Falling on back

Technical support for DSJ4.
josef.sabl

Falling on back

Post by josef.sabl »

Is this a bug or did I accidentally changed some setting?

I was slowly getting comfortable with DSJ4 controls and already have something like 300 jumps and good control of my jumper. But all of a sudden the jumper almost does not respond to mouse commands and only flips on his back a crashes. No matter what I do.

I tried reinstalling but to no avail. Please help :|
SuperAdo111

Re: Falling on back

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Maybe you changed your DPI (its above scroll button on my mouse,i do it very often,etc change from 400 to 50 or 1000,so...). It doesnt works only for DSJ or?
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

How does the mouse work in different games?
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

Bartek Palewicz wrote:How does the mouse work in different games?
Fine, of course...
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Maybe you changed your DPI (its above scroll button on my mouse,i do it very often,etc change from 400 to 50 or 1000,so...). It doesnt works only for DSJ or?
I dont think I have this option on my mouse. It works (doesnt work) like that even if I dont do anything... I only click buttons to take off and jumper just rolls over on his back.

This started to happen in the middle of game.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Check the mouse sensitivity setting for your player account.
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

Thank you for your reply.

Anyway. My sensitivity was set to 3.0. I tried to set it to 1.0 and also to 0.05. Didn't help.

Like I said before. I just click to leap of the ground and then don't touch anything. And jumper just rolls over.
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

I tried to remove Documents/Deluxe Ski Jump 4 folder - didn't help, So I guess no setting is involved.
I found out that my mouse actually has dpi setting. Changing it didn't do anything.

I would quite like to play the game. Please help. I could help to debug.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

If the jumper is falling back you have to move the mouse faster down. Keep moving the mouse down throughout the whole flight. Increasing the mouse sensitivity might help, too.
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

Jussi Koskela wrote:If the jumper is falling back you have to move the mouse faster down. Keep moving the mouse down throughout the whole flight. Increasing the mouse sensitivity might help, too.
I understand this troubleshooting. But it really is some king of weird bug. I made quite a lot of jumps already and started to feel quite comfortable. But suddenly, in the middle of the jump, no matter what I do, the jumper just rolls on the back.

I double click and move mouse furiously towards of me... nevermind, jumper rolls on his back.
I double click and move mouse furiously away from me... nevermind, jumper rolls on his back.
I double click to take off and do nothing at all... nevermind, jumper rolls on his back.

All my actions are registered by a jumper as he jerks a bit, but nevermind, constant roll back motion :)

I might create a video and send it to you :)

I could call myself DSJ3 expert. DSJ4 apprentice. This is not user fault, but bug, believe me :)
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

Heh... something happened now and it is back to normal, I can jump again. Don't understand :-/ Maybe it really has to do something with mouse sensitivity.
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

josef.sabl wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:If the jumper is falling back you have to move the mouse faster down. Keep moving the mouse down throughout the whole flight. Increasing the mouse sensitivity might help, too.
I understand this troubleshooting. But it really is some king of weird bug. I made quite a lot of jumps already and started to feel quite comfortable. But suddenly, in the middle of the jump, no matter what I do, the jumper just rolls on the back.

I double click and move mouse furiously towards of me... nevermind, jumper rolls on his back.
I double click and move mouse furiously away from me... nevermind, jumper rolls on his back.
I double click to take off and do nothing at all... nevermind, jumper rolls on his back.

All my actions are registered by a jumper as he jerks a bit, but nevermind, constant roll back motion :)

I might create a video and send it to you :)

I could call myself DSJ3 expert. DSJ4 apprentice. This is not user fault, but bug, believe me :)
If it would happen again put a video with that on YouTube, ok?
josef.sabl

Post by josef.sabl »

Sure, thanks...
Richard02

Post by Richard02 »

I close Skype, and other programs ans It's not help me. Are you have idea, what I have to do?