Deluxe Ski Jump Forum

The Official Deluxe Ski Jump Forum
It is currently 09 Aug 2020, 17:55

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 13:10 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2839
Location: Finland
I decided to close the non-English forums due to lack of moderation and increasing amount of inappropriate comments.
Please continue the discussion in English.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 13:25 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1583
Location: Gródek
If one of the reasons was lack of moderation, why don't you think about changing most of them? I mean Polish moderators.

_________________
good vibes...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 13:52 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1583
Location: Gródek
That's why Polish moderators must be changed. Actual aren't active, just look:

bulwa11
Last visited: 08 Jun 2015, 23:28

Kajek
Last visited: 29 Apr 2015, 01:01

Lipinski
Last visited: 22 Apr 2015, 20:43

Ralph K.
Last visited: 01 Dec 2014, 22:13

If we have a look for all 9 moderators, latest activity was by Ivelak in 23 Jul 2015, 10:10.

In last week, activity did by Polish users was incredibly big (too big), but by Polish moderators - absolute zero. It's kinda shocking.

_________________
good vibes...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 13:53 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2839
Location: Finland
Maciejo-96 wrote:
If one of the reasons was lack of moderation, why don't you think about changing most of them? I mean Polish moderators.

It's not that easy to find committed, neutral moderators who are appreciated among other players (and not taking part in the quarrels themselves).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 14:00 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1583
Location: Gródek
(I don't want to insult any Polish user!)

That's because of typical Polish mentality. There are only some Polish users who are cultural, calm and not quarrelsome.

_________________
good vibes...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 14:00 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2839
Location: Finland
Maciejo-96 wrote:
In last week, activity did by Polish users was incredibly big (too big), but by Polish moderators - absolute zero. It's kinda shocking.

They did a good (and big) job earlier but it must be very frustrating when the amount of inappropriate comments is this high, so I understand their lack of interest very well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 14:15 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1583
Location: Gródek
Jussi Koskela wrote:
it must be very frustrating when the amount of inappropriate comments is this high, so I understand their lack of interest very well.

But "intensive discussion" in Polish subforum wasn't the reason of lack of interest by Polish moderators. They weren't active in this time.

_________________
good vibes...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 14:20 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2839
Location: Finland
Maciejo-96 wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
it must be very frustrating when the amount of inappropriate comments is this high, so I understand their lack of interest very well.

But "intensive discussion" in Polish subforum wasn't the reason of lack of interest by Polish moderators. They weren't active in this time.

My comment was not only about the last days.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 14:23 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1583
Location: Gródek
I understand you, but you see situation last week: as I wrote you a moment ago, in Polish subforum was huge number of arguments and no reaction by mods, because they were still offline.

_________________
good vibes...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 17:41 
Offline

Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 13:05
Posts: 268
If we can't talk Polish about DSJ'4 future , then I'll ask you in English will the game get updated in the future , and can you find new Forum Admins?

_________________
PEAK : 1888

Online Total length 3512.26m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 19:23 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2839
Location: Finland
SoBo wrote:
If we can't talk Polish about DSJ'4 future , then I'll ask you in English will the game get updated in the future , and can you find new Forum Admins?

1. I don't have plans for updates. (Please put further offtopic questions under correct topic.)
2. Reopening the non-English forums could be possible if there are suitable volunteers to moderate the discussion. There has to be mutual understanding on who would be good moderators.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 22:50 
Offline

Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 19:04
Posts: 264
Location: Finland
The only foreign language forums I've followed are Finnish and German, and there is really zero activity in both. It seems fair to close them. Polish subforum is quite active though (I don't know why but it feels to me that all games which are otherwise dead still have a huge Polish player/modding community :D). I wonder what they are talking about, is it really all DSJ related (because personally I can't think of anything new to say about this game)?

I guess, since this is after all the official forum of the company/person that makes and sells the game and not some fan/community forum, it could (and perhaps even should) be kept relatively clean and on-target. Which means that all the subforums it really needs are announcements/news, game related questions, bug reports and tech support (it doesn't even need the ideas/change requests subforum as the game is not in active development). If there is a need for general chatting about the game or some loosely related conversation and community bonding, then that should ideally be on an inofficial forum (and I think there is already something like that in Polish?).

I don't know what's worse: no forum at all, or a mostly abandoned, poorly moderated forum with 90% of new posts made by bots. Actually, I wonder if the dead forum even slightly contributes to driving away potential customers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 22:55 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1583
Location: Gródek
MJumper wrote:
I wonder what they are talking about, is it really all DSJ related (because personally I can't think of anything new to say about this game)?

Incredibly off-topic, much arguing, trolling and joking. Some posts were provocative.

_________________
good vibes...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 23:02 
Offline

Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 19:04
Posts: 264
Location: Finland
Maciejo-96 wrote:
MJumper wrote:
I wonder what they are talking about, is it really all DSJ related (because personally I can't think of anything new to say about this game)?

Incredibly off-topic, much arguing, trolling and joking. Some posts were provocative.

Then I would support closing it as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2015, 11:07 
Offline

Joined: 02 Aug 2015, 00:44
Posts: 23
Something here is no yes...
I can't read end write after englisch. Polish forum was my "heaven", where i could be activated, talk about DSJ and Ski Jumping and shine wisdom. English is my "achilles heel", what you can see here. Please, give us polish forum, that is activated and community is developed.
washing powder is delicious but does not work as a furniture


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group