A possibility to turn off Judge Tower in game Options.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
woznyy1337

A possibility to turn off Judge Tower in game Options.

Post by woznyy1337 »

Sometimes when we use a custom camera it can be difficult to jump as the judge tower obstructs the field of view and you cannot land, so I had the idea to be able to turn it off in the game options. Is it possible, Mr. Jussi? It would help a lot of youtube users who make real jump remakes!
Xinitiao

Re: A possibility to turn off Judge Tower in game Options.

Post by Xinitiao »

You can remove the judgetower directly from the xml of the hill when you are doing the real jump remakes, from what I've seen some youtubers modify the hills quite heavily for better quality of the remake.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
woznyy1337

Post by woznyy1337 »

Xinitiao wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 21:17 You can remove the judgetower directly from the xml of the hill when you are doing the real jump remakes, from what I've seen some youtubers modify the hills quite heavily for better quality of the remake.
Yeah, facts, but then I can't play with CPU, I'm always using my modified custom camera to jump, it looks great and realistic.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

woznyy1337 wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 01:32 Yeah, facts, but then I can't play with CPU, I'm always using my modified custom camera to jump, it looks great and realistic.
Then I think my earlier suggestion would be perfect for this:

43. Ability to manually define in xml which cpu file the hill will be using
For offline roleplay purposes, it would be great to be able to manually define if the hill will use an already available cpu file (i.e with <usecpu="[dsj24hillID]"/>. Such hills of course wouldn't be valid for verification, but would greatly improve the offline sandbox aspect of DSJ - i.e. you would be able to recreate irl seasons with appropiate dhill lines or other cosmetic things. It would even be helpful for very beginner hillmakers - they would be able to put CPU on i.e. a lightly modifed template :)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
woznyy1337

Post by woznyy1337 »

Xinitiao wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 10:50
woznyy1337 wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 01:32 Yeah, facts, but then I can't play with CPU, I'm always using my modified custom camera to jump, it looks great and realistic.
Then I think my earlier suggestion would be perfect for this:

43. Ability to manually define in xml which cpu file the hill will be using
For offline roleplay purposes, it would be great to be able to manually define if the hill will use an already available cpu file (i.e with <usecpu="[dsj24hillID]"/>. Such hills of course wouldn't be valid for verification, but would greatly improve the offline sandbox aspect of DSJ - i.e. you would be able to recreate irl seasons with appropiate dhill lines or other cosmetic things. It would even be helpful for very beginner hillmakers - they would be able to put CPU on i.e. a lightly modifed template :)
Yes, I agree with this suggestion, It would definetly help a lot of people but I think that there should be also in game option to turn off the judge tower (just like trees or buildings) for players who don't know how to delete it from xml file.
woznyy1337

Post by woznyy1337 »

Please, Mr. Jussi, could you at least reply if it is possible?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

woznyy1337 wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 01:53 Please, Mr. Jussi, could you at least reply if it is possible?
Possible, but not on priority.