Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Risen wrote:
Risen wrote:When you have a competition calendar, cancelled competitions are a little but interesting little something.
Tell me, how do you feel when jury cancel the competition? I bet you're not happy telling "at least it's interesting!"
You have to keep in mind that we have not to wait a complete day or week to repeat the competition like the real jumpers. You only have to klick on your mouse and get to the next competition. It would be a little bit more dynamics in the game.
Risen wrote:
Furthermore the jury adjust gates not only for jumpers safety, but also to show the audience an interesting competition.
I don't know what to say about it... It's true, but I still don't want jury to change gate in DSJ. To my mind, gates, if included, shall remain as a training feature.
OK, your opinion, i want them. It is like i mentioned before, there would be more drive and vitality. Why only make realistic the jumper and the jumps, why not the atmosphere and surrounding area?
TPo

Post by TPo »

green wrote:Jussi!

It's most important that we have record list for online jumps!, because we all know that most of longest jumps was made with slow speed tools!

Soooooooo.....on my mind offline hill record stats are to estimate against online records and
quite unimportance (triviality) for players which play fair and correct!
Are you saying I and other players on the top of the list are cheating? Look in the mirror :wink:
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
green

Post by green »

TPo wrote:
green wrote:Jussi!

It's most important that we have record list for online jumps!, because we all know that most of longest jumps was made with slow speed tools!

Soooooooo.....on my mind offline hill record stats are to estimate against online records and
quite unimportance (triviality) for players which play fair and correct!
Are you saying I and other players on the top of the list are cheating? Look in the mirror :wink:
Are you on the top? Something hurt you or....

And I also say "for players which play fair and correct"! If you are some of those where is the problem?
Last edited by green on 26 Jan 2011, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
TPo

Post by TPo »

green wrote:
and other players on the top of the list are cheating? Look in the mirror :wink:[/quote]

Are you on the top? Something hurt you or....

And I also say "for players which play fair and correct"! If you are some of those where is the problem?[/quote]I dont think any of the top players in the list are cheating. I dont like the ideo of an online record list at all. http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj4/personalhi ... ion=beta-1
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
green

Post by green »

Don't like online record list? Your problem!

If you ask me....Offline record list can stay!
If you believe that all data was correct you can watch this list and enjoyed! :D
sb103

Post by sb103 »

for me it's ok, I can live with online records thing :). It's something like local record and record during world cup. It's not bad idea. Just don't remove offline record, put both.
Some people have time to play online, some don't. So if people have many offline records it doesn't mean they're cheating. Thats all
green

Re: ..

Post by green »

sb103 wrote:for me it's ok, I can live with online records thing :). It's something like local record and record during world cup. It's not bad idea. Just don't remove offline record, put both.
Some people have time to play online, some don't. So if people have many offline records it doesn't mean they're cheating. Thats all
I agree with sb103. This must be free will. Some players can find his heroe on off or online lists. And each one can have his explanation who are the best jumper in the DSJ world! :D

For me....best players in DSJ are top players on the online ranking list!
RobertKranjecFAN

DSJ 4 BETA

Post by RobertKranjecFAN »

Would it be possible to make a counter that will tell you how many times have you jumped, how many times have you landed, how many times have you fallen and average lenght for each ski hill!
maciej53

Post by maciej53 »

In my opinion, major updates to next beta should be:
1) Bugs reapairing
2) 2 or 3 new hills. I think you should add:
-VERY small hill(HS 15-20)
-Small hill(HS 70)
-Very big (The best would be Planica)
-Eventualy I think maybe Mega Big like Wonderland( HS 270-300)
3) Some small easy things (like "one jugde is always from hosting country")
Don't you agree with me?
Last edited by maciej53 on 26 Jan 2011, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

No.

The skis should be real, at least when it comes to the K point HS and the similarity to their real counterparts in the overall look.
yorkers

Post by yorkers »

maciej53 wrote: 2) 2 or 3 new hills. I think you should add:
-Small hill(HS 70)
Oh, in my opinion this is bad idea. Jumps on this hill will be strange. Minimum HS will be 70-75. For example hill in Serbia (HS 69, DSJ3) is very strange for me. I can't imagine smaller hill.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

yorkers wrote:
-Small hill(HS 70)
Oh, in my opinion this is bad idea. Jumps on this hill will be strange. Minimum HS will be 70-75. For example hill in Serbia (HS 69, DSJ3) is very strange for me. I can't imagine smaller hill.
Would be fun to see how tight it would be in online mode at HS15 :D
Kettger

Post by Kettger »

Yes, I think it's bad idea too... nevertheless hills are realistic. ;-)
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

yorkers wrote:
-Small hill(HS 70)
Serbia was weird but I really liked it :)

My idea.
-Maybe add the coach stand near the place where the jumper takes off.
- a bit more colors on the skiis ? Perhaps a 'mediamond' writing on the bottom of the ski ;) ?
- lines on the hill beggining earlier: pic:

oh and by looking at the pic notice the word Zakopane on the top of the hill. Maybe something like that ?

cheers :)
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

In my opinion the game is nearly perfect !!!
I propose only such changes:
1. TV camera - the same as F1, but the left side of the hill (mirror F1 camera); for example for left-handers - necessarily !
2. Start of the gate - both mouse buttons evenly at once (left mouse button = left hand, right mouse button = right hand) - like as while breaking (left mouse button = left leg, right mouse button = right leg).
Apart from that everything is perfect !!!