DSJ4 v1.10.0 will be released on 19th of November, 2021

Official announcements about new features etc.
Bartimozo

Re: DSJ4 v1.10.0 will be released on 19th of November, 2021

Post by Bartimozo »

Bartimozo wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 13:45 Wow, looks promissing.
So now, the only thing I miss in this game is to have an option during World Cup or Nations Cup season to choose different jumpers on different hills. It would help to simulate real World Cup, because there is almost always smaller or bigger rotation of names in start list. For example it would be great to add "national group" of Germans during qualifying in Oberstdorf and Ga-Pa and not including them in previous competitions and the following competitions.
Is it even possible to add to the game Jussi?
Oh, now I see Broxima ask about the same thing :D
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Question regarding original hills remaster....will it still be possible to jump on the original unchanged hills, or will they be replaced and gone forever? I welcome the change, but would like to keep them inside offline game at least, just so I can sometimes "return to the past" :-)

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you are changing inruns. if it's just cosmetics then my question is invalid.
Last edited by MikesCZ on 28 Oct 2021, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
SprengeMobil

Post by SprengeMobil »

The suits should also be changed, the suit cut has been changed from the 2012/13 season onwards. Another annoying thing is that every jumper in Nations Cup has the same equipment... I would like to see this in the game...
Du måtte bare si det!
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Hello Jussi, I have one question, but I'm probably interested in another one, namely when you publish a new update a month earlier, are these updates almost finished and you're just waiting for the release date, or do you know exactly that the update will be completed on the day of release?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Lechoo wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 20:03 2. What about CPU player support for Nizhny Tagil HS-134 ?
I will add CPU player support for the latest 3rd party hills (from 11th Apr 2021) soon. I think there's already enough data from the online game available.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 12:07 Hello Jussi, I have one question, but I'm probably interested in another one, namely when you publish a new update a month earlier, are these updates almost finished and you're just waiting for the release date, or do you know exactly that the update will be completed on the day of release?
That last month is still full of work finishing everything.
Bartek_Drozdowski

Post by Bartek_Drozdowski »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 19:51
Jussi Koskela...
WHY !
Jusii... Why your hills (for example old Bad Mitterndorf HS200, Zakopane HS134, and other OLD out of date hills) it's still official in game and online?
Why don't you replace them by new actual hills?
Some of the fans' hills are perfectly reproduced... so you could replace old hills by new ones... Zakopane HS134 > new HS140 by fans... and other hills..
(or old hills still in game but marked as retro hills...)
I will say more!!!
Why don't you add the missing hills? for example... Oberstdorf HS137.. it's great reproduced on dsj24.pl
I mean that the approved actual new hills on dsj24 should be add to the game as official hills with online records, old hills should be replace by new hills... so all that should be in setup file with game download on mediamond site...
CURRENTLY in my opinion Gorisek Bros. make a big mess of your game... and players notice it...

I've been here since the beginning of DSJ4... since 2011..
Jussi.. it's still your game...
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Yes, many players want to play on old retro hills and fictional ones, some of which are very well made. which is the newer real hills, but there are already many and among them is Oberstdorf 137. Yes, there is a lot of desire among the players, some do not like it, others do it and if Jussi fulfilled everyone's wishes, what a confusion it would be only then.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Plus, if you don’t like some of the hills, you simply delete it and have only the hills to your liking.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Bartek_Drozdowski wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:49 Jussi Koskela...
WHY !
Jusii... Why your hills (for example old Bad Mitterndorf HS200, Zakopane HS134, and other OLD out of date hills) it's still official in game and online?
Why don't you replace them by new actual hills?
Some of the fans' hills are perfectly reproduced... so you could replace old hills by new ones... Zakopane HS134 > new HS140 by fans... and other hills..
(or old hills still in game but marked as retro hills...)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7988
Bartek_Drozdowski wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:49 I will say more!!!
Why don't you add the missing hills? for example... Oberstdorf HS137.. it's great reproduced on dsj24.pl
I mean that the approved actual new hills on dsj24 should be add to the game as official hills with online records,
1.8 changelog:
Jussi Koskela wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 10:55 Improvements
  • Online game support for 3rd party custom hills
  • Global hill record lists for 3rd party custom hills (available within game, not at website)
Bartek_Drozdowski wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:49 old hills should be replace by new hills... so all that should be in setup file with game download on mediamond site...
First post of this thread:
Jussi Koskela wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 21:14 [*] Option to quickly download ranked 3rd party hills directly from the game
^ functionally identical feature
Bartek_Drozdowski wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:49 and players notice it...

I've been here since the beginning of DSJ4... since 2011..
You seem to have missed this year though :mrgreen:
Bartek_Drozdowski wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:49 Jussi.. it's still your game...
Yes, it is.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Afaik, Jussi doesn't want to mess on official hills records lists, probably that's why he isn't going to put any custom hill to them. If I am wrong, Jussi, please tell what is your real state about official hills records lists.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Maciek, just like I talked to you there is no for the moment like, community vote to choose 64 hills at WOT, where they will be divided into Wednesday and Saturday, Online adding server with all 64 hills No Rating, and World Cup, and doing a separate one Total Lengths.With this amount of hills, what are available unfortunately, there is no other solution.We have to get along, determine the size of the hill vote, implement to Online and think together how to improve DSJ.Voting of "random" players has plunged this game a long time, if you want to have fun like that so have fun, but probably for real you have to understand,that you will not do anything yourself.This is my opinion for real, so we'll either start working together or ................................................. ................... ............................................................................................................

I know that half of you will translate it on Google, so i'll explain it 'm not writing this to Maciek, just to Gorisek and Jussi.

One more question amazes me, as announced by Gorisek I wrote to Jussi on the forum, does this information about new hills, and update DSJ 4 is true, i've received the answer, that "looks real", then i wrote that the game needs "rework" existing hills, new menu and added only a few missing ones hills, and now you are doing what i wrote a year ago, just the other way around, strange :wink:
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Zygzaczeq

Post by Zygzaczeq »

Hello, what about the function of calling the jumpers or the national group for the next competitions, for example: Four Hills Tournament in Germany-Austria, or a jumper who gets injured does not call? will be this feature available in the game. because that's how the FIS made it possible
Senni

Post by Senni »

It's so amazing to see that this game is still alive.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 19:48
Lechoo wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 20:03 2. What about CPU player support for Nizhny Tagil HS-134 ?
I will add CPU player support for the latest 3rd party hills (from 11th Apr 2021) soon. I think there's already enough data from the online game available.
But I’m also interested in this, now that the updated hills aren’t likely to be backed up by CPU jumpers and we’ll have to wait a while again for that to happen, and until then we’ll be playing matches on the older ones as there’s no interesting brec CPU jumpers. The problem is, when they are finally supported, the judges' towers will have to be modernized and everything will happen again. So dear Jussi, isn't it really possible to arrange this in some other way?