Online subscription

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
mikulenas2007

Online subscription

Post by mikulenas2007 »

I think a lot of people would like to be able to buy a lifetime subscription for online mode
MikesCZ

Re: Online subscription

Post by MikesCZ »

Personally I don't think this would be good business model for Jussi.

But I am curious - how much do you think this should cost?
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
mikulenas2007

Post by mikulenas2007 »

I think it might cost 15 €, but I don't know is it a good price
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

mikulenas2007 wrote:I think it might cost 15 €, but I don't know is it a good price
Ok, I am not Jussi, but I have some pricing/business experience, so I can try to evaluate :)

One year right now costs €7.9 (+tax), so your suggestion basically is "buy two years, get lifetime access". So everyone buys it, and then after two years everyone is playing for free and Jussi gets little to no revenue but still has to pay his own maintenance costs for running the server and so on....this would eventually kill DSJ online play.

With the current approach of 3months/12months sub, this gives Jussi reason to keep the game alive and also gives him valuable statistics for analytics. When new version is released, it boosts the sales...we can all see that based on number of people online. Now imagine you allow people to buy lifetime access...what motivates you to work on new version? Most players already paid and do not have to pay anything else. So in my opinion the current system is much better for the game overall.

One last comment: Both the game and online subs are really cheap compared to other games.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
mikulenas2007

Post by mikulenas2007 »

I think you're right, my sugesstion wasn't very wise.
In my opinion Jussi should add game on Steam, and then he wouldn't have to pay for servers, and game will be more popular.