Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
banan1232

Post by banan1232 »

DSJ4 is not for career, if you want this buy RTL!
tumezuki

World Cup ceremonies/trophies

Post by tumezuki »

One of the things I missed in DSJ3 was some trophy-pictures or something like that after World Cup. Now you play and win whole thing and then there is just Continue-button and that's it - in the main menu again.

So maybe some picture only to showing top three best jumpers and some trophies or some animation etc. I think there was something like this in early versions of DSJ. But yeah, more glamour and great atmosphere of big sport event. Now it's (just) nice jumping and nobody doesn't say CONGRATULATIONS when you win long world cup. :P

Maybe the customizable cup would be nice too.. where you can decide the order of the hills and maybe save the cup with name.
Innsbruck-Bergisel

Post by Innsbruck-Bergisel »

The last interesting thing i want to suggest today is missing trainings in QUAL or in trainings I mean that, before the jump of the jumper of first 10. That will be a text
"Do you want to take part in QUAL trainings
germanEAGLE

Post by germanEAGLE »

The last interesting thing i want to suggest today is missing trainings in QUAL or in trainings I mean that, before the jump of the jumper of first 10. That will be a text
"Do you want to take part in QUAL trainings
good idea
kilerfcb

Post by kilerfcb »

banan1232 wrote:DSJ4 is not for career, if you want this buy RTL!
RTL is a bit old game. I wonder why they don't make new editions.
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

Because every edition since 2003 was almost the same? Only the graphics were a bit improved every year but there weren't any spectacular changes.
Deesjot

Post by Deesjot »

My ideas:

1. Counterslopes for Bergisel, Oslo, Malinka, Trondheim, Oberstdort K185.....

2. Characteristic tribunes: stadion in Lahti, lateral tribunes in Sapporo.....

3. Characteristic landscapes: mountains in Planica, roads in Zakopane.....

4. Canvases for wind for Harrachov, Bergisel, Kussamo, Lahti.....

Other: House for jumpers on tower of hill.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

pretty good ones ;)

There should be more stuff around the hill... like wind protection, snow guns maybe etc.
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

Based on several requests: @Jussi: People open threds dealing with the same topics nearly every day. It seems that the forum now really needs a moderator who has an eye on new topics. Makes the forum hard to read because the sheer number of similar threads must confuse everybody here. Would be great if you choose a person or two or three, who are online on a regular basis to check the forum and edit, combine or close new threads, if necessary.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

@ Deesjot: Jussi can't afford official licenses. If he creates the environment and characteristics of the hills too close to reality, he might get into license trouble.

Basically, I think there is not much sense in suggesting any more cosmetic changes, because the graphic has already been increased significantly. Jussi should concentrate on more gameplay related features now rather than more cosmetic changes.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Aerotal

Post by Aerotal »

I suggest that dark weather should be optional, because it makes jumping harder and it is more annoying than bright weather. In settings there should be an option where you could choose between random weather and always sunny.
O.K.E.Y

Personal Best

Post by O.K.E.Y »

I would have added Personal best on the mammoths :D
Sorry for my english, I come from Polish.
Personal BEST: 213,89M
Nik0-91

Post by Nik0-91 »

Ability to choose how many players qualify in world cup.

Mahdollisuus valita kuinka monta pelaajaa pääsee karsinnasta kisaan/toiselle kierrokselle maailmancupissa. 8)
Arto Sihvola

Post by Arto Sihvola »

Aerotal wrote:I suggest that dark weather should be optional, because it makes jumping harder and it is more annoying than bright weather. In settings there should be an option where you could choose between random weather and always sunny.
Weird, i always find it easier to jump when its dark.
Mortys

Post by Mortys »

maybe, when you are choosing a hill, don't tell only location, but the name of the hill too