Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3177
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Location: Finland
Contact:

Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Improvements
  • Variable clouds
  • GUI adapted for widescreen resolutions
  • Support for anisotropic texture filtering (run setup.exe to adjust this)
  • High resolution trees
  • High resolution flags
  • High resolution mouse cursor
  • Improved sprite scaling
  • Limit the maximum brighness of snow
  • Moved the far clipping plane further to prevent horizon clipping
  • Smooth edges on trees
  • Finetuned lighting conditions
  • Less frequent rain 20% => 10%
  • Less frequent heavy fog 20% => 10%
  • Changed the time of competition to 9-21 (was 10-20)
  • Higher turbidity during the rain
  • Possibility for clearer sky in competitions
  • Smoother edges on the stadium spot lights
  • Dimmer stars
  • Fade stars out at the horizon
  • Less distractive texture lighting noise
  • Dimmer windows
  • Reduced ski jumper blinking in the inrun lights
  • Included national flags to the list of hills in the server info
  • Minor graphical improvements to Planica HS215
  • Removed moire effect in the windows of the buildings
  • Increased window texture size
  • Z-bias optimizations
  • Centered all end title texts
  • Better approximation if lights should be turned on
  • No more yellow sky during the night
Bugs fixed
  • Mouse moved many pixels at time on higher resolutions
  • Typos fixed in the Norwegian translation
  • Fixed graphical bugs in Lahti inrun pillars
  • Fixed a graphical bug in DSJ4 logo in the intro
  • Fixed a graphical bug in Oberstdorf lights
  • Fixed a graphical bug in Oberstdorf camera platform
  • Removed empty settings line in the server info
  • Removed "duplicate" player left message after being kicked out
  • Changed default fiew of fow for F1/F2/F11/F12 (was different for new players and ctrl-d)
  • Fixed a bug with resetting/saving F3 view at different parts of the hill
  • Fixed a bug in tree lighting (now the trees fit better to the environment)
  • Windows in the buildings faded out if they wer far away
  • Fixed a lighting bug in both Lillehammer hills
  • Stair lighting bug fixed (Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Oberstdorf, Willingen)
  • Error in CPU player's jump length rounding
  • Cursor left a trail at the bottom and right edges of the screen on higher resolutions
  • Bug in horizonal slider positioning (was not possible to choose the highest value on some resolutions)
  • Restore brightness/contrast/gamma settings when switching back to full screen
  • End title texts blinking at the bottom pixel row on high resolutions
  • Cursor visible in the end credits if pressing Esc quickly after quitting
Rajmek1233
Posts: 897
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 21:28

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:No more yellow sky during the night
Finally ;D
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3177
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Rajmek1233 wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:No more yellow sky during the night
Finally ;D
But it looked good on my 10+ year old CRT! I had to fix the sky after buying a good LCD monitor. :)
slawus777
Posts: 597
Joined: 12 Mar 2012, 21:32
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by slawus777 »

Jussi in 1.4.0 or 1.3.4 be will selections ski jumpers before q?
Martin Kafka
Posts: 506
Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 20:31
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Martin Kafka »

  • No more yellow sky during the night
I, for one, will miss those. There was something magical about it!
  • Cursor left a trail at the bottom and right edges of the screen on higher resolutions
Well done! No one else confirmed their presence when I asked Online so I thought I might be the only one with the issue, and I didn't even report it. I gradually developed an obsession of constantly erasing them with gentle cursor movements. Really glad I can finally get rid of this.
Zmaster
Moderator
Posts: 774
Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 11:20

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Zmaster »

Martin Kafka wrote:I thought I might be the only one with the issue, and I didn't even report it. I gradually developed an obsession of constantly erasing them with gentle cursor movements. Really glad I can finally get rid of this.
Oh god this!
Image
That's gotta hurt.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3177
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin Kafka wrote:
  • Cursor left a trail at the bottom and right edges of the screen on higher resolutions
Well done! No one else confirmed their presence when I asked Online so I thought I might be the only one with the issue, and I didn't even report it. I gradually developed an obsession of constantly erasing them with gentle cursor movements. Really glad I can finally get rid of this.
I guess that it occurred only on resolutions higher than 1920x1080. Nobody reported this, so I didn't know it earlier. :)
BartiSkiJumper
Posts: 855
Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 00:24
Location: Wrocław, Poland

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Martin Kafka wrote:
  • Cursor left a trail at the bottom and right edges of the screen on higher resolutions
Well done! No one else confirmed their presence when I asked Online so I thought I might be the only one with the issue, and I didn't even report it. I gradually developed an obsession of constantly erasing them with gentle cursor movements. Really glad I can finally get rid of this.
I guess that it occurred only on resolutions higher than 1920x1080. Nobody reported this, so I didn't know it earlier. :)
You changed any resolutions? Because in v 1.3.2 i can jump on 1680x1080, but on v1.3.3 max is 1680x1050.
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3177
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Jussi Koskela »

BartiSkiJumper wrote: You changed any resolutions? Because in v 1.3.2 i can jump on 1680x1080, but on v1.3.3 max is 1680x1050.
I haven't done anything to that.
Zmaster
Moderator
Posts: 774
Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 11:20

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Zmaster »

I feel like the fps is WAY more stable and smooth now with max graphics. Is it only because my graphics card likes the anisotropic texture filtering, or did you fiddle with something else?
Image
That's gotta hurt.
MJumper
Posts: 264
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 19:04
Location: Finland

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by MJumper »

Not sure I agree with Zmaster on fps being more stable :). I found an issue I didn't have with the previous version: the picture now often does a little sudden twitch during takeoff. It looks kind of like fps would drop for a split second or like losing some frames completely. It doesn't really hurt my jumping at all but it's somewhat annoying (I think something similar happened in previous versions if I enabled anti-aliasing but I still have it disabled so I don't have a clue what causes this, no settings seem to affect it).

It also seems that for some reason some textures (at least the mediamond logo on the skis) are blurry in the beginning of a jump (regardless of antistropic filtering settings). They only turn sharp about half a second after the jumper takes off.

Nice work on the clouds and trees (and limited brightnes of snow is a relief)!
Last edited by MJumper on 26 Jan 2013, 00:55, edited 3 times in total.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3177
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Zmaster wrote:I feel like the fps is WAY more stable and smooth now with max graphics. Is it only because my graphics card likes the anisotropic texture filtering, or did you fiddle with something else?
I did little optimization, but it could be the position of the moon, too. :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3177
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MJumper wrote:Not sure I agree with Zmaster on fps being more stable :). I found an issue I didn't have with the previous version: the picture now often does a little sudden twitch during takeoff. It looks kind of like fps would drop for a split second or like losing some frames completely. It doesn't really hurt my jumping at all but it's somewhat annoying (I think something similar happened in previous versions if I enabled anti-aliasing but I still have it disabled so I don't have a clue what causes this, no settings seem to affect it).

It also seems that for some reason some textures (at least the mediamond logo on the skis) are blurry in the beginning of a jump (regardless of antistropic filtering settings). They only turn sharp about half a second after the jumper takes off.
You could try reducing the number of trees a bit since they are now rendered in more detail. The temporal blurriness sounds strange, I'll have a look on it.
TPo
Posts: 549
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:15
Location: Finland

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by TPo »

Some would say this is a mere small technical update, but I think the game looks far better now.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Zmaster
Moderator
Posts: 774
Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 11:20

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.3.2 -> DSJ4 v1.3.3

Post by Zmaster »

So this is from the request of Martin Kafka:

http://www.nbl.fi/~nbl3912/anisotrtoprhtp.png

I am not showing the picture here, because it is almost 10MB. You have been warned.

I think the difference between 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 is amazing because of those high resolution changes. I can't see amazing difference with the AF being present, but this is certainly an improvement for the game!

And I actually like the night sky MUCH better in 1.3.3 :)
Image
That's gotta hurt.
Post Reply