Nationality of the players

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
JanK

Nationality of the players

Post by JanK »

Dear Jussi,

Once again I would like to suggest that players should represent their native country. Can you please set some rule for this? I'm not sure how to identify players who chose flag of different country even though they are from somewhere else. IP address maybe?

There is one example - Petr Kuchařový. He uses Czech flag even though he is from Poland. Our Czech community is 99,9% sure based on his language skills. Not to mention that surname "Kuchařový" doesn't even exists in Czech Republic.

Could you please sort this out somehow? Maybe it's not so important for you...but for us surely is. Thank you in advance.
Name: Jan Kapustka
Nation: CZE
MikesCZ

Re: Nationality of the players

Post by MikesCZ »

Agree, this devaluates efforts of Czech players (or any other nationality). Imagine you are figthing hard to become top player of your contry, but then someone from another country changes their flag and claim the top spot of your country in most statistics. It sucks...

I understand some polish players might feel there is too much competition among their countrymen, but this could be solved by other means (like teams/clans) but not changing shirts and pretend to be someone else...
Name: Michal Kala

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Tim Davignon

Post by Tim Davignon »

Agreement. Example, Ladislav Pěnička is close to overcoming the Czech best Peak performance, he would certainly not be satisfied if his efforts were erased by some Poland player who plays the Czech player. Petr Kuchařový was close to winning WOT yesterday. Kuchařový writes slowly, this is a sign that he is translating our messages for him in a translator into Polish and back. Something should be done about it quickly.
TOP3 offline Czech and TOP30 in world TL - 3520m
French roots, but Czech. ForzaCzechDsj.
owomo.

Post by owomo. »

I have nothing more to write about, I just agree with what the guys wrote.
Name: Ondřej Fajkus
Peak: 1430
Ladislav Pěnička

Post by Ladislav Pěnička »

I agree with everything that the boys wrote here and I can really confirm that Kuchařový is not Czech.
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I agree completely. National records and national cups are a fun way to compete against your fellow countrymen and the thought of becoming the best jumper in your country really motivates you to improve. On the other hand, assembling a team for the team cup and getting a good result/winning against the overwhelming Polish competition gives you a real sense of accomplishment.

However, all of that loses its meaning when random Polish people start joining random countries. Your team basically becomes a MIX, your national records are held by a Polish dude, you jump national cups against someone who doesn't even speak your language. It's really frustrating and it ruins the sense of community.

I understand that it doesn't matter much when they jump for Afghanistan or Uganda, but it becomes a problem when they join countries with active communities such as Czech Republic, Germany or Slovenia.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I changed the nationality to Polish.