promotion or something to get more people into online game

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
MikesCZ

promotion or something to get more people into online game

Post by MikesCZ »

It's a real shame servers are kinda empty now...this game shouldn't be seasonal...imagine that there are 10 players online at 7:00AM, 30 in the afternoon, 50 in the peak hours and over 100 people jumping the scheduled tournaments...

I mean how great would that be?

Price of the game is already very low so I would not go that way...

How about rewarding players? perhaps some kind of leaderboard, where the best x players each week/month win couple days of subscription?

Or something else...throw some ideas guys :)

I think there is a lot of ways to improve this game....and more people playing, more $$$ for Jussi :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
pikuvava

Re: promotion or something to get more people into online ga

Post by pikuvava »

Actually there is jumping tournaments and by winning it you earn free online time :)
Why i like DSJ? Its Best SKI JUMP SIMULATOR EVER!
¨
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

This could maybe increase the number of participants in online WC:
- With a minimum of 10 players finishing one WC session there will be added a bonus of 10 ratingpoints for the winner, 7p for nr. 2 and 5p for nr. 3.
- With a minimum of 20 players finishing one WC session there will be added a bonus of 20 ratingpoints for the winner, 14p for nr. 2 and 10p for nr. 3.
- With a minimum of 30 players finishing one WC session there will be added a bonus of 30 ratingpoints for the winner, 21p for nr. 2 and 15p for nr. 3.
This is just an idea, do not know if this is possible to implement into online game in addition to regular rating system?
Steelman
The Flying Norwegian
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I don't like the idea of inflation in the rating system. If the total amount of rating increases in the system, you can't compare your rating to your previous performance any more.
The CPU players wouldn't then match the actual performance any more either.
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

How about another ratingsystem just for daily online WC, parallell to excisting rating? This could be "stars" instead of points. You can earn "stars" by winning tournaments or by participating often. This rating could maybe be restarted every week or every month?
- 1-9 players: 0 stars for winning.
- 10-19 players: 1 star for finishing nr.1
- 20-29 players: 2 stars for finishing nr. 1 and 1 star for finishing nr. 2
- 30-> players: 3 stars for finishing nr. 1, 2 stars for finishisg nr. 2 and 1 star for finishing nr. 3
- In addition 1 star will be earned for every 10th complete (19 hills) participation in online daily WC. This way you can be weekly or monthly Champion just by participating often.
- This rating could be visible in meny: Hill Records/Stats - List - "Weekly/monthly star"
Jussi, these are only ideas, trying to think new.
I am very satisfyed with excisting system, just trying to help out others with new ideas :-)
Steelman
The Flying Norwegian