Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Oh, I almost forgot... I don't see any fireworks across the sky on 1st January, 0:00 :-DDD
Martin_SK

Post by Martin_SK »

is it possible to make hill editor or something like that to make my own hill???
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

One more thing I was hoping for is a shorter outrun, the part of the hill from the HS line to the end of the landing zone. It should be slightly shorter, however, with such shorter hills, I'm sure the WRs wouldn't happen that often because this transition from the landing zone to the flat would be too rapid and the difference in angles would be greater.
Lord_Chrupek

Post by Lord_Chrupek »

1. Take off angle controlled by mouse movements (maybe second axis, so there will no affects on flight position).

2. Button: skip 5, 10 etc. jumpers (if you watching every jumps in competition).

3. Combined WC with All big events, such as Olympic games. (and f eg. career, 10-12 years long, so you can check your records after that 12 seasons. It will be fun, to beat best cpu jumpers. It would also need third cpu jumper parameter: prospect. Determins each cpu player progression in following seasons, it will eliminates jumping over and over on same positions in competition, and add some randomness (is that wor exists?). Also injuries in that career would be great thing:)

4. Random events, such as inrun increasing/decreasing during competition. Also, cancelling round, or something like that.

5. Customable weekends (couple of training rounds, one, or two competitions etc). I mean, that f. eg. dreating table, which you drag hills as you wish, and set number of competitions, rules of jumping (KO) and evening/morning day time.
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

when some one says career i think rtl biathlon 2009:-like career, but that you also at stats... and not know what stats are cpu hawe.

KO /playoffs no.

Cpu players yes. (althoug you will uptade them when you think you beet them too easy)

And what i say Hill creator:no thanks.
...Selection in progress...
Risen

Post by Risen »

Martin Kafka wrote:1) I already told Jussi in Online, but I'll repeat it here: I'd love to hear sounds of rain :-)
You probably won't record any of these in January, but if they made their way in some of the later beta/full releases, it would be just great.
http://www.freesound.org/
Basadoni wrote:- Possibility to change gates
in competition by a Jury
How about cancelling the competitions? Of course it's a joke. Both changing gates and cancelling the competitions is made for real jumpers' safety. In game it's obviously not required. Also, both is annoying.
tomyhy wrote:I would like the free camera. I think, that replays would be more incredible.
Fantastic idea!

Ok, that was my opinion about few things you've mentioned. Now it's time for some ideas of mine.

1) During a World Cup, daytime of the competition should be adjustable. Weather should stay random.
2) Training mode should allow start gates (high, normal, low) too. Records doesn't matter anyway.
3) All countries' flags should be included and countries should be chosen from a list of all of them, not random, 3-chars combination.
4) Color schemes templates should be saveable / it should be possible to duplicate jumpers. It's exhausting to set colors for every jumper separately, especially when there is many of them. :idea:
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

Risen wrote:
Basadoni wrote:- Possibility to change gates
in competition by a Jury
How about cancelling the competitions? Of course it's a joke. Both changing gates and cancelling the competitions is made for real jumpers' safety. In game it's obviously not required. Also, both is annoying.
No, its realistic. When you have a competition calendar, cancelled competitions are a little but interesting little something.
Furthermore the jury adjust gates not only for jumpers safety, but also to show the audience an interesting competition.
kilerfcb

Post by kilerfcb »

Sessions training will be very nice !! Because every ski - jump is different and possibility of training before the competition will be useful.

Do you not agree ?
Lord_Chrupek

Post by Lord_Chrupek »

EgyLynx wrote:when some one says career i think rtl biathlon 2009:-like career, but that you also at stats... and not know what stats are cpu hawe.
I havent think about career with stats, and development. I was thinking about career of couple following seasons, and after that some stats about how many wins you have, what titles and something like that
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

Ski Jump Intenational 3.10 is cam mind when talk prepratice (optional).
FeRu

Post by FeRu »

In my opinion final version DSJ 4 should have 32hills :D and freecam in replays and maybe option to create custom season calendar including,ski flying championship world championship 4 hills tournament etc. I think that body silhouette could be more aerodynamic...skis schould be little wider in V style and closer to body....optimal style have Simon Ammann or Wolfgang Loitzl or Adam Małysz,and nice feature will be add some nice landing animation...when jump is too long,ski jumper will have problem in landing like Adam Małysz in Willingen in 2001,or when jump is too short jumper should show resignation...no telemark landing etc.

I think thats it....sorry for my broken english :D
Risen

Post by Risen »

FeRu wrote:or when jump is too short jumper should show resignation...no telemark landing etc.
When jump is too short you can also show resignation landing with no telemark. No need to set it in the game.
And yes, long jumps (mainly on flat terrain) should be unstandable while performing a telemark. They also might be crouched in some situation and even beared with hands.
Basadoni wrote:
Risen wrote:Also, both is annoying.
No, its realistic.
Sometimes realism is really annoying...
Risen wrote:When you have a competition calendar, cancelled competitions are a little but interesting little something.
Tell me, how do you feel when jury cancel the competition? I bet you're not happy telling "at least it's interesting!"
Risen wrote:Furthermore the jury adjust gates not only for jumpers safety, but also to show the audience an interesting competition.
I don't know what to say about it... It's true, but I still don't want jury to change gate in DSJ. To my mind, gates, if included, shall remain as a training feature.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

More hills more funny!
least 32 ver 1.00 (and more after)
green

Post by green »

Jussi!

It's most important that we have record list for online jumps!, because we all know that most of longest jumps was made with slow speed tools!

Soooooooo.....on my mind offline hill record stats are to estimate against online records and
quite unimportance (triviality) for players which play fair and correct!
mask

Post by mask »

hmm... maybe trialjumpers in competition?