Flying speed meter

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Pacemonkey

Flying speed meter

Post by Pacemonkey »

First post hello all! im not gonna say how good this game is and blaablaa because everybody knows it allready :lol: but thank you Jussi! but i was thinking while playing, that if there was a speed meter during the flight, that would be great! or maybe only one meter at the HS point, because the flying speed is allways different depending on how you fly, if there was this meter you could play and analyze your mistakes and so on.. what do you think?
Metsi

Re: Flying speed meter

Post by Metsi »

Only in the replay mode if it's really nescessary ;)
Pacemonkey

Post by Pacemonkey »

Yeah in the replay of course, or you could choose it if you want to see it or not when you actually jump, and it could stop where you land! i am personally fascinated at the flying speed, what do you say Jussi?
Risen

Post by Risen »

Metsi wrote:Only in the replay mode if it's really nescessary ;)
I like it.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Kofler

Post by Kofler »

I'd like a speed meter during inrun, like in DSJ3, and I never thought about this meter during the flight. But it's not bad idea, that would be really interesting
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Actually, now that i think of it, it would be nice to have a 'analyze replay' mode.
Showing not only the inrun and flight speed, but also the current angle of the jumper (considering the slope, and another one considering the flat line), the angle between the jumper and the skis, and maybe a smiple parabolic line showing the flight curve.
I know that it's would take a lot of work, but i may be really interesting to implement in the next version maybe :)

Would love to hear some opinions from the players as well as from the game creator himself ;-)
Kofler

Post by Kofler »

Metsi wrote:Actually, now that i think of it, it would be nice to have a 'analyze replay' mode.
Showing not only the inrun and flight speed, but also the current angle of the jumper (considering the slope, and another one considering the flat line), the angle between the jumper and the skis, and maybe a smiple parabolic line showing the flight curve.
I know that it's would take a lot of work, but i may be really interesting to implement in the next version maybe :)

Would love to hear some opinions from the players as well as from the game creator himself ;-)
Good idea, man! :idea:
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Metsi wrote:and maybe a simple parabolic line showing the flight curve.
Love it. 8)
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Dydux666 wrote:
Metsi wrote:and maybe a simple parabolic line showing the flight curve.
Love it. 8)
+1 :wink:

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

I like it. ;D
Pacemonkey

Post by Pacemonkey »

Metsi wrote:Actually, now that i think of it, it would be nice to have a 'analyze replay' mode.

I like the idea, but is it necessary? i would be happy to only see the flying speed, and dont you see the flying curve and the angles in the normal replay? i hope mr Jussi will give us some answers! how much work would it take for this meter? i dont know anything about creating games but im intrested
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

I think that's a grea idea.