Changelog DSJ4 v1.6.3 -> DSJ4 v1.7.0

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changelog DSJ4 v1.6.3 -> DSJ4 v1.7.0

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Improvements
  • Support for 3rd party custom hills
Visit DSJ4 Hills Database to download additional hills created by other players. The site contains also info how to create your own hills.
Przemek1986

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.6.3 -> DSJ4 v1.7.0

Post by Przemek1986 »

Dear Jussi and Gorisek Bros,

I would like to thank you very much for this game and for this update. I think that you have just beaten all the competition by releasing this update. I can say that DSJ4 is now a complete game. A perfect engine that has been unleashed and, as of today, is totally exposed to the creativity of the community. To me, this is easily a candidate for the best game of the year award.

Once more, thank you for listening to the game players and their suggestions. Thank you for this unexpected bomb that you dropped on us.
All our dreams have come true and if anyone starts complaining about DSJ4 now, then they are just being ungrateful and unreasonable.

Kiitos, Dziękuję, Grazie, Gracias, Merci, Danke!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!
KulickiB

Post by KulickiB »

Change:
10000 -> 20000 trees
Gorišek Bros.

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

KulickiB wrote:Change:
10000 -> 20000 trees
True, there are some changes that count as Support for 3rd party custom hills, e.g 20000 trees or ceramic track inruns. You might notice those changes when reading our documentation
GrebinsonCruzo

Post by GrebinsonCruzo »

I have a problem I don't have custom hills in-game
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

GrebinsonCruzo wrote:I have a problem I don't have custom hills in-game
You can download additional hills made by fans from DSJ4 Custom Hills Database at https://dsj24.pl/
Przemek1986

Post by Przemek1986 »

GrebinsonCruzo wrote:I have a problem I don't have custom hills in-game
You have to download them separately on the website of Gorisek bros.

1.Download and install the newest 1.7.0 version of DSJ4.
2.Run the game at least once and immediately quit it (this way you create Custom Hills folder in Documents\Deluxe Ski Jump 4 folder)
3.Copy the downloaded hill files to the Custom Hills folder in Documents/Deluxe Ski Jump 4 folder.
4. Run DJS4 game again.

Now it should work and the custom hills should be available.
KulickiB

Post by KulickiB »

So, let's play! :D
maticflyer

Post by maticflyer »

Dear Jussi, Gorisek Bros and everyone else who participated in the creation of the new version of Dsj4.

I am immensely grateful to you for the product.
I've been ski jumping all my life, even for recreation.
I’m telling you, you managed to realize the jump with a few physical things as well.

I express my praise to you and send you nice greetings from Slovenia.

Slovenian recreation Ski jumper.

Matic Šebenik
gtaman

Post by gtaman »

Is there any limit on size? Or can we make HS 5000 hills?
Maksuu

Post by Maksuu »

gtaman wrote:Is there any limit on size? Or can we make HS 5000 hills?
AFAIK the maximum HS value is 1000.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Big thanks for all who were involved with the idea for this new version, really cool. It seems there is lot of new jumpers in the online game despite the fact that there is no new hill there, which is awesome. Just imagine how many would be playing online with new hill or two there.

It has also made effect on old timers, like me...I went ahead and bought myself online sub (again despite the fact that there is no new stuff online).

So happy that this game is still alive :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
hyperlogic

Post by hyperlogic »

No we need Deluxe Ski Jump Personal Records following the example of Deluxe Ski Jump Online Tournaments Database (dsjtournaments.com)
pawelkoks

Post by pawelkoks »

I have just bought a 12 month online subscription as an appreciation of the job you've done so far. And also to give you some more motivation for adding support for the custom hills in the online mode. Well, wouldn't it be quite straightforward to implement actually?
In the simplest version, I believe you could just allow the players to create a new game within the lobby, where they would select the custom hills they have locally. Then the other players would get the list of hills they need (and you could calculate the hash or checksum, whatever, of every custom hill used for that particular game created in lobby (so for instance, "Vikersund 2009 - <checksum/hash>" - just give the users a message "In order to participate, you need to put these hills, and here goes the list of hill names together with the hash. If dsj24.pl had the same checksum listed for every hill (think of it just like of a commit hash in Git), you could then easily find and download the hills from there based on that hash. It's basically impossible to find two XML files that would give the same hash, so you're guaranteed that all the players have the same hills.
Obviously the ideal solution would be to just send the custom hill files to all the players the moment they join the online game.

I'm aware that you've been discussing the topic with Gorisek Bros but I'm not really sure what were the main difficulties to implement that. I guess you just want to figure out how much interest the new custom hills are going to earn, or maybe if there's an easy way to abuse the possibilities custom hills give?
pawelkoks

Post by pawelkoks »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Improvements
  • Support for 3rd party custom hills
And yeah, I hope I will have a chance to use my online subscription with custom hills some day :)