Additional NO -GIBBON server.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Ikarus2217

Re: Additional NO -GIBBON server.

Post by Ikarus2217 »

Players using Gibbon at the moment are kind of favored, for example I don't want to play with someone who uses Gibbon, but I have no other option than to play with them. And by running this separate server, I count on the respect of players using gibbon that they will not enter it, I have such an opportunity.
MAN2059
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

You are very naive then ;)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Yes, gibbon is awful, unrealistic and unpleasant to watch, but removing it would require the physics engine to be reworked, which would take too much time and effort. Non-gibbon servers wouldn't work, because you can't really force people not to do it. I know it can be frustrating, but every game has its quirks and strategies and unfortunately gibbon is here to stay, so you should either use it or accept that you will always have an disadvantage.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Ikarus2217 wrote:Players using Gibbon at the moment are kind of favored, for example I don't want to play with someone who uses Gibbon, but I have no other option than to play with them. And by running this separate server, I count on the respect of players using gibbon that they will not enter it, I have such an opportunity.
So it seems that your option is not an option. Wanna have no-gibbon server? So, if that server is created, download every replay from every round, check if there is any gibbon after take-off and later report potential breaking rules of this server.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

Why are you acting like you would jump 10m further with "gibbon", especially in online its not even that good because (imo) i get worse style points because of the movement on the takeoff and you are acting like jumpers using this technique would be superior which is not the case, look at the top online players there are all kinds of players and do you also want to ban someone who accidently moves their mouse at some point in the flight and they shake a bit? its crazy how people after such a long time still cant enjoy the game and always have to care about others

just focus on yourself and on improving your skills and you will succed
Ikarus2217

Post by Ikarus2217 »

It is not true that you get lower marks using gibbon, I almost believed you but only almost :)
Accidental motion and continual motion are a big difference.

Please look at the top players almost everyone uses Gibbon.

With the help of Gibbon you jump further, the very exit higher from the threshold gives you a lot thanks to this technique.

You see, and here's the problem, I don't play to win but for fun, whether I'm 1st or 50th, it doesn't make any difference to me :)

Im finished the topic.
MAN2059