Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
davisp

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by davisp »

haGi wrote: - arcade (DSJ 2 gameplay), with the ability to overlay everything with the classic dsj 2 graphics ^^
hahaha, I'd love to see that. DSJ 2 was by far the most fun. But I don't see that happen at all :-P but since there is a free activation code for DSJ2, maybe Jussi (or someone who is good at this) could do a special DSJ2-DosBox-Installer like there is for SJ3. But this is OT :-D
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
hplgonzo

Post by hplgonzo »

there is just one wish ... i'd love to see dsj switching to opengl.
the few times i actually was able to play the demo of dsj4 at a friends home, it was pretty amazing.

so after some time has gone by, i tried to install dsj on linux with wine again (dsj4-1.5.2 & wine-1.7.12)
installation process worked flawlessly. i did some basic tweaking on wine, as suggested here:
http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2083
you need any logs? if you need some stuff, i can pastebin it for you.

the game especially while in menu reacts extremely slow, seems very "laaaaaaagy" and the old graphics bug is still existing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5jWNK98KUU
looks funny i know, but as you can imagine the game is unplayable that way.

please please please jussi. make a future version of dsj playable on linux as well.
kr33

Post by kr33 »

If you go for the best "realism", the main question is "what does it mean - realistic"? If the author answers: "as much physical factors covered, as possible" - this will be (and currently is, in my opinion) a failure. Why? Because it's not possible to cover all factors/behaviors/inputs coming from environment, humans, accidental factors, etc... Of course it's valuable to make as much effort in covering it all, as you can, but...
The main answer, for "realism" meaning should be: "as much the visible results realism, as possible". What do I mean? I mean the game is about jumping at World Cup level, right? So I will say "it's realistic", when I create the 60-70 computer players with different level of their skills level and:
a) being a fresh player I will jump at level of more or less last 10 players, I make quite often a "failed" jumps, meaning shorter, unstable, non-landed, etc...
b) being a semi-advanced player I will jump at level of 40-60 in general classification, I make "failed" jumps from time to time, usually they are stable, but shorter, with bad position during the flight, etc... generally jumps are already quite regular
c) being an advanced player I will jump at level of 15-40 in general classification, I make "failed" jumps very rarely, quite often I'm in the second round, my jumps are already regular
d) being a highly-advanced player I fight within first 15. I ALMOST NEVER make "failed" jumps, my jumps are VERY regular
e) being a super player I fight for win

That is "realistic". All other is in background.

Current version is designed in that way, that being e.g. at c) group, you sometimes make a great jumps and sometimes make a really failed jumps. Do you see in real life the same situation in World Cup? That the jumper who is fighting for win in one competition, in the second day e.g. is fighting to stay alive after landing? And that it happens quite regularly?

So my advice: you want to have it "realistic", redefine your answer for the question "what the realistic means".

But how to make it finally? I don't know, I'm only a user. Frustrated with your "realism" in the current version :P
paulpolska

Post by paulpolska »

Maybe something like "Cup of Nations" statistics in World Cup Mode ??
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

What about modifying cheating prevention?
It's important to do Cheat Engine and xspeed pro not working with DSJ4 on all systems, including Windows 8/8.1.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Maciejo-96 wrote:What about modifying cheating prevention?
It's important to do Cheat Engine and xspeed pro not working with DSJ4 on all systems, including Windows 8/8.1.
That's pretty much impossible.
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

I'd like to see some new animations soooo much! Some weird takeoffs and falls, some deeper landings, something like problems in the air. IMO it would make the game much more interesting.
premier

Post by premier »

"to-lead" line when the scoring are presented with the jump points, but not like at current state, when the line is displayed for the individual competiotions, but the line that also calculates jumps from previous competitions. Would it be possible ?
radeksar1995

Post by radeksar1995 »

premier wrote:"to-lead" line when the scoring are presented with the jump points, but not like at current state, when the line is displayed for the individual competiotions, but the line that also calculates jumps from previous competitions. Would it be possible ?
+1 ;)
145adrian

Post by 145adrian »

Jussi these are some ideas for the next version you make for dsj 4 could you please include them I am sure everyone would like them.
Ability for jury to change gates.

Ability to lose points or earn points from wind/gate.

Make falls look more realistic.

Thank You Jussi. Dsj is the best! :D
AlexRollercoaster

Post by AlexRollercoaster »

145adrian wrote:Jussi these are some ideas for the next version you make for dsj 4 could you please include them I am sure everyone would like them.
Ability for jury to change gates.

Ability to lose points or earn points from wind/gate.

Make falls look more realistic.

Thank You Jussi. Dsj is the best! :D
1st Point would be kind of useless in the current state of game, why the jury should change the gate if the gate is adjusted to the wind at the start of the game

2nd Point was discussed many times, if you want the game as realistic as possible, you have to implement this, but in view of fairness this would mean:
different wind conditions and so someone will have the same gate and 2m/s upwind and someone 0m/s and i think the differences between these two jumps will be even more than in real, this could cause 5m difference and on a big hill that would be 1.8 points/m x 5m=9 points, which would not be compensated by the current wind/gate system. So in online the fairness would be, you can say, destroyed.

3rd point would claim too much time and too much money, which is really a pity, but you have to say, that DSJ4 is a really small game in case of active players, ~300 active players. Actually the marketing of DSJ4 is bad or actually it doesnt exist, maybe improve this first -> more money, more players -> bigger and better game.
Saiko-San

Post by Saiko-San »

I'd like to see some options for the World Cup.
For example, if you start in September and end the season in March, the first Competitions will be without snow. It happened a few times to me, that then a "weekend" (same hill twice in a row) consisted of the first competition with snow and the second one without. I wish an option with something similar to the "K.O. Mode" option, so that you can set an X to jump without snow, and leave the X out, to jump in the winter.
Another great option it would be if you can decide whether you want a competition at night or at day.
145adrian

Post by 145adrian »

Thank you!

1st Point would be kind of useless in the current state of game, why the jury should change the gate if the gate is adjusted to the wind at the start of the game

2nd Point was discussed many times, if you want the game as realistic as possible, you have to implement this, but in view of fairness this would mean:
different wind conditions and so someone will have the same gate and 2m/s upwind and someone 0m/s and i think the differences between these two jumps will be even more than in real, this could cause 5m difference and on a big hill that would be 1.8 points/m x 5m=9 points, which would not be compensated by the current wind/gate system. So in online the fairness would be, you can say, destroyed.

3rd point would claim too much time and too much money, which is really a pity, but you have to say, that DSJ4 is a really small game in case of active players, ~300 active players. Actually the marketing of DSJ4 is bad or actually it doesnt exist, maybe improve this first -> more money, more players -> bigger and better game.[/quote]
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

Jussi its possible to have Oslo HS134 and Oberstdorf HS137 in next version?have you find some solution for block view?