Single Event.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
banan123

Single Event.

Post by banan123 »

Can you add "Single Event" ? That will be something like wintercup, but we will jump in one hill with customized weather. (Sorry for bad english)
aaaaaaaa
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Then you could set the wind for hill record jumps?
banan123

Post by banan123 »

yes, that will be good. We know that everybody are restarting the game to search a good wind conditions.
aaaaaaaa
RobertKranjecFAN

DSJ4 BETA

Post by RobertKranjecFAN »

That's what DSJ is all about - searching for the best wind so you can jump longer.
This would ruin the records but it would be a nice feature in practice where records dont count anyway
banan123

Post by banan123 »

the wind is not important for offline tournaments, but that will be good when we can set a time when the competition starts or snowinnes or something like that.
aaaaaaaa
Risen

Post by Risen »

Single event mode is an average idea. As RKF said, wind during competitions should stay random, that's the magic of the game, hunting for it. Who'd play World Cup mode if there was possibility to adjust the wind during the single competition? The only what can be acceptable is setting other weather conditions, but they can be easily adjusted in training mode yet. Then it's a bad idea to make it for competitions.

That's my opinion. :P
Grufugl

Re: DSJ4 BETA

Post by Grufugl »

RobertKranjecFAN wrote:That's what DSJ is all about - searching for the best wind so you can jump longer.
I don't agree. It was so before dsj3.1.5 came with online, because back then jumping records offline and upload to the lists was the only way to compete on the net. And many, included me, has continued to hunt record offline after that in dsj3, it sort of became a habit :wink:
But I feel competing online now is really what dsj is all about. I don't care for offline records anymore with dsj4 :)