Maybe a career mode?

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Leon84226

Maybe a career mode?

Post by Leon84226 »

1.You would have levels and exp. points.
2.You would start on smaller hills and in continental cup.
3.You would have to buy your own gear.
4.If you fell to hard you would get injured and couldn't compete.
5.At the start of the career you would be a test jumper and then you would get promotions.

That seems posible???
mask

Re: Maybe a career mode?

Post by mask »

It's simulator, not arcade!!!
Leon84226

Post by Leon84226 »

Yeah but why not make it more fun....I think this is the only ski jumpig game left that is updating, uploding and upgrading...
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

mask wrote:It's simulator, not arcade!!!
Heh, in simulator career mode is possible. But never (in my opinion) in DSJ. Probably too much work.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Leon84226

Post by Leon84226 »

I agree. But this is far the best ski jumping game...so if this game does not contain career mode please tell me another gmae that is equal to this game and contains careere mode???
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

mask wrote:It's simulator, not arcade!!!
What is arcade in Career? Well, if you would like to simulate real skijumping, real skijumpers have careers, so why not?
But it is actually useless, you can just play one season on small hills with CPU ratings about 800-1200 and second, third season on large and flying hills - CPU 1200-1600. Because no one needs buying gear or exp. points, i think :wink: .
Vik

Post by Vik »

I think it would be great, if Jussi open his game for modding, so we can build a career mod ourself... You know the race sim game rFactor? It has a big modding scene and continously the community releases new mods and upgrades... So Jussi just implements graphic and physic engine, and the modders create nice mods, par example a carreer mod... Currently there's no way to mod the game, but only textures... :-(
pikuvava

Post by pikuvava »

Vik wrote:I think it would be great, if Jussi open his game for modding, so we can build a career mod ourself... You know the race sim game rFactor? It has a big modding scene and continously the community releases new mods and upgrades... So Jussi just implements graphic and physic engine, and the modders create nice mods, par example a carreer mod... Currently there's no way to mod the game, but only textures... :-(
Sry but the problem is the 3D engine Jussi is using (his own) so it is totally unmoddable unless Jussi puts it to Public use...
Why i like DSJ? Its Best SKI JUMP SIMULATOR EVER!
¨
andreasbk

Post by andreasbk »

i agree with u. good idea:
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I think Jussi should be focused on fine-tuning the simulation and not the career mode. DSJ is a game unique, unique in its class! Here everything depends on the player's skill. Fortunately, DSJ is a simulation rather than arcade and so it should be! :)