Wind searching online

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
lucek24

Wind searching online

Post by lucek24 »

Hi,
you probably noticed that online world records list is full of records from Mariusz Paweł and Mariusz Sobon (including their second accounts SoBo and Mario Mariucic) and just 2 from 24 records are not from them. The problem of online records is the fact that to beat this records you need to use the current records holders method - searching of wind many hours, day and night with jumping between rooms. Searching of wind like offline was not the idea of online records.

Maybe a better option would be to save current records (like before-dsj3.1.5.0 records), reset record list and keep possibility to beat personal bests (and world records) only in TDD, WOT, Team Cup, National Cup, Ski Flying and Marathons? I invite you to discussion.
BartiSkiJumper

Re: Wind searching online

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

lucek24 wrote:Maybe a better option would be to save current records (like before-dsj3.1.5.0 records), reset record list and keep possibility to beat personal bests (and world records) only in TDD, WOT, Team Cup, National Cup, Ski Flying and Marathons?.
I would love to see this. In my opinion records should be only counted with multiple people on the server (e.g +10 players)
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I think it's important to make beating online records much more fun and it will avoid dominating the lists by one person/two people. Changes for that are important, mostly when we were observing last years how far Mariusz Paweł and Mariusz Soboń went away for rest of world... Not counting second account of Soboń (SoBo), difference between him (2nd place) and next player (Bartek Winczaszek) is over 20 meters... Almost every player has no fun with battle for even better records... Time to change this. In my opinion, online hill records must be limited to official tournaments (mainly WOTs, Marathons, National Cups, Ski Flyings, TDDs), jumps on other servers shouldn't be counted to online stats, but just to offline stats.

But I'm not sure if only entering new hill records lists without even small change in physics or any rules according to gibbon making makes some sense... In my opinion it should go also with these changes to keep online hill records list as natural as it is possible. But it would also affect offline lists, which will come with my acceptance (only possible form? creating new lists with keeping possibility to jump on old, but only offline).

Numbers don't lie.
Overall: top3 - all accounts with gibbon (23/24 WRs are with gibbon, including mine - happily I abandoned gibbon technique a year ago)
2019: top3 - all accounts with gibbon (23/24 WRs are with gibbon)
2020 (09.04 position): top5 - 4 accounts with gibbon (all WRs are with gibbon)
March 2020: top4 - all accounts with gibbon (all WRs are with gibbon)
April 2020 (09.04 position): top5 - all accounts with gibbon (21/24 WRs are with gibbon)
previous week (30.03-05.04): top5 - all accounts with gibbon (21/24 WRs are with gibbon)

I don't know if creating a poll about that would be a good idea, mostly when we see bunch of players who will protest, mostly from top of online hill records rankings from last months/years...
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Bogdan56

Post by Bogdan56 »

DSJ jumps are for patient people. One has to work for results for years. Even a weaker jumper has a chance if he is patient and can analyze the game. One thing is certain, the rules are set by Jussi.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Bogdan56 wrote:DSJ jumps are for patient people.
Where is the sense of this sentence, according to online game? This is online game, a lot of people has also life, not only playing DSJ 24 hours per day/7 days per week. There is needed a full focus on the most important jumps - in official competition.
Mariusz Paweł

Post by Mariusz Paweł »

lucek24 wrote:Hi,
you probably noticed that online world records list is full of records from Mariusz Paweł and Mariusz Sobon (including their second accounts SoBo and Mario Mariucic) and just 2 from 24 records are not from them. The problem of online records is the fact that to beat this records you need to use the current records holders method - searching of wind many hours, day and night with jumping between rooms. Searching of wind like offline was not the idea of online records.

Maybe a better option would be to save current records (like before-dsj3.1.5.0 records), reset record list and keep possibility to beat personal bests (and world records) only in TDD, WOT, Team Cup, National Cup, Ski Flying and Marathons? I invite you to discussion.
Man, u are so funny.
Let's do the best as you write so that you are happy because you haven't achieved anything in this game, you want to dictate the conditions to others, if you want to be good, you have to spend as much time as me and Sobo to appear in the statistics, so stop crying, dictate the conditions and take play or don't play if you can't act.
I do not greet you :)
lucek24

Post by lucek24 »

The ad personam argument you just used is proof that it hurts you so much that someone may have a different opinion than you do. To spend many hours searching for WR winds is offline mode - if Jussi wanted to search for wind for hours, he would not implement the message "NO WIND-SEARCHING PLEASE". Only thanks to the fact that there are many different rooms in the game, you can search for winds more often than one competition for two minutes, which is similar to WOT.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Fighting for online world records lost sense 3-4 years ago, when one player - SoBo started dominating in online TL list because he was playing online much more often than most of players, so he got much over 10 meters advantage on two accounts (not combined!). Sorry, but we have also a normal life. Playing DSJ is only a small fragment of our whole day plans.

Also, please look at the ski jumping rules - official records count only in official competitions and qualifications (World Cup, World Championships, SFWC, Olympics), records from training rounds, COC, FIS Cup etc. are at most unofficial. In DSJ4, situation should be the same.
Mariusz Paweł

Post by Mariusz Paweł »

lucek24 wrote:The ad personam argument you just used is proof that it hurts you so much that someone may have a different opinion than you do. To spend many hours searching for WR winds is offline mode - if Jussi wanted to search for wind for hours, he would not implement the message "NO WIND-SEARCHING PLEASE". Only thanks to the fact that there are many different rooms in the game, you can search for winds more often than one competition for two minutes, which is similar to WOT.

Of course you can have your opinion, but unfortunately there is no one, any logic. Are you talking about spending hours playing this game? Well, that's what the game is for - Jussi has created an online mode where you have 1 to 3 chance to cast a jump where you can rarely hit the wind so please stop writing that you can search for WR offline - because it shows how much it hurts you that you haven't achieved anything in online game. After the second most important facts - you and your friends who speak here have been playing this game for 10-15 years, I have been playing for 2 years, so you write about some no-life and that I play. Just show that another player can't jump WR better than you because you don't have him. I repeat, I play this game for 2 years, you after 10-15 years counting 2 versions of dsj so. To hit the wind online you have to jump sometimes after 5 seasons so the chance for WR is negligible - that's why your arguments show that it hurts you and me and SoBo are the top of this game.

Yes Maciej each of you has a normal life haha ​​where you have been playing since the beginning of the dsj3 and dsj4 versions it will be 15 years old and you have thousands of hours more than me so finish writing about you just get to jumping or stop crying. I am very amused by the text that wr lost its meaning in some interval of years - that is, in such interval where your nickname disappeared from the list.
Even if Jussi entered tournament records, nothing would change the same names would be on the list.
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

achieving anything with cheats (which are of course gibbons) means nothing, bro
Kuba Wójcik

Post by Kuba Wójcik »

Hello
You have nothing to meddle in someone's records. Everyone has the right to jump in style. Do not demand the removal of the gibbon and gibbon records because you know that Jussi will not do anything with this game, so get into training and try to break through some WR and do not do it in such a way because it will do nothing

Greetings :)
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

you should at least be fair if you want to show off your records, and saying things like 'gibbon is not working' (what was said once in online chat) is of course a lie, because it's like handicap for 2-3 metres in normal hills. You guys are being unfair and this is why other don't like you and your style
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

btw you are being hypocrite - first sentence you say:
'You have nothing to meddle in someone's records'
and in the very next sentence:
'so get into training and try to break through some WR '
gtfo from my records, those are got my own way
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Gibbon in online game on normal hills isn't as big handicap as you wrote @mlody5, because causes worse style marks. But still is.

Anyway, this is discussion about new online hill records list. But it would be nice to combine both things about which I wrote here.
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

ok, if gibbon gives worse marks, then why someone uses it? it makes no sence to me