- all WRs are with gibbon
- difference between top TL with gibbon and top TL without gibbon is over 20 meters
- in top10 TL, 7 are made fully with gibbon
- 23/24 WRs are with gibbon
- difference between top TL with gibbon and top TL without gibbon is over 20 meters, too
- in top10 TL, also 7 are made fully with gibbon
Yes, I also was going this way. I also counted myself in these stats. But I "proselytised" myself, as I have written before.
I think it's time to change. It should be important to all DSJ4 community. So I decided to create a poll. Here are my explanations of every suggestions which I put on it. I forestall that in game it wouldn't be 100% as visible as I presented below, not counting last two suggestions.
IMPORTANT! There is no need to reset all hill records, if any of 1-4 suggestions will be introduced in game. The best idea is keeping old list and creating new, with possibility to come back to old versions (but only in offline game of course).
1. only takeoff angle correction
In my opinion is the easiest way from every which depends on chaning physics.
- lower flight trajectory over the knoll, actually seems to be a bit too high
- flight trajectory in whole flight will be more flat and stable
- increased flight speed in 2nd part which could also increase jump length in some cases
- previous point will also affect lowering inrun speed to keep similar distances (lower gates) on large and flying hills
- increased flight speed in 2nd part would also increase risk of fall on longer distances
- possible shorter jumps on smaller hills
- according to 3rd and 4th pros, on some hills it wouldn't be possible to lower gates because it wouldn't be enough of them (for example BM, Bischofshofen HS140, Engelberg)
- maybe gibbon wouldn't be 100% eliminated, just only effectivity would be reduced, but it may be dependent on level of leaning a jumper when doing takeoff
2. more aggressive inrun position
Also quite easy solution.
- might cause similar changes to takeoff angle like on first solution, but with smaller effectivity
- increased inrun speed might be not natural
- risk of fall will be a bit increased according to 1st con
- also it's risk that gibbon wouldn't be eliminated in sufficient way
3. more aggressive flight position from takeoff to landing
In my opinion it should look like that: hips should a bit more forward according to torso and head position. Body should go a bit more close to skis line, in similar way to Beta-2 flight style.
- increased flight speed might increase distances on large and flying hills
- a bit more flat trajectory which could make landing easier
- it might cause reducing mouse sensivities, so finding optimal mouse settings could be more difficult
- increased flight speed might also increase a risk of fall
- on some hills it wouldn't be possible to lower gates because it wouldn't be enough of them
4. keeping physics untouched, but with judging if gibbon was used or not
Very easy way. Not the easiest, but still quite good.
- fast way to eliminate players who are using gibbons
- very little work, only creating new lists and checking replays
- risk of making non-controled gibbon
- risk of controversions with decisions about jumps with small gibbons
- replays should be checked by more that one person, Jussi will need help of some players, must be very experienced and have knowledge about gibbon
5. keep the current situation running
The easiest way, but really effective? I don't think so.
- practically no work on that
- still possibility to do gibbon without consquences
- hill records lists won't be clear
- risk of increasing differences between gibbon players and non-gibbon players will be still huge
- every of these three cons cause still spoiled fun of rivalry in DSJ4
Jussi, if you try to make some changes in physics about which I wrote above, please don't be afraid to share us test version. We will check it and tell you about our feelings.
So, I'm waiting for your opinions. Please vote!