Hills and required permissions

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
greekskijump

Hills and required permissions

Post by greekskijump »

I have an idea and i thought that it might be good
Mr.Jussi i know you have problems with getting the permission for using hills like Harrachov,Vikersund and Innsbruck but how about creating these hills similar to the real ones(with small changes) and using a different name than the real so everybody will know that it will be Vikersund (for example) but without using Vikersund :) :?:

What do you think??
mjaorh

Re: Hills and required permissions

Post by mjaorh »

Not such a bad idea, but do you want a game like RTL skijumping, where the name wasnt real beacause of the permission. Jussi, wait for permission.
greekskijump

Post by greekskijump »

ofcourse i want the original hills, this was just a suggestion
mat12345

Post by mat12345 »

What if Jussi shares new hills for free (not included in the game), so license is not needed, and if he gets the license in the future, he could include the hills in the game. Isn't it that a good thing? Maybe somebody can talk with him?
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

he doesnt use the "real" names of hills, therefore he doesnt have legal issues (or so i heard), for example, he can model Čerťák and name it Harrachov, cause the official name of the hill is Čerťák, Harrachov is just where the hill is located
mjaorh

Post by mjaorh »

pepsiman89 wrote:he doesnt use the "real" names of hills, therefore he doesnt have legal issues (or so i heard), for example, he can model Čerťák and name it Harrachov, cause the official name of the hill is Čerťák, Harrachov is just where the hill is located
He has legal issues because he use real information about the hill like design and meashurements.
mat12345

Post by mat12345 »

I'm curious if hill's design and measurements are really copywrited.
mjaorh

Post by mjaorh »

mat12345 wrote:I'm curious if hill's design and measurements are really copywrited.
Yes it is, because a designer has designed and used hundreds of houres to design the real hill, and Jussi is only copying that and selling it to us.