Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
binol

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by binol »

IDEA: ATTENTION FOR FANS OF THIS GAME !!

JUSSI MAKE THIS GAME FOR MONEY NOT FOR FUN :)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

kumy246 wrote:hi guyz i have one suggestion for all... Jussi says he can't charge for new hills because of a promise he gave to us that any update will be free... but what if we make a fund for donations for him many people says would pay a new hill so why would make a donation for him for his work he already make to give him some motivation... there are many players and i am sure that there is at least 100 people who would give at least 1 eur or even more and Jussi can you please say if we earn 300 eur for you would you make any new hill if we make some effort and earn some money from donations for you?
I would donate for new hills :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
jukkis wrote:what about donation through PayPal or so? Once there is a reasonable amount (fair compensation for your work) donated, new hills could be made? A win-win situation for all, no? :)
As crazy as it sounds, but that's illegal in Finland. :shock:
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

akkarbelling wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
jukkis wrote:what about donation through PayPal or so? Once there is a reasonable amount (fair compensation for your work) donated, new hills could be made? A win-win situation for all, no? :)
As crazy as it sounds, but that's illegal in Finland. :shock:
OK but we could buy more copies of the game and donate that way...give the extra copies to new people and some of them could become regular players and spend money on online sub in the future.....that's even better

kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

how can it be illegal?? i meant it like a pledge for good idea like it has kickstarter... it can't be illegal -.- as you see we would do anything just to save the DSJ that it won't die... :( or maybe yea maybe we should buy some more copyes and gave it to the friends who don't have money to buy it maybe it would work... but it seems that Jussi won't do anything even if we would buy a game for 5000 eur or more :( I'am still a little optimistic that the game will start developing again... maybe when Finns ski jumpers start jumping on podium again he will get new motivation to work on DSJ4 again. it is hard to watch a sport in what your country isn't good and Finns were the best in times when the game started in last 2,3 years sadly they aren't so good anymore and maybe that is a reason why the DSJ stoped developing
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

DSJ won't be developed any further because Mr. Koskela is to busy working.
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

kumy246 wrote:how can it be illegal?? i meant it like a pledge for good idea like it has kickstarter... it can't be illegal -.- as you see we would do anything just to save the DSJ that it won't die... :( or maybe yea maybe we should buy some more copyes and gave it to the friends who don't have money to buy it maybe it would work... but it seems that Jussi won't do anything even if we would buy a game for 5000 eur or more :( I'am still a little optimistic that the game will start developing again... maybe when Finns ski jumpers start jumping on podium again he will get new motivation to work on DSJ4 again. it is hard to watch a sport in what your country isn't good and Finns were the best in times when the game started in last 2,3 years sadly they aren't so good anymore and maybe that is a reason why the DSJ stoped developing
The reason for stop developing the game is because Jussi does not have time for the game... im optimistic too that he will start developing again but difficuld. :)
PEAK: 1842
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Nejc Kavasaki wrote: The reason for stop developing the game is because Jussi does not have time for the game... im optimistic too that he will start developing again but difficuld. :)
akkarbelling wrote:DSJ won't be developed any further because Mr. Koskela is to busy working.
Mr. Koskela wouldn't be too busy working if the game actually made him some money. He had to get a full time job because people weren't buying DSJ and used pirate keys instead. Even if he had the time to develop DSJ I don't think he would do it, because it is not worth his time.

Normally I would buy one key and let my brother jump on it, but now I am going to buy my brother his own key to support Jussi. This is not even close to enough but hopefully it will help a little.
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Dangerous Dave wrote:
Nejc Kavasaki wrote: The reason for stop developing the game is because Jussi does not have time for the game... im optimistic too that he will start developing again but difficuld. :)
akkarbelling wrote:DSJ won't be developed any further because Mr. Koskela is to busy working.
Mr. Koskela wouldn't be too busy working if the game actually made him some money. He had to get a full time job because people weren't buying DSJ and used pirate keys instead. Even if he had the time to develop DSJ I don't think he would do it, because it is not worth his time.

Normally I would buy one key and let my brother jump on it, but now I am going to buy my brother his own key to support Jussi. This is not even close to enough but hopefully it will help a little.
I am 100% SURE that he got a lot of money with this game.. just think about all people online and much more people who don't play online... :)
PEAK: 1842
zawsze

Post by zawsze »

Old's Ski jumping techniques
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Dangerous Dave wrote:

I do not know what the average monthly salary in Finland is, but in Norway it is about 4500 EUR. The game costs 11,90EUR. To make a normal monthly salary, the game would have to sell 409 copies on average. In 12 months that is 4908 copies. Do you believe that it is possible to sell that many copies of the game every year and be able to make a living? I don't.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Nice that you bought a extra key for your brother :)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

akkarbelling wrote:
Dangerous Dave wrote:

I do not know what the average monthly salary in Finland is, but in Norway it is about 4500 EUR. The game costs 11,90EUR. To make a normal monthly salary, the game would have to sell 409 copies on average. In 12 months that is 4908 copies. Do you believe that it is possible to sell that many copies of the game every year and be able to make a living? I don't.
On steam it would be possible :) But developing the game further a bit doesn't mean you have to do it for a living....I know it takes time, but one hill a year can be done I believe... or letting someone else to do it. I don't mean open source....some talented student can do this for almost nothing.

btw You're not counting subs for online mode, only copies of the game, but loyal players keep buying subs. And more players in the online having fun means more subs, that means more money :)

akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Yeah I forgot about the subs
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Jussi, we all look forward to the development of the game, possibly on a new game DSJ5. It is a pity to waste so much potential - it's like walking in the right direction and stood in the middle of the road. Jussi think please - this great game can not be voided. You are the greatest creator of games for ski jumping. Please think about it. There is still so much to do ...