DSJ4 v1.7.0 will be released on 13th of November, 2020.

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSJ4 v1.7.0 will be released on 13th of November, 2020.

Post by Jussi Koskela »

BartekDrozdowski_POL wrote: Tell us what about new hills in online and official records?
We have been discussing about this possibility, but those won't be available in the initial release. The number and variations of hills will increase dramatically, so it's not so straightforward to support these features.
BartekDrozdowski_POL

Post by BartekDrozdowski_POL »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
BartekDrozdowski_POL wrote: Tell us what about new hills in online and official records?
We have been discussing about this possibility, but those won't be available in the initial release. The number and variations of hills will increase dramatically, so it's not so straightforward to support these features.
Maybe you could add to online new real hills only created faithfully, only created by Gorisek Bros. (on trailer for example Oslo, Vikersund, ...)
2013 DSJ4 World Champion & former #1 World Rankings
https://www.mediamond.fi/dsj4/personalh ... sion=1.0.0
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

This update enjoy even websites about ski jumping and I think that too will promote this game in our country :) https://www.skijumping.pl/wiadomosci/28 ... ualizacja/ Only one thing worries me why is it only offline...We need some freshness online Jussi think about it :)
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
RZYMDZIO

Post by RZYMDZIO »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
We know that there will be a lot of variations of the same hills and finding a good hills may be hard. Maybe you can authorize some of good fanmade hills and if you get a licenses etc., you can add it as official hills, which will be counted for TL offline and we can play it online?
TOP #3 ONLINE (3521.95 m)
2 OFFICIAL WORLD RECORDS ONLINE
1 OFFICIAL WR OFFLINE
KulickiB

Post by KulickiB »

Hmm, but what will be after 1.7? Will be 1.8, 1.9 etc?
Piotr Wóltański <3

Post by Piotr Wóltański <3 »

jussi you could talk to Gorisek Bros about adding a player career to the DSJ4, for example. If not, at least make some realistic hills like Vikersund, Innsbruck, Oberstdorf HS137 (I know you can do your own, but it would have to be a tutorial to build your hills). Gorisek Bros and Jussi, I keep my fingers crossed for you that there will be a fun game and a new revolution. Do it plz
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@Gorišek Bros.

Which hills have you created so far?

First of all we need the hills from FIS Ski Jumping World Cup which are absent in the original game:

Vikersund HS-240
rebuilt Planica HS-240
rebuilt Bad Mitterndorf HS-235
rebuilt Oberstdorf HS-235

Oberstdorf HS-137
Innsbruck HS-130

Nizhny Tagil HS-134
Titsee-Neustadt HS-142
Rasnov HS-97
Oslo HS-134
Trondheim HS-138
Borthne_79

Post by Borthne_79 »

A good thing would have been a hill competition where the creativity took place.
Awards could have been about membership or something like that.
I can't wait for the release.
enigmovskyy

Post by enigmovskyy »

Lechoo wrote:@Gorišek Bros.

Which hills have you created so far?

First of all we need the hills from FIS Ski Jumping World Cup which are absent in the original game:

Vikersund HS-240
rebuilt Planica HS-240
rebuilt Bad Mitterndorf HS-235
rebuilt Oberstdorf HS-235

Oberstdorf HS-137
Innsbruck HS-130

Nizhny Tagil HS-134
Titsee-Neustadt HS-142
Rasnov HS-97
Oslo HS-134
Trondheim HS-138
on the trailer you can clearly see that some of the hills you have provided are made :)

I even have a list of these hills that I have identified but I won't spoil here :)
Piotr Wóltański <3

Post by Piotr Wóltański <3 »

@ Gorišek Bros.
Can't you do this premiere earlier because I'm really looking forward to it.
Unfortunately, I am an impatient person :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll:
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Wow... this is amazing. I never thought this could be possible. If someone told me that DSJ 4 is ever getting another update, let alone a hill editor, I would think they're absolutely crazy. This is nothing short of a miracle.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

oh yes! wonderful news :D I've been inactive here for about 6 years so it will be amazing to play DSJ again :)
BartekDrozdowski_POL

Post by BartekDrozdowski_POL »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
new hills only offline.. hmm looks great for non online players.. and pirate players who has the key found...

In my opinion MUST be new hills available online... for online players (real and faithfully reproduced hills)
New hills in online = attract old players who buy online sub = more new online players = more money...
Hello Jussi??? That's what you want! MORE MONEY to you and maybe you will continue game development...
2013 DSJ4 World Champion & former #1 World Rankings
https://www.mediamond.fi/dsj4/personalh ... sion=1.0.0
Przemek1986

Post by Przemek1986 »

Oh my God! I've just read the news about the update.

Ladies and gentlemen,
What we are seeing here is how Jussi and Gorisek Bros are in the process of annihilating ALL their competition in the ski jumping computer game world, irrevocably and for good.
I quit playing DSJ4 some 2 years ago because I wasn't inspired anymore and now, having read this announcement, I know that DSJ4 will be my game to go to EVERY EVENING starting in November, possibly for the rest of my life.

Over and out.
KulickiB

Post by KulickiB »

BartekDrozdowski_POL wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
new hills only offline.. hmm looks great for non online players.. and pirate players who has the key found...

In my opinion MUST be new hills available online... for online players (real and faithfully reproduced hills)
New hills in online = attract old players who buy online sub = more new online players = more money...
Hello Jussi??? That's what you want! MORE MONEY to you and maybe you will continue game development...
Could you understand fact Jussi probably didn't get licension for hills?