DSJ4 v1.7.0 will be released on 13th of November, 2020.

Official announcements about new features etc.
SoBo

Re: DSJ4 v1.7.0 will be released on 13th of November, 2020.

Post by SoBo »

@KulickiB : Could you understand fact Jussi probably didn't get licension for hills? First think you join to this forum "Joined: 17 Oct 2020, " one week ago ..... no idea about everything. He ask you or he ask Jussi ? Hmm, he ask him but you know everything and you can answer the question not directed at you Well done! The second think is this update fans are making for the fans and many ski hills will be no real ski hills, but they may be similar then what is the problem give "Online" players a fev new ski hills to competete ? This does not require any license, by voting players can decide on which ski hills they want to compete online and Jussi could be implemented to the official online version.There is only one question,"do you want to do it Jussi"? And please this forum users DON'T ANSWER MY QUESTION ! because I directed them to the owner and I would like to know his opinions on this, not yours ......... Thanks
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Milos

Post by Milos »

I just wanted to express my gratitude to Jussi for getting engaged in this project. To guys asking for further updates: sure, it would be cool if new hills became playable online and received CPU players, but we've already got what we had been waiting for for 7 years. Even more, actually. Not only do we get new hills, but also the ability create and share them. It's super nice of Jussi that despite moving on with his career he put in the effort necessary to accommodate new hills. Anything else is a bonus. And of course kudos to Gorisek Bros for making all this possible and giving our beloved game a second lease of life.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

DSJ is a game that won the hearts of players 20 years ago. Almost everyone played it, from children to older, serious people. The potential of the game was and still is huge. This is one of those games that can be called legendary. It's been 10 years since the last DSJ4 version was released. For the first few years only updates were released, and then only one big NOTHING. No self-respecting Creator squanders the potential that DSJ has, but unfortunately there are exceptions and that's the case, unfortunately. After 10 years, we only get the opportunity to make hills ourselves, and some of this work is only "commissioned" to a group of lovers. Is it supposed to be like this? A lot has changed in ski jumping in 10 years; scoring system, points added / deducted for wind, hill design and size, illuminated starting beam, suits cut, etc., etc. Is 10 years not enough to create a completely new edition of the DSJ5 game? Does this title deserve it? I am embarrassed and disappointed and I am not going to jump for joy like a silly ball, because there is nothing to be happy about - or rather there is something to cry over ... It's sad that the author is not developing the best ski jumping game ever released. There is nothing else to do but wait for someone to create a new, current game. For now, I recommend the game called "K-Point Ski Jumping".
BartiSkiJumper

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

Wolf wrote:DSJ is a game that won the hearts of players 20 years ago. Almost everyone played it, from children to older, serious people. The potential of the game was and still is huge. This is one of those games that can be called legendary. It's been 10 years since the last DSJ4 version was released. For the first few years only updates were released, and then only one big NOTHING. No self-respecting Creator squanders the potential that DSJ has, but unfortunately there are exceptions and that's the case, unfortunately. After 10 years, we only get the opportunity to make hills ourselves, and some of this work is only "commissioned" to a group of lovers. Is it supposed to be like this? A lot has changed in ski jumping in 10 years; scoring system, points added / deducted for wind, hill design and size, illuminated starting beam, suits cut, etc., etc. Is 10 years not enough to create a completely new edition of the DSJ5 game? Does this title deserve it? I am embarrassed and disappointed and I am not going to jump for joy like a silly ball, because there is nothing to be happy about - or rather there is something to cry over ... It's sad that the author is not developing the best ski jumping game ever released. There is nothing else to do but wait for someone to create a new, current game. For now, I recommend the game called "K-Point Ski Jumping".
That sounds like some low effort copypasta, imagine recommending K-Point Ski Jumping LOL
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
Robert-Ski-Jumping

Post by Robert-Ski-Jumping »

Wolf wrote:DSJ is a game that won the hearts of players 20 years ago. Almost everyone played it, from children to older, serious people. The potential of the game was and still is huge. This is one of those games that can be called legendary. It's been 10 years since the last DSJ4 version was released. For the first few years only updates were released, and then only one big NOTHING. No self-respecting Creator squanders the potential that DSJ has, but unfortunately there are exceptions and that's the case, unfortunately. After 10 years, we only get the opportunity to make hills ourselves, and some of this work is only "commissioned" to a group of lovers. Is it supposed to be like this? A lot has changed in ski jumping in 10 years; scoring system, points added / deducted for wind, hill design and size, illuminated starting beam, suits cut, etc., etc. Is 10 years not enough to create a completely new edition of the DSJ5 game? Does this title deserve it? I am embarrassed and disappointed and I am not going to jump for joy like a silly ball, because there is nothing to be happy about - or rather there is something to cry over ... It's sad that the author is not developing the best ski jumping game ever released. There is nothing else to do but wait for someone to create a new, current game. For now, I recommend the game called "K-Point Ski Jumping".
Of course that Deluxe Ski Jump 4 has the potential, but yet we will must enjoy with what we will have. Ok, without hiding I must admit that ski jumping suits are out of date. These suits add a little weight kg, but we will need to some wait to this update. The main thing is update DSJ with new ski jump hills or possibility adding these hills to game. I think that after DSJ 4 1.7.0 will be new versions (outside new hills), because Jussi and Gorisek Bros are couldn't waste phenomenon DSJ.
Xibit1132

Post by Xibit1132 »

We want + and - point for wind plssssss
http://zdrowo.info.pl/rower.html
Last edited by Xibit1132 on 23 Sep 2023, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Bartek55598

Post by Bartek55598 »

Will it be possible to play on MacOS? Or if not, are there any plans of creating version for MacOS?

Greets ;)
nanucha

Post by nanucha »

Bartek55598 wrote:Will it be possible to play on MacOS? Or if not, are there any plans of creating version for MacOS?

Greets ;)
I have the same question! :roll:
From that day (20.02.1994) I LOVE ski jumping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKuWuP ... =spoon03jp
Ivan1pl

Post by Ivan1pl »

Bartek55598 wrote:Will it be possible to play on MacOS? Or if not, are there any plans of creating version for MacOS?

Greets ;)
Idk how exactly this works on MacOS, but DSJ4 works perfectly fine on linux and it's pretty similar. If you're able to install wine on MacOS (which I'm pretty sure is possible) then the game should work.
nanucha

Post by nanucha »

Ivan1pl wrote:

Greets ;)
Idk how exactly this works on MacOS, but DSJ4 works perfectly fine on linux and it's pretty similar. If you're able to install wine on MacOS (which I'm pretty sure is possible) then the game should work.

So, is there someone who try this on Mac by Wine ?
From that day (20.02.1994) I LOVE ski jumping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKuWuP ... =spoon03jp
Ivan1pl

Post by Ivan1pl »

nanucha wrote:
Ivan1pl wrote:

Greets ;)

So, is there someone who try this on Mac by Wine ?
Here's the instructions for linux, apart from installing wine and winetricks it should be exactly the same on MacOS.
(apparently I'm not allowed to post links, so go to Technical Support subforum -> How-to: Playing DSJ4 on Linux with Wine
SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

Here's a showcase video for the two hills in Einsiedeln:

Two of the hills there will be playable in DSJ4, the K70 (HS77) and the K105 (HS117), the latter is the hill that is used in Summer Grand Prix every year since 2005 (except 2020).
Du måtte bare si det!
teppis

Post by teppis »

Einsiedeln hills look great, but the joy is suppressed. What will be their use? They will not be available online and there will be no CPU players in World Cup mode. You will only be able to jump on them in the training mode. Jussi, please think about the algorithm that allows you to play with CPU players on the new hills. Otherwise, the potential of the new version of the game will be completely wasted.
SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

teppis wrote:You will only be able to jump on them in the training mode.
Not "only" training mode, but also regular World Cup and regular Team Cup.
Du måtte bare si det!
teppis

Post by teppis »

@up

Yes, but in World Cup and Team Cup without CPU players. So you won't be able to play the whole season as a one jumper. That's a great pity.