Slight wind influence improvement.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Metsi

Slight wind influence improvement.

Post by Metsi »

Hey,
Did some record hunting today (nothing new though) and i came up with a little improvement that might make the game a bit more interesting.
Maybe the wind influence on the inrun speed could be a bit bigger?
Right now it's only possible to jump a WR from the 2-3 (depending on the hill) lowest gates.
If the wind influence was a bit bigger at the inrun, the sidewind would be more attractive to jump too.
Right now the best wind is the one straight in the face (yes Kalle, i admit you're right ;) ) and personally i don't even jump in other conditions offline.
If a bit sided wind would give a bigger profit to the speed, then it would be still challanging to jump from higher gates too.

I understand this is only my point of view, but maybe someone has similar thoughts on this one :)

Oh, and i don't think that it should come with some next fixes, more like for the next versions ;)
Zmaster

Re: Slight wind influence improvement.

Post by Zmaster »

I remember the wind influence being higher at the inrun in the beta 1 and it was knowingly lowered to beta 2.
That's gotta hurt.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Zmaster wrote:I remember the wind influence being higher at the inrun in the beta 1 and it was knowingly lowered to beta 2.
Was it? Cause i remember something about Jussi not being able to change the wind influence only for the inrun. He would have to change it's influence for the flight too.
Or did i get something wrong?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The influence of the wind is reduced by 50% during the inrun to reflect the blocking effect of the inrun structure.
This was suggested by the players.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

I see.
So maybe some minor changes in the wind/gate calculations?
In online mode it all looks fine and fun (well, maybe 'fair' would be a better word).
Offline on the other hand isn't really that much attractive (besides record hunting). Easing it off a bit during the harder conditions would bring some more enjoyable time i think :)

And... thanks all of you guys for your opinions!
<pure sarcasm>