Fix the texture of the ski jumper

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Krzysiek Polowiec

Fix the texture of the ski jumper

Post by Krzysiek Polowiec »

Hello, I would like to suggest improving the texture of the ski jumper in dsj4. I wish I could edit the texture of the entire ski, not just the front. Create transparent numbers to make it much easier to create special plastrons, e.g. world champion, world cup leader or plastrons, e.g. from planica 2020, where there is a medal with the earth in the background of numbers. Add the texture of the gloves so that the logo can be added as the glove has a texture made in such a way that it blends the color and does not create a texture image (also the texture of the glove is 4x4px and should be at least 200x200). I also want to fix the texture of the sleeves, because the texture in dsj only uploads the left half of the photo and
doubles and the other half of the sleeve is mirrored.
Andrej šunkar

Re: Fix the texture of the ski jumper

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Hello, I also have a suggestion regarding the jumper himself. Now that the hills are so good, it would really be time to dedicate yourself to the jumper, after all these years his style has really changed, as you probably know well, but I have a suggestion regarding the inscriptions of the logos on the jersey, namely, on the sleeves could be the inscription of your company, mediamond, below the knee let's say dsj4, on the right thigh of the leg, I meant the abbreviation of the country where the jumper is coming from. This means that when you select the country of the jumper, an abbreviation will also be displayed on the leg of the jersey. After that, several different patterns of skis and helmets were good. In addition, I would again ask you to change the leader line to green. These are my suggestions, and the decision is, of course, yours.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

I think the best way would be to have a texture folder/folders where you can put textures of every part of the skijumper and then set in the menu which ones the each jumper would use (and the names of the textures would be saved in the .skj files) That way it would be way more flexible than texmod mods and put whatever you want on your ski jumpers :) Of course for this to work, the textures would need to be easily repaintable, because as they are right now, they are quite difficult to work with. There could even be a way to define which parts of the texture would be a set color and which would use the color set in the in-game menu, because right now the full suit/helmet repaints only really work well on the FFFFFF color underneath.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Oh, and also it would be great to be able to set a different jumpers' vest for each competition :)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

You probably thought the way I suggested some time ago. As for the vest, though, I think it would be a little too much, because for every hill there are so many, it’s almost impossible.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7974
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 12:43 You probably thought the way I suggested some time ago. As for the vest, though, I think it would be a little too much, because for every hill there are so many, it’s almost impossible.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7974
Yes, similar idea.
As for the vest the default one would stay as is, but if you wanted, you could also choose a different vest for each event from a folder or have a button which sets one custom vest for all events.
Lurker since 2001
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

For vests I think I could also make a folder and insert what we have mostly already in the graphic patch.
However, I suggest that there be an icon next to the ski jump, which would click on it, and thus also select a billboard behind the jumper and, of course, a fence with advertisements at the bottom of the hill.
Better yet, I think when you choose a hill for a match, there would be that icon there, just like you mark whether you’re going to play singles or on relegation, it would still be an icon to choose a vest. For training, however, it should remain as it is. What do you say to that. Ideas as much as you want.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

For training there should be an option of no vest 8)
Lurker since 2001
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

I mean, for training it stays the way it is.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Hello Jussi. I wonder if you do anything on the jumper, because it would be good to fix the gloves too, because like he has now, they had them about 30 or more years ago, so each finger would be separate and not the thumb separate, and the rest together. And once again I had to remind you of the green leading line, please, because it would be much better?