future DSJ, and i know who is originator.Think about that, maybe ask commiunity, and try do something for them, not for Gorisek
Imo the things you've said may vary between the community.
For example: I like DSJ3 hills, but I'm not a huge fan of the DSJ3 gameplay (I prefer the more realistic approach of DSJ4).
Also, from what I've seen across multiple communities describing the reaction as "overwhelmingly positive" os the understatement of the year, and the Gorisek Bros (the group, not Vlado and Janez) told that they will be more than pleased to have the feedback from the community in the days following the update.
And the last thing to you, SoBo - please learn proper English, cause I can't understand most of your thoughts, seriously.
iSeb

Post by iSeb »

SoBo wrote:hills grouped by type. E.g. real / fictional / DSJ2 remakes / DSJ3 remakes, etc. For the weekly tournaments only non-fictional hills will be chosen and they will be added gradually, so that everyone has enough time to practice them.

I don't know a person except you who is against update 1.8.0 and doesn't want it.
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@SoBo

There is a simple solution for you in this situation. Quit and don't play. Nobody will cry ;)